ap24786

This Offensive Line is Garbarge

Crayola   

Stepping right towards on rushing sack masters will have this type outcome.  Probably letting teams get a jump on his count too.  Got a couple token off sides in four years.  Let's not go calling cadence a strength. God knows whatever other tells he's got goin on. 

Huston   
8 minutes ago, ap24786 said:

So proud of this offensive line tonight and their run blocking. Did a nice job setting the edge so Henry can break free into open space where he's the most dangerous.

And we dint see all that penetration up the middle this game as well, gave Henry time to chose his hole instead of evading someone or running up his blockers back.

ap24786   
3 minutes ago, nine said:

Telvin Smith, Yannick Ngakoue, and Calais Campbell are tremendous players...but they barely even had their names mentioned tonight. 

Definitely a tremendous showing from the O-line.   First time all year they’ve just flat-out manhandled an opponent.

This is what oline was supposed to do and how JRob envisioned them to be doing. With a good running game we're a completely different offense. 

36 minutes ago, helimachoptor said:

what was the o-line configuration last night? 

Looked back to normal from what I saw. 

Makes no sense.

Maybe vrabel challenging them helped? Henry just being pumped for Jax? Spain benching brought out some better play in him? Did we go to more power blocking? 

Justafan   
On 12/3/2018 at 3:26 PM, Cyrus said:

He has good plays and bad plays. Sometimes he does an excellent job navigating the pocket, other times he steps into pressure. All quarterbacks have these types of plays, some are better at it than others, but Rogers, Brady and the like have drifted into pressure many times. The criteria isn't so binary with him: He does or doesn't. It's more about "frequency" - it may happen too often. However it's greatly exacerbated by an OL that too often demands excellent movement within the pocket to find a place to throw. Mariota is significantly better in pocket movement/awareness than someone like Derek Carr (who struggled with it in college too). He's not Russell Wilson (who I agree is an excellent pocket QB who has a poor OL), but he's not fundamentally flawed in that way.

Personally I think he needs to improve, but I think it will be helped a good deal by greater familiarity with the offense (and the receivers) along with more consistency and predictability from the OL.

And one last thought - I think the Mariota critiques are way overblown. So much of this team's success is hinged on him not only being mistake free, but being a significant playmaker. He can do both at the same time, but it creates a very small margin of error for a young player. (25 years old). He's a very good quarterback who needs to improve, but needs way more consistency (and predictability) around him. 

@Cyrus , miss these posts man.  Come back.

japan   
3 hours ago, titanruss said:

Maybe vrabel challenging them helped? Definitely

Henry just being pumped for Jax? He seems to always get up for Jax

Spain benching brought out some better play in him? No doubt about it

Did we go to more power blocking? No

Cyrus   
9 hours ago, Justafan said:

@Cyrus , miss these posts man.  Come back.

I'm still here...! But I've got a 1 year old and 3 year old keeping me busy on the weekends, and I don't get to watch the games like I used to. It actually helps in keeping more perspective, and not experiencing it just game to game.

So now what Jrob? We are out of tackles, and could use a better guard. You keep bringing in running backs but you never address this huge problem. With Conklin down we need a good tackle. Can't go into post season (hopefully) without one. Get busy.