Fortnite Battle Royale Thread

Jonboy

• Replies 89
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Top Posters In This Topic

Popular Posts

Do not.... I repeat... DO NOT SAVE YOUR CREDIT CARD IN THE PROFILE. Skins are outfits that you can wear and are bought in the store by using vbucks. Kids are known for racking up tons and tons of $ on

I doubt you guys know how hard I've worked at this, but... it's taken a lot of work to get it done. Consistently living to the final few without killing took some work. Been practicing various strateg

Here ya go, @StephenIsLegend

50 minutes ago, 52O said:

My sons just got into thisnshit

wtf are skins and how do they get them 

Do not.... I repeat... DO NOT SAVE YOUR CREDIT CARD IN THE PROFILE. Skins are outfits that you can wear and are bought in the store by using vbucks. Kids are known for racking up tons and tons of $ on credit cards buying vbucks. The item shop is where most skins and emotes can be purchased and they change every day. The best thing you could do would be to buy them the battle pass on Thursday when the new season comes out. It will give them 10 weeks of challenges and lots of skins and emotes to unlock. The battle pass is like $10 or so

Got a completely underserved duo last night. But also completely deserved.

Made it to final 4 (2v2) with my brother but the other team had already build up nicely in the smallest circle and we had to leave trees and navigate an open area to get to them. They had rocket launchers as well. I managed to get under one build (he didn't go straight up but kind of mushroomed at the top) and was knocking it down but the other guy noticed me and was shooting into my structure. Turned around and noticed his structure was held up with only one ramp. Dropped that and he came down. But meanwhile my brother took a rocket to the face be and it was 1v2. Then they decided to stunt on me.

They fought their way into my build and one came in and threw a poison trap which obviously got me. But I pumped him, so at least it wouldn't be two of them dancing. Missed my first shot and he started axing me. But got him on the second shot.

Then his buddy decided to come back into the structure and throw a second poison trap, since I was so low at that point. But I ran out of the structure and pumped his dumb ass to death as he sat in build mode.

Neither shot at me with all the gold weapons they dropped. No rocket shots. Just "let's trap this fool."

NOT TODAY BITCHES. GIMME THAT W.

37 minutes ago, Jamalisms said:

God, I love Fortnite on the Switch. Ever since they segregated us from XBox and PS4, we win plenty.

I'm up to about 75 squads and 25 duos. Haven't played solo much in months (I think I'm still at 32 solos).

While I love playing on Xbox I really miss this. The games are so damn sweaty on Xbox. 

21 minutes ago, Jamalisms said:

Got a completely underserved duo last night. But also completely deserved.

Made it to final 4 (2v2) with my brother but the other team had already build up nicely in the smallest circle and we had to leave trees and navigate an open area to get to them. They had rocket launchers as well. I managed to get under one build (he didn't go straight up but kind of mushroomed at the top) and was knocking it down but the other guy noticed me and was shooting into my structure. Turned around and noticed his structure was held up with only one ramp. Dropped that and he came down. But meanwhile my brother took a rocket to the face be and it was 1v2. Then they decided to stunt on me.

They fought their way into my build and one came in and threw a poison trap which obviously got me. But I pumped him, so at least it wouldn't be two of them dancing. Missed my first shot and he started axing me. But got him on the second shot.

Then his buddy decided to come back into the structure and throw a second poison trap, since I was so low at that point. But I ran out of the structure and pumped his dumb ass to death as he sat in build mode.

Neither shot at me with all the gold weapons they dropped. No rocket shots. Just "let's trap this fool."

NOT TODAY BITCHES. GIMME THAT W.

Bots gonna bot ? 

There are few things to anger me more than getting to the end and it's 1v4 in a squad match and they decide they're only going to trap you to death. Get it over with, asshats.

So glad I took their victory. That's possibly my greatest achievement in fortnite.

4 hours ago, heyitsmeallen said:

The new season is badass so far 

I enjoy almost everything except they took balloons. And that's a small gripe.

The Victory Royale umbrella is smooth. Still haven't explored Neo Tilted or much of the Mega Mall.

6 hours ago, Jamalisms said:

I enjoy almost everything except they took balloons. And that's a small gripe.

The Victory Royale umbrella is smooth. Still haven't explored Neo Tilted or much of the Mega Mall.

Haha I knew you would hate the balloons being gone. Much harder to get into trees now ? 

i really love the slipstream system. It’s already saved us from the storm multiple times. The combat shotgun is sick. While you can’t 1pump someone if they have a shield, you can do damage over 60m away and destroy buildings 100m away. And the fire rate is Insanely fast. Imo it’s way better than the pump. The new POIs are ok. I haven’t gone into creative to really learn them, just dropped there a few times in games. 

1 hour ago, heyitsmeallen said:

Haha I knew you would hate the balloons being gone. Much harder to get into trees now ? 

i really love the slipstream system. It’s already saved us from the storm multiple times. The combat shotgun is sick. While you can’t 1pump someone if they have a shield, you can do damage over 60m away and destroy buildings 100m away. And the fire rate is Insanely fast. Imo it’s way better than the pump. The new POIs are ok. I haven’t gone into creative to really learn them, just dropped there a few times in games. 

I've been playing squads and duos almost exclusively. Much less hiding in trees.

I actually find that I get angry and frustrated trying to play solo now. It's a different playstyle and I'm not in practice and I get second place so mother fucking god damn much and never win anymore.

I liked balloons with rockets or boom bow and it's a preferred, controlled, faster means of circling.

There's some mechanics about the slipstream that feel off. I haven't pinpointed why.

I think they made a ton of good decisions for this season, btw.

• 1 year later...

Alright guys I need help on this Fortnite stuff. 

My son has been bugging the shit out of my wife and I about letting him play Fortnite. His Bday is coming up so we figured we would get it for him. Whats the break down for getting this shit? We've got an Xbox one and he has a Nintendo switch lite. Is it only downloaded online? Do we need Xbox live or other online game subscriptions. 

I very rarely play video games. I played Madden and all the other big sports game but never got into the other stuff. I also haven't played video games for quite some time. We won our Xbox one in a raffle and it sat in the box for about 2 years. I assume he is going to play for a couple months and then get bored with it like he does all his other stuff. 

So what's my next step?

1 hour ago, CaliTitan3518 said:

So what's my next step?

Never played fortnite but you will need the internet subscription for Xbox and do not need it for Switch.

I personally wouldn't want to play any competitive game on a Switch Lite but it will all be your son's preference or yours (depending if you want to dedicate a TV to play with Xbox). I would recommend just downloading a copy directly from the e-store from the console you choose. After that, I am clueless about everything in the game besides to make sure your credit card at least has parental restrictions.

my kid plays on his switch but since you can't dock the switch lite I'd go with Xbox. He begged me to play with him so I play on the Xbox since fortnite supports cross platform. You will need xbox live but its not expensive 50 bucks or something for the year. Make sure you you don't bypass the credit card checks as your son will rack up hundreds in cosmetics for the game if you dont watch it.