Davis

McGee

Caruso/Cook

KCP

Dudley

Kuzma

Cousins

What's wrong with that squad?

And I was wrong about the cap because I forgot about KCPs deal. 

Think they have about 5 million or so now. 

Who’s your best shooter? Lebron? Danny Green?!?!? That squad is smoked on the outside game. 

5 minutes ago, Downtown said:

Who’s your best shooter? Lebron? Danny Green?!?!? That squad is smoked on the outside game. 

Green did shoot 45% from three....

LBJ 35%

Boogie career is 33%

Daniels shoot 38% and 40% the year before

Kuzma shot 36% his rookie year

KCP shot 35%

And there is still the potential of adding Korver and or Iggy. 

What of that seems terrible?

Side note....

🤔

That tweet was after the Cousins signing....Morris would be a hell of an addition....

Edited by JakePA_Titan

Downtown   

Leonard has an effect that changes the whole floor. He actually makes teams better. He’s done it with the Spurs and raised the stakes with the Raptors. Clippers are definitely the favorites out of the West with Warriors and Rockets being wild cards as to how elite their stars can play. Utah might be the Denver of this season while I think Denver has a regular season let down from last year. 

The East is a Philly/Milwaukee showdown with some interesting developments to come out of Brooklyn.  

Hope KL and PG like to rebound. They have no one that can grab boards. Harrell is their best big and he averaged 6 boards last year. 

They might have a solid D but they may also give up quite a few offensive rebounds. 

rns90   
2 hours ago, JakePA_Titan said:

Green did shoot 45% from three....

LBJ 35%

Boogie career is 33%

Daniels shoot 38% and 40% the year before

Kuzma shot 36% his rookie year

KCP shot 35%

And there is still the potential of adding Korver and or Iggy. 

What of that seems terrible?

Side note....

🤔

That tweet was after the Cousins signing....Morris would be a hell of an addition....

Morris signed with the Spurs.  Russell Westbrook is probably on the trade block now.  It makes sense since they traded George.

Edited by rns90

On 7/6/2019 at 5:07 PM, rns90 said:

Morris signed with the Spurs.  Russell Westbrook is probably on the trade block now.  It makes sense since they traded George.

Wonder where he fits. OKC May be hard pressed to find someone who wants him. 

Hes is a great player, but his shooting is meh, his 3 is bad, defense is below average most nights - though he can have spurts. His free throw percentage is historically bad for a PG and it’s gone down by like 15-20% in the last two seasons.

He will also be 31 in 4 months. Has a huge contract, seems to be a caustic player to a degree, and much of his game is based on athleticism alone, which means he may not age gracefully like LeBron, pre-devastating injury Kobe, and others.

On a positive note, he is one of the most emotional and competitive guys in the league.

I see him needing to go to a team that has some shooters but no great PG. Or maybe a Milwaukee, Minnesota, Miami, Detroit, or Toronto. Or just ship him to the Knicks to run with RJ.

Either way, I don’t think they’ll get for him what they got for George. However, the time has probably come to finally send off the last piece of those great Thunder teams. Like the Grizzlies (though with more success), they got close, and we’re good for a good amount of time, but it’s time to reset. Similar to how there was no point in keeping Gasol/Conley for a long rebuild, there is no need to have an old Westbrook running point in 3-4 years from now when they are done rebuilding.

Get him and Steven Adams to some new places, bring in a bunch of assets, and hit reset. 

Edited by TitansFan777

52O   
On 7/6/2019 at 12:27 PM, JakePA_Titan said:

Hope KL and PG like to rebound. They have no one that can grab boards. Harrell is their best big and he averaged 6 boards last year. 

They might have a solid D but they may also give up quite a few offensive rebounds. 

Board man gets paid 

rns90   
38 minutes ago, TitansFan777 said:

Wonder where he fits. OKC May be hard pressed to find someone who wants him. 

Hes is a great player, but his shooting is meh, his 3 is bad, defense is below average most nights - though he can have spurts. His free throw percentage is historically bad for a PG and it’s gone down by like 15-20% in the last two seasons.

He will also be 31 in 4 months. Has a huge contract, seems to be a caustic player to a degree, and much of his game is based on athleticism alone, which means he may not age gracefully like LeBron, pre-devastating injury Kobe, and others.

On a positive note, he is one of the most emotional and competitive guys in the league.

I see him needing to go to a team that has some shooters but no great PG. Or maybe a Milwaukee, Minnesota, Miami, Detroit, or Toronto. Or just ship him to the Knicks to run with RJ.

Either way, I don’t think they’ll get for him what they got for George. However, the time has probably come to finally send off the last piece of those great Thunder teams. Like the Grizzlies (though with more success), they got close, and we’re good for a good amount of time, but it’s time to reset. Similar to how there was no point in keeping Gasol/Conley for a long rebuild, there is no need to have an old Westbrook running point in 3-4 years from now when they are done rebuilding.

Get him and Steven Adams to some new places, bring in a bunch of assets, and hit reset. 

His contract calls for him to be paid something like 47 million (yearly salary) in like 2-3 years I think.  He'd be best on a contender I guess.  There are a few teams that  fit:  MIA, DET, HOU (probably ship out Chris Paul), SA.  There are probably others who would be interested just because he's a name.

OKC almost has to hit the reset button at this point.  They started with trading George and I can't see them just going halfway with this.

I dont think OKC wants to trade him. I think they pride themselves on remaining loyal to their players (and fans) and have committed to making RW the face of their franchise. With that being said if he asks for a trade I'm sure they will try and accommodate. 

On 7/6/2019 at 6:27 PM, CaliTitan3518 said:

Lakers grabbing all the warriors scraps 

🙄

On 7/2/2019 at 11:38 AM, headhunter said:

I like the Rockets but Oiler Fanatic is just setting himself up for disappointment. 

You're probably right. They already missed out on Butler and they're considered a long shot to get the great Russell Westbrick.

And now they're a miserable 0-2 in the summer league, which we all know how important that is to win. Woe for my poor Rockets....:sad:

On 7/6/2019 at 2:15 AM, Bink said:

I 100% believe there is no way Iggy ends up with the Rockets IF he is bought out. His relationship with Pelinka is too strong (former agent)...however if they are willing to trade for him that is a different story.

That's the real question here, but I doubt that anyone will be desperate enough to trade assets to get Iggy with his $17M price tag.

The Rockets could trade Eric Gordon, but it seems unlikely they would be willing to do that. It's basically trading offense for defense.

On 7/6/2019 at 8:30 AM, JakePA_Titan said:

They are once again going to change the NBA AS game. The Pacific Division vs everyone else 😂

Outside of the Clippers and Lakers, what are the other good teams in the Pacific Division? Is Phoenix any better? Not really.

Sacramento might make the playoffs, but is anyone afraid of the Kings? Hell no. And the Warriors are going to be far worse now.

The only two teams in that division that should be locks to make the playoffs are both in LA. How is that division so great then?

Is the Pacific that much better than the NW or the SW Divisions? Maybe a little bit, but you act like there are 4 or 5 contenders there. :rolleyes:

On 7/6/2019 at 1:48 PM, JakePA_Titan said:

Think they have about 5 million or so now.

All they have left is less than $2.2M of their $4.8M room exception, they already used $2.6M of it re-signing Alex Caruso.

They used all the Kawhi money on Green, KCP, McGee, Cousins, and Cook. Of course they'd trade all 5 of them for Kawhi if they could.

Edited by Oiler FANatic

On 7/6/2019 at 5:27 PM, CaliTitan3518 said:

Lakers grabbing all the warriors scraps 

They seem to think that the combination of Boogie and The Brow worked so well in New Orleans that it will work well for them too! :unsure: