This Offensive Line is Garbarge

ap24786

• Replies 149
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Top Posters In This Topic

Popular Posts

He has good plays and bad plays. Sometimes he does an excellent job navigating the pocket, other times he steps into pressure. All quarterbacks have these types of plays, some are better at it than ot

Hmm

Telvin Smith, Yannick Ngakoue, and Calais Campbell are tremendous players...but they barely even had their names mentioned tonight.    Definitely a tremendous showing from the O-line.   Firs

Posted Images

4 hours ago, titanruss said:

Conklin is coming off a fucked up knee. 

it takes a full season to recover at least.... unless you are on massive amounts of steroids. 

This is a good point.  He blew his knee out in late January.  Seems like they rushed him back, but I'm sure he's still dealing with that.

1 minute ago, No1TitansFan said:

Ben Jones is terrible would be a more appropriate title. Rewatching the game and it's obvious where the trouble lies.

Yes.  It's unfortunate because he probably the leader of that offense and very experienced at making the calls.  But he just can't block anymore.

3 minutes ago, No1TitansFan said:

Ben Jones is terrible would be a more appropriate title. Rewatching the game and it's obvious where the trouble lies.

He's the worst, no doubt. But Kline and Spain deserve some blame too. They aren't good. But Jones gets blown up every damn play. Do we really have no other centers on the roster? 

20 minutes ago, Soxcat said:

Spain is the 15th rated OG per PFF.  Kline is 38th.  Jones is the 13th rated C and is rated better than Unger and Kalil.

So.... no, Spain is not awful.  Kline is the one playing like shit.  Jones is pretty average.  The real problem is when Spain was out we lost our best interior guy and Levin was worst than awful (22 pass blocking rating).   In fact I'd predict if Jones was replaced by Levin at C (C might be Levin's best position) we would have cheers and high fives with posts that Jones sucks and should be cut....but Levin would then go on to play about the same.  Whoever we get to replace anyone needs to be a substantial upgrade. 

I'd keep Spain and look for the biggest upgrade at G or C I could get.  Going to be hard to replace 2 or 3 guys but swap one guy out for a significant upgrade and we might have something.  And sure as hell don't get rid of Spain who is not great but the best we have on the interior.

Agreed. If our C/RG were playing as well as Spain, we would have a top 3 OL group. JRob paid the wrong guard big time...

Edited by ChemEngr79

2 hours ago, japan said:

This is a good point.  He blew his knee out in late January.  Seems like they rushed him back, but I'm sure he's still dealing with that.

I wouldn't expect a whole lot out of Conklin until next year. 

I thought it was dumb of them to leave him one on one vs Lawrence as much as they did before he went out with the concussion. 

23 minutes ago, Soxcat said:

Another area we miss Delaney.  Walker could knock a guy into next week and still get out in his route.  I do think we will see more of Smith in the pass offense however.  He was running wide open a few times and didn't get the ball. 

It was nice to see Smith look like an actual football player. He absolutely scorched his LB on that wheel route where MM threw to Davis. 

1 minute ago, IsntLifeFunny said:

It was nice to see Smith look like an actual football player. He absolutely scorched his LB on that wheel route where MM threw to Davis. 

As ineffective as he's been, he gets wide open pretty frequently, Marcus needs to look his way more and give him more chances. 

Just now, tgo said:

As ineffective as he's been, he gets wide open pretty frequently, Marcus needs to look his way more and give him more chances. 

Yep. He seems like a Cook type of TE. He isn’t exactly quick twitch like Delanie, but he’s long and fast so when he makes a good move in 1-1 he’s going to burn you if it’s a LB. Marcus seems more comfortable with his TEs being used more as a safety blanket or as a guy who can create off a short route. I guess I’m saying he isn’t exactly used to waiting on his TE to get open. He’s either targeting him on 3rd down or using him as a dump off player (notice the several dumps to Stocker, which were actually really good throws with the pocket breaking down). When they watch the film I hope Smith is telling Marcus ‘just give me another chance!’.