NBA Talk

CaliTitan3518

19 hours ago, rns90 said:

at this point.

He's been that way for a while.... It hasn't been some secret that he's on par (better) with Ray Allen and Reggie Miller in terms of deep shooting ability while still being not just a role player like other 3 pt stars. 

The amount of 3s taken on average throughout the league has basically tripled since those guys so volume will never be an issue on breaking records.

• Replies 474
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Top Posters In This Topic

Popular Posts

Or you're just that annoying and have wayyyyy too many conversations with yourself where they don't want to wade through the trash.... I have you on ignore because you're annoying as fuck when you go

You truly try to live up to the name Simple Jake, right?

It was for George and Kawhi though

Posted Images

5 hours ago, wiscotitansfan said:

He's been that way for a while.... It hasn't been some secret that he's on par (better) with Ray Allen and Reggie Miller in terms of deep shooting ability while still being not just a role player like other 3 pt stars. 

The amount of 3s taken on average throughout the league has basically tripled since those guys so volume will never be an issue on breaking records.

Most 3pt stars didn't have the ability to do it off the dribble like Curry does. Thats really what separates him from the great shooters. 

18 minutes ago, CaliTitan3518 said:

Most 3pt stars didn't have the ability to do it off the dribble like Curry does. Thats really what separates him from the great shooters. 

I guess that’s a lot of what I didn’t realize was one of the bigger thing that separates these actual stars with role players like Korver

3 hours ago, CaliTitan3518 said:

Well that and he doesn't depend on the refs and the FT line like some obviously do (cough...Harden).

It must suck to be a Twolves fan though...they needed a PG and passed on Curry twice to take Jonny Flynn and Rubio.  That's like Sam Bowie over Jordan bad.  Or Darko Milicic over Anthony, Wade etc...

Edited by rns90

1 hour ago, headhunter said:

This season sucks. It's whoever is the healthiest at the end of the year. These guys miss so many game, and miss games for rest. Bunch of pussies. 

Missing games for rest is the dumbest thing ever to complain about. When was the last time some baseball team played their aces too much and burnt them out to be useless in the playoffs? Rarely ever because people understand how important a good rotation where players are given enough rest is.

And before I hear that they are completely different scenarios, fuck that. They are both predicated on the team doing what is best for it's playoff run and not getting too many reps in for a player. Fuck catering to fans. My coworker was bitching about what if he was taking his kids to a game and Harden wasn't playing because of rest. So fucking what. If someone was a Randy Johnson fan, so fucking what if he's not pitching that day. The coach doesn't owe the fans shit in terms of roster management.

10 minutes ago, wiscotitansfan said:

Missing games for rest is the dumbest thing ever to complain about. When was the last time some baseball team played their aces too much and burnt them out to be useless in the playoffs? Rarely ever because people understand how important a good rotation where players are given enough rest is.

And before I hear that they are completely different scenarios, fuck that. They are both predicated on the team doing what is best for it's playoff run and not getting too many reps in for a player. Fuck catering to fans. My coworker was bitching about what if he was taking his kids to a game and Harden wasn't playing because of rest. So fucking what. If someone was a Randy Johnson fan, so fucking what if he's not pitching that day. The coach doesn't owe the fans shit in terms of roster management.

The players are still pussies

8 hours ago, wiscotitansfan said:

Yeah.  I read something  years ago where NBA players more or less are just trying to get through those back to back games without injury, at least in the regular season.  I think they seemed to imply that they kind of half assed it through those games since most players are kinda tired from the travel (lack of sleep etc).  Remember the one article years ago where Jason Taylor went through his entire routine with the painkillers, rest etc?  This is very similar.

So yeah, if they want more rest because some of these (regular season) games are kind of useless.  I have no issue with it.

On 4/24/2021 at 8:58 AM, headhunter said:

This season sucks. It's whoever is the healthiest at the end of the year. These guys miss so many game, and miss games for rest.

That's the excuse Lakers fans will be using in a few weeks when their team gets knocked out of the playoffs. They have been terrible over the last two and a half months going 15-19 since the initial injury. So many of the fans in LA are living in a dreamland insisting that their team will be just fine even as a 5th or 6th seed and will waltz to another championship. But the truth is only one team in NBA history has ever won a championship as a 5th seeded team or lower, the 1995 Houston Rockets. The 2021 Lakers are not the 1995 Rockets by any stretch of the imagination. :rolleyes: