Beddingfield: Davis’s ceiling is a good #2

ChesterCopperpot1

• Replies 77
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Top Posters In This Topic

Popular Posts

It's not. Beddingfield is aiming for clicks and taps.

Put Corey Davis on the Chiefs, Rams, Falcons, Patriots, Saints, Packers, Chargers, or any other team that's not suffering from offensive woes right now and watch the guy make weekly trips to the highl

Another reason why I think beddinfield is an idiot 

Posted Images

31 minutes ago, tgo said:

I think Davis will still develop, but with all the question marks at receiver, we absolutely have to hedge this group with some legit talent this offseason. There is no way around it. 

Davis looks like a star WR when I see him. I'm not sure this makes sense but he moves like one, has the swagger, the body control, the aggressiveness, just not the numbers.

And as for Beddingfield he very well may not be a huge fan of Davis, he made it clear he preferred Jamal Adams. But there's also no doubt that he has a bit of animosity towards Robinson. It's human nature, he was here for what, 15 years? Then the new boss gives you walking papers? Of course you'd be ticked. But in fairness he said he wasn't that crazy about Davis even before this year. And also in fairness Jamal Adams probably is about as good a safety as Davis is a WR, probably a bit better. But WR is more important then SS. 

3 hours ago, CaliTitan3518 said:

I thought with the Shanahan back ground LaFleur would have an X WR with a massive target share but his scheme is looking more like Mcvay’s with spreading the ball around. Davis needs to be featured in an offense with a QB who isn’t afraid to just throw it to him.

Good point. The traditional version of this offense hammered the ball to the "X" WR. Kubiak never bothered to even get a decent #2, they just called tons of boot leg long balls to Andre Johnson. I definitely agree, Mariota just needs to give Davis some shots to go up & get the ball down the field.

10 minutes ago, NewsToTom said:

Beddingfield wasn't a fan at Davis at his draft position, and Davis hasn't done enough on the field to make him change his mind. I can take or leave the former statement, and the latter is difficult to dispute in my book.

Do you think Robinson focuses too much on need with his early picks? Obviously the whole "always draft BPA" theory makes no sense, of course need always factors into early picks. But I think you can argue that it factors in too much with Robinson so far.

2 hours ago, ctm said:

Beddingfield also said today that he had Wes Welker rated as an undrafted FA.

Well, considering Welker did go undrafted, that would imply everyone did. Or at least had him rated so lowly they didn't even spend a 6th or 7th on him.

I wouldn't blame him for stuff like that. But not even hitting once on a player at a certain position group when you're with the team for 14 years or whatever is troubling and makes me seriously question how much he actually knows about scouting WRs. If he were discussion an o-lineman, d-lineman, maybe even a corner you could take what he says more seriously..but at the WR position? Yeah..no.

Whatever Corey Davis is that drop the other day was inexcusable.  It's a catch that an NFL receiver has to make.  It was a basic throw, an easy catch.  If someone like Nick Williams had dropped that ball he'd be cut before the next game.

I have to say I am very disappointed thus far in Davis.  

And I think he absolutely has #1 receiver talent.

2 hours ago, Face said:

Rishard Matthews had no problem having by far his best 2 years with Marcus.

Mariota also turned Delanie Walker into a star. Delanie's been in the league for 13 years & almost half of his yardage is with the 3 years Mariota was his QB.

2017 Matthews   53 receptions    795 yards  15.2 pc   4 tds     Mariota  2017          3232 yards  15 tds 

2018  Davis           30                        395             12.2        1           Mariota                     1030 yards     3 tds    After seven games.

It is what it is.  

2 hours ago, Face said:

Rishard Matthews had no problem having by far his best 2 years with Marcus.

Mariota also turned Delanie Walker into a star. Delanie's been in the league for 13 years & almost half of his yardage is with the 3 years Mariota was his QB.

You missed the TR memo Face.

Marcus sucks.

6 hours ago, SleepingTitan said:

He annoys the piss out of me. Him & PK are perfect for each other. I wish those two would join up with Boclair, another imbecile. 

Why because the truth offends your cognitive bias?  Davis is a huge bust.  TN needs to dump his ass like the Raiders did with Cooper.  I called both of them WR busts and they are.........Sad for Mariota but he has NO weapons and the interior of his offensive line sucks.

In August i said they would be 6-10 and I think I was too generous.  

1 hour ago, scine09 said:

Whatever Corey Davis is that drop the other day was inexcusable.  It's a catch that an NFL receiver has to make.  It was a basic throw, an easy catch.  If someone like Nick Williams had dropped that ball he'd be cut before the next game.

I have to say I am very disappointed thus far in Davis.  

And I think he absolutely has #1 receiver talent.

Talent is useless without action  Production via action is all that matters.  Talent is cheaper than table salt. What separates the talented individual from the successful one is a lot of hard work.  He does not work at his craft enough and reprts are even his attitude sucks.  He does not get his head around on his route tree and he is unaware and has zero self-awareness.  This is not college, this is your job, your craft.  Without Walker, he should be getting 14 targets and he is SO BAD MM does not even look his way.  He is freaking pathetic and has been from day one.  I'd trade his ass now.  Oak was wise to dump Cooper.  

2 hours ago, Face said:

Davis looks like a star WR when I see him. I'm not sure this makes sense but he moves like one, has the swagger, the body control, the aggressiveness, just not the numbers.

And as for Beddingfield he very well may not be a huge fan of Davis, he made it clear he preferred Jamal Adams. But there's also no doubt that he has a bit of animosity towards Robinson. It's human nature, he was here for what, 15 years? Then the new boss gives you walking papers? Of course you'd be ticked. But in fairness he said he wasn't that crazy about Davis even before this year. And also in fairness Jamal Adams probably is about as good a safety as Davis is a WR, probably a bit better. But WR is more important then SS. 

Jesus you're blind.  Adams is a star already in NY.  Davis is a panhandler.