Immigration Solution

Number9

• Replies 134
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Top Posters In This Topic

Popular Posts

If you want to end illegal immigration just fine any business who hires an illegal immigrant $1m per employee.    People overwhelmingly come here for jobs. If they can’t get jobs they won’t

If you want to have a discussion dont start throwing out fucking insults. 

This would be a good place to start:   The Border Security, Economic Opportunity, and Immigration Modernization Act of 2013 (S.744) was a proposed immigration reform bill introduced by Sen.

Posted Images

39 minutes ago, Justafan said:

That's the point.  We choose.  We don't let them tell us.

Let em all in.  Basically we do this already with tourist visas.

If someone gets a job, the household can stay in my opinion.

If we're talking about an Immigration Solution, it's about changing the laws.  Fix the laws and there won't be a need to have a bunch of under the table "illegal" cases.

On 11/6/2018 at 5:58 PM, Justafan said:

And proving my point.  They're outside the system.  The ones that are inside the system, many of them actually pay negative income taxes.  Most, from what I can tell. 

All in all, there is overwhelming evidence that illegal immigrants are a net positive for the economy but are also a huge burden on taxpayers and cost Americans far more than the net benefits.  

Of course, a counter-argument can be made but I haven't seen much evidence to support it.  

People say illegal immigrants do the jobs Americans don't want. LOL.  I remember when in Nashville, the black people did the best brick laying jobs.  They also did a lot of the brick laying all over the city.  Whites did framing and siding.  Po whites were the roofers, hot as hell on them roofs.  Now, immigrants do all or a high percentage of those jobs.  

Those jobs have always paid a decent wage.  Now, the wages for that work I GD BET HAS GONE WAY DOWN.  That's just one example.  If you think, there are plenty others.  So, legal citizens born in America have their wages go down below the ability to live a regular American lifestyle.  You just can't compassionately be on the wrong side of this argument.  Now everybody on here works a more skilled position or is educationally qualified.  But think for a minute if you are making 38K and a bunch of illegal immigrants come and start taking away your jobs because they will work for 32K with no bennies.  What are you going to do?  You tell me your employer won't take workers doing the same jobs for 6K per year less than You, plus no matching 401K, not paying for your high ass healthcare coverage and not having to deal with you standing up for your rights if a manager calls you a slow ass MF'n worker?

So, we have compassion for people south of the border, we should do more to actually help them.  I just think opening borders when no other industrialized country is doing it, just might not be the best idea.  It's a problem.  It needs a solution that benefits all people involved.

How many people are living in the country who came in undocumented or are children of UDI's?  

5 minutes ago, Number9 said:

People say illegal immigrants do the jobs Americans don't want. LOL.  I remember when in Nashville, the black people did the best brick laying jobs.  They also did a lot of the brick laying all over the city.  Whites did framing and siding.  Po whites were the roofers, hot as hell on them roofs.  Now, immigrants do all or a high percentage of those jobs.  

Those jobs have always paid a decent wage.  Now, the wages for that work I GD BET HAS GONE WAY DOWN.  That's just one example.  If you think, there are plenty others.  So, legal citizens born in America have their wages go down below the ability to live a regular American lifestyle.  You just can't compassionately be on the wrong side of this argument.  Now everybody on here works a more skilled position or is educationally qualified.  But think for a minute if you are making 38K and a bunch of illegal immigrants come and start taking away your jobs because they will work for 32K with no bennies.  What are you going to do?  You tell me your employer won't take workers doing the same jobs for 6K per year less than You, plus no matching 401K, not paying for your high ass healthcare coverage and not having to deal with you standing up for your rights if a manager calls you a slow ass MF'n worker?

So, we have compassion for people south of the border, we should do more to actually help them.  I just think opening borders when no other industrialized country is doing it, just might not be the best idea.  It's a problem.  It needs a solution that benefits all people involved.

How many people are living in the country who came in undocumented or are children of UDI's?  

Most of the people you see on those roofs aren't illegal immigrants. The fact is we need immigration, and if they lower some of the already lower middle class jobs then those white and black people who are affected (mostly white btw) have opportunities to further their education and get another job paid for all by the government. Essentially, your post is hogwash. 

1 minute ago, IsntLifeFunny said:

Most of the people you see on those roofs aren't illegal immigrants. The fact is we need immigration, and if they lower some of the already lower middle class jobs then those white and black people who are affected (mostly white btw) have opportunities to further their education and get another job paid for all by the government. Essentially, your post is hogwash. 

Okay.  It's hogwash.  These roofers have a home, mortgage/rent, health ins, children.  He loses his job paying 16.50 per hour, 660/week.  He goes to school, free to get educated ever though he's bout smart enough to do what he was doing.  But school is free.  So, where does the $660 come from to keep the home going.

Mostly white?  I am talking about all Americans, the jobs I mentioned in my example were mostly held by whites.  

Hogwash.  I am maybe not literate enough to explain my point, but I did my best.

5 hours ago, IsntLifeFunny said:

The government will give grants if you qualify, but grants only cover a small percentage of a four year college degree. I worked two jobs while going to school full time and still had to take out loans to cover the remaining tuition grants wouldn’t. I graduated from Tennessee Tech with a nice chunk of debt eight years ago, and Tech isn’t nearly as expensive as other universities.

Also, the type of career one pursues should be considered as well. For example, a lot of tech jobs are being outsourced overseas, and there’s quite a bit of competition for what remains here. If it can be done (and it can be) cheaper in another country, that’s where it will be done for a lot of companies.

8 hours ago, IsntLifeFunny said:

8 hours ago, Number9 said:

Immigration isn't really the problem.  Illegal immigration is.  We're living in a fantasy world where we think people will just go get more education and these magic higher quality jobs will jump out at them.  

One of the biggest things hurting average Americans today is a lack of good jobs that don't require over credentialization.  If you think that's a good thing, I would say it's hogwash.  

If you can reduce illegal immigration, you can control legal immigration to some extent.  You can't control where they go but you can kind of direct where the mass numbers go and who gets in and when and what exactly you're looking for.  You can bring in more doctors, lawyers, teachers and engineers.  If you honestly believe Americans are unwilling to lay bricks, I don't know what to tell you other than it's simply not true.

I worked in a restaurant when I was a kid.  I loaded trucks.  I worked for a general contractor out of Brentwood as a carpenter for a couple of years.  So acting like you can't get Americans to take those jobs is silly.  If contractors can't hire enough people the wages will go up and people will start to take the jobs.

One of the biggest reasons that wage growth has been flat for so long is that the value of labor has gone down tremendously.  Women now work about as much as men which almost doubled the workforce.  Illegal immigrants come in and have taken over the spots of 12 million plus people.  That's a lot of people.  All of this stuff adds up and then we complain because wages don't go up but these companies aren't looking out for us.  They are going to hire the cheapest people.  

• 4 weeks later...

Things have changed since then.  The value of labor has gone down.  Wages and employment have gone up in Mexico and we have seen several groups of people from other countries walk through Mexico to reach the US so it is no longer just Mexicans crossing the border.  

We also have to recognize things like border violence, drugs, increased danger from terrorism, political, geopolitical, economic, and cultural shifts since the days of Reagan.

I'm in favor of immigration.  My wife is an immigrant.  Illegal immigration needs to be done away with.  You can make it easier for people to come here AND crack down on illegals.  No one wants to in Washington because neither party wants to hand a victory to the other side.  

30 minutes ago, Rolltide said:

My wife is also an immigrant. a legal one. She can be violent though. 

Notice how Reagan supported what conservatives call amnesty?  He's talking about getting these people social security numbers and having them pay taxes. Reagan always had the capitalist perspective. 

Reagan has the right idea. Love a lot of his ideas. I think things have changed since his day but much of what he says still rings true.

“Two groups of Central American migrants marched to the U.S. Consulate in Tijuana on Tuesday with a list of demands, with one group delivering an ultimatum to the Trump administration: either let them in the U.S. or pay them $50,000 each to go home, a report said.”

https://www.foxnews.com/politics/caravan-migrants-in-mexico-demand-trump-either-let-them-in-u-s-or-pay-them-50000-each-to-go-back-home

“A splinter group from the migrant caravans camped out on the U.S.-Mexico border has offered the U.S. a deal: Pay them $50,000 each and they’ll go back home.”

https://m.washingtontimes.com/news/2018/dec/12/migrant-caravan-members-demand-50000-apiece-go-bac/