Fortnite Battle Royale Thread

Jonboy

• Replies 89
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Top Posters In This Topic

Popular Posts

Do not.... I repeat... DO NOT SAVE YOUR CREDIT CARD IN THE PROFILE. Skins are outfits that you can wear and are bought in the store by using vbucks. Kids are known for racking up tons and tons of $ on

I doubt you guys know how hard I've worked at this, but... it's taken a lot of work to get it done. Consistently living to the final few without killing took some work. Been practicing various strateg

Here ya go, @StephenIsLegend

16 hours ago, abenjami said:

I heard some kid decapitated himself with a chainsaw because he lost at Fortnite.

What a loser. LOL

My two favorite video game death stories both take place in South Korea...

1 - Someone was so depressed when their World of Warcraft character died they committed suicide to be with them in the afterlife

2 - Mulitple people have died at cyber cafe's because they literally just sit at the computer for days and don't eat or sleep.... Imagine just realizing that someone is dead sitting next to you

In college I did a pyschology report about video game addiction, I thought I had it bad before I did that (and likely very much do compared to the general gaming population), but holy shit. There are some fascinating horror stories about people truly and sometimes literally throwing their life away over a game.

Edited by wiscotitansfan

41 minutes ago, wiscotitansfan said:

In college I did a pyschology report about video game addiction, I thought I had it bad before I did that (and likely very much do compared to the general gaming population), but holy shit. There are some fascinating horror stories about people truly and sometimes literally throwing their life away over a game.

It's gotten stupid as hell out there.  For a lot of people, video games is their real world.  They hardly do anything besides the game itself.

I've talked to many people in the EU and the UK using voice chat, who are on their government sponsored welfare system over there, or whatever you wanna call it.  They don't work at all and don't want to.  They sit there in their apartment (of course they'll never afford a house) and play video games, day after day after day.

Even if they had a house, they're so fucking out of shape physically, they'd never be able to keep it up and do yard work outside without having a heart attack and gasping for breath. LOL  Fuck that.

Hell, I have played the hell out of video games since Pong came out in the '70s and I still do play occasionally, but I'm not letting my health go to shit by not getting off my ass and keeping in some kind of physical shape.

It's not just video games though I guess.  Some people are addicted to the internet and sit in their damn chairs posting on forums all day and night.  Get off your ass and enjoy the world around you.  Get the fuck outside and take a walk.  Enjoy life and your surroundings.  Or hey, just off yourself, I could care less! :P 

1 hour ago, TitanedUpSince'70 said:

It's gotten stupid as hell out there.  For a lot of people, video games is their real world.  They hardly do anything besides the game itself.

I've talked to many people in the EU and the UK using voice chat, who are on their government sponsored welfare system over there, or whatever you wanna call it.  They don't work at all and don't want to.  They sit there in their apartment (of course they'll never afford a house) and play video games, day after day after day.

Even if they had a house, they're so fucking out of shape physically, they'd never be able to keep it up and do yard work outside without having a heart attack and gasping for breath. LOL  Fuck that.

Hell, I have played the hell out of video games since Pong came out in the '70s and I still do play occasionally, but I'm not letting my health go to shit by not getting off my ass and keeping in some kind of physical shape.

It's not just video games though I guess.  Some people are addicted to the internet and sit in their damn chairs posting on forums all day and night.  Get off your ass and enjoy the world around you.  Get the fuck outside and take a walk.  Enjoy life and your surroundings.  Or hey, just off yourself, I could care less! :P 

Luckily for me I have my dogs that force me to be relatively active and live in Madison which has a lot of lakes to go kayaking on... I have recently moved cities so don't know anyone besides the casual tinder dates I go on and have even more recently started sobriety (at least for the next few months).

I def spend wayyy too much time in front of the screen but at least I have good metabolism and have always been active enough for me to stay in good enough shape. Unluckily though that will change at some point. My biggest problem with my video game problems is that my mindset goes to the idea similar to "Hey, I am home from work, took care of the dogs and went for a walk/park, got my shit done and now I can justify being a slob the rest of the night (all the way until I stay up wayy too late on work nights)".... The unhealthy part of that is that I am so complacent once I fucking do the things that are required to be a functional human that I don't go out and better myself, get decent sleep even or socialize with too many others besides my friends from home back in Milwaukee.... It also sucks that I don't really know how to make friends sober.

Edited by wiscotitansfan

2nd video in the Fortnite Fundamentals series I'm doing is up as well. Let me know what you guys think and how I could make these more useful. I want to keep them simple and serve as a guide for newcomers or those interested in trying out the game. I have a pretty good list of topics I want to cover in the series.

19 minutes ago, Jonboy said:

Let me know what you guys think and how I could make these more useful. I want to keep them simple and serve as a guide for newcomers or those interested in trying out the game.

Didn't watch it tbh and never have nor will play fortnite... If I get around to it I might check them out to see what you can teach me since I'm a noob and if I have any recommendations.

That being said, I really like your youtube screencap or whatever it's called. My only criticism would be the use of the word fundamentals compared to something simple like "basics" that someone might use as a search

24 minutes ago, Jonboy said:

2nd video in the Fortnite Fundamentals series I'm doing is up as well. Let me know what you guys think and how I could make these more useful. I want to keep them simple and serve as a guide for newcomers or those interested in trying out the game. I have a pretty good list of topics I want to cover in the series.

I'll try to get my nephews to watch it since they play Fortnite far too much.

27 minutes ago, wiscotitansfan said:

Didn't watch it tbh and never have nor will play fortnite... If I get around to it I might check them out to see what you can teach me since I'm a noob and if I have any recommendations.

That being said, I really like your youtube screencap or whatever it's called. My only criticism would be the use of the word fundamentals compared to something simple like "basics" that someone might use as a search

Thanks for the feedback! Basics would definitely be better for the SEO. I just couldn't pass up the opportunity for the alliteration considering Fortnite has a thing for it. All the locations in the game start with the same letter (Tilted Towers, Retail Row, Pleasant Park, etc.). 

27 minutes ago, rns90 said:

I'll try to get my nephews to watch it since they play Fortnite far too much.

Cool, thanks! If they play a lot, then this will almost certainly be info they already know. But they may have ideas about how to make it better. If I'm able to stick with it, I want to eventually do a series with more advance strategies where I highlight a Pro Player and try to break down their gameplay so the average person can understand what's going on.

I doubt you guys know how hard I've worked at this, but... it's taken a lot of work to get it done. Consistently living to the final few without killing took some work. Been practicing various strategies for end game, trying to get people to kill themselves. That was the hardest part.