Malcolm Butler

NashvilleNinja

They're talking about Amari Cooper on NFLN, but they showed a couple plays from Cooper with Butler as defender. Butler's technique is just plain awful. Cooper was turning Butler's hips like a fidget spinner.

I don't know what his deal is, if he's just too afraid of getting burned or if he just can't run with his man, but the guy is a liability right now. They have to get their money's worth out of him, but how many more big plays is this fucker going to give up? He's averaging at least one a game.

Edited by NashvilleNinja

• Replies 69
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Top Posters In This Topic

Popular Posts

We are asking him to cover receivers, which I agree may be out of his comfort zone. 

Maybe he'll change his name to Valentino too!

Just now, Stan said:

There’s a reason he went un drafted 

There's also a reason he became the Patriots starter. Don't act like he's done nothing in the league just to justify why you don't think he should have been signed here.

The problem is right now, not his past career. Right now he's playing like shit. The question is why and what can he do to improve that.

His claim to fame was a fluke play call by the Seahawks when they should have ran the ball, he was hidden in a patriots defense that was run by belichick and Patricia .and later was benched in the super bowl.. I never understood the signing to this day. 

I believe he was simply a product of that Patriots system. There’s a reason Belichick brought in Gilmore and paid him while letting Butler walk.

As it stands right now, I doubt Butler would have made a difference in the Super Bowl against the Eagles.

Right now he stinks and yes, this is shaping up to be a horrible signing.

Actually played really well when they were playing him 7 yards off his man in the second half. He didn’t allow shit that I saw after that. 

However when hen he is lined up tight at the los he has been getting abused. 

I say say keep him 6-8 yards off his man and he will be way better. Let Adoree play his man at the LOS

Speaking of Adoree. This may have been one of his best games to date. No interceptions but I didn’t hear his name once. 

Ryan was lights out as usual. He eliminated Beasley as he has done slot receivers all season

Edited by Kyle021

2 hours ago, Stan said:

His claim to fame was a fluke play call by the Seahawks when they should have ran the ball, he was hidden in a patriots defense that was run by belichick and Patricia .and later was benched in the super bowl.. I never understood the signing to this day. 

This isn't true at all. In 2015 & '16 he was a legit pro bowler. The Saints offered a 1st rd pick for him before the 2017 season & it was considered a perfectly fair offer. 

Hes just playing bad now. He certainly wasn't good tonight but it was really the stop & go by Allen Hurns that made him look bad. He wasn't terrible against Cooper, he got spun pretty good twice but he also blanketed him on 2 fades.

It sucks that he's fallen off so much because this defense could be really good if he finds his game.