The Long Night (Bloodmoon?)

NashvilleNinja

2 hours ago, Jamalisms said:

Sweet

Makes me feel a little better about the impending finish to GOT with S8.

Speaking of GOT semi/indirectly-related things... have you or anyone else watched any of the new Netflix series Bodyguard? It stars Richard Madden, who played Robb Stark in GOT. Just wondering if it was any good. One of the guys on Midday180 was singing its praises either yesterday or the day before.

• 2 months later...

More casting being done.

https://screenrant.com/game-thrones-prequel-tv-show-cast/

Jamie Campbell Bower, who played Caius in the Twilight movies, is one of them. Still shots of him from those movies make him look a lot like Lancel Lannister, especially from his pre-religious days with the longer hair. Makes me think he might be the one they'll have playing Lan the Clever.

4136ea281f91076f3bc1102fccfb4d03.jpg

A logo is not going to do anything for me. I assume the show won’t come out until next year.  

If the WW are the big bass in this story, how scary will the audience view them knowing they end in the fashion they did?  I suppose good writing and acting can build up some momentary and situational dread. 

On 6/29/2019 at 9:35 AM, CreepingDeath said:

A logo is not going to do anything for me. I assume the show won’t come out until next year.  

If the WW are the big bass in this story, how scary will the audience view them knowing they end in the fashion they did?  I suppose good writing and acting can build up some momentary and situational dread. 

From the little I've read about the new show it isn't going to be much like GOT at all, at least as far as the story arcs go. There is no King's Landing, no Targaryens as they haven't even come to prominence/existence yet, etc. I'm guessing the Children of the Forest will have a more prominent role in this show and magic will play a larger part.

GOT had elements of both Braveheart and Lord of the Rings to it, but it always seemed to be closer to Braveheart. If I had to make a crude guess at what it will be like I'm thinking it may closer to Lord of the Rings than Braveheart. Magic is/was supposedly stronger in older Westeros so it would make sense if that played a larger role in the new show.

@Starkiller or @Jamalisms... accurate?

The show toned down all of the fantasy elements when compared to the books. The history of Westeros (and Essos) is heavily built on legends. If taken fully, then yes, it is more magical. Queen Nymeria brought over water mages with her to Dorne. These water mages fought the fire dragons in Essos before fleeing. 

8 hours ago, NashvilleNinja said:

From the little I've read about the new show it isn't going to be much like GOT at all, at least as far as the story arcs go. There is no King's Landing, no Targaryens as they haven't even come to prominence/existence yet, etc. I'm guessing the Children of the Forest will have a more prominent role in this show and magic will play a larger part.

GOT had elements of both Braveheart and Lord of the Rings to it, but it always seemed to be closer to Braveheart. If I had to make a crude guess at what it will be like I'm thinking it may closer to Lord of the Rings than Braveheart. Magic is/was supposedly stronger in older Westeros so it would make sense if that played a larger role in the new show.

@Starkiller or @Jamalisms... accurate?

I don’t really know what to expect with this new series. There isn’t an Iron Throne to fight over. Presumably there will still be political intrigue of some sort because people are people and each of the 7 kingdoms still had rulers. But it seems like it will focus on the creation of the White Walkers and the fight to stop them.

Archived