Sign in to follow this  
CaliTitan3518

NBA Talk

1 hour ago, headhunter said:

Nobody is gonna trade a superstar to LA probably ever again. 

A team from the Eastern conference (depending on its GM/owner) would if they got fair compensation. 

No one in the west wants to, obviously. Had the Pacers not been offered Oladipo and Sabonis, 5hey might have traded PG to us. But I dont think the EC teams really feel that way much. 

14 hours ago, JakePA_Titan said:

Why's that? You've never been really high on any of our players. You scoffed at me for believing Ball will be Kidd like. Even though Tmac thinks so as well. But I'm sure that means nothing. And his ceiling is the highest.

There are also others, such as Tmac, who think that offer is weak compared to what they'll get. And I can't wait to see their faces come this summer. 

Show me where I "hated" on your players (your favorite fucking word in the english language, I know you didn't use it in that post)? You are so fucking obnoxious talking to because you only see shit in black and white. The fact that I think you guys have more talent than is worth getting rid of for a superstar is all you need to know how I view your talent pool. As for scoffing at the Kidd comparison, yeah I did that because you kept saying they are pretty much the same player. Just because I pointed out how ridiculous it is that you expect your boy to play to the level of a Hall of Famer isn't saying that I think he's garbage, I just said that it's ridiculously premature.

Me not being super high on the Lakers as you isn't thinking your players are shit. Literally from the get go, I said that Lonzo should be the pick and he will be a good player. His dad was the problem I had with him.

Would you have the same thought if he was paired with KD or KL instead? Sure right?

Yes, I would have thought the exact same thing with KL and GMs should really do their homework on how he fits, the fact that KD is much more perimeter based is why I think he would be a perfect plug and play guy for pretty much any team. Any guy who really makes his money not on the perimeter requires more thought in seeing how well their style would fit with the team they would go to.

Edited by wiscotitansfan

But that's my whole point. So if youd still see AD as elite, and also see them as title contenders going forward, what is the point of questioning anything about the pairing? 

The point is questioning how much value you get from AD and his "diminished" role plays has massive bearing on how much I would offer a team for AD.

The fact that I think 2 superstars and a bunch of shit could be title contenders the next few years isn't remotely close to me thinking that it's the smart move. I also think they are title contenders for a much longer period by not giving away every single piece of value they have not named Lebron.

I said from the start that the Lakers are locks for playoffs and likely a decent seed when Lebron was expected to go to LA, of course I'd think that those same pieces getting better together would be in the conversation of a title.

8 minutes ago, wiscotitansfan said:

Show me where I "hated" on your players?

I'm not doing that work. You talked shit on DeAngelo, Randle, Ingram, Ball.....a lot. 

You are so fucking obnoxious talking to because you only see shit in black and white.

Not really. That's how you like to think thoug hi so keep at it. 

The fact that I think you guys have more talent than is worth getting rid of for a superstar is all you need to know how I view your talent pool.

We agree none qill be on ADs level right? So if we got AD, exactly how much of that talent do you think we'd actually be able to keep? 

As for scoffing at the Kidd comparison, yeah I did that because you kept saying they are pretty much the same player.

And I'm not the only one. Their games are very si mj ilar. If you cant see that, that's on you. 

Just because I pointed out how ridiculous it is that you expect your boy to play to the level of a Hall of Famer isn't saying that I think he's garbage, I just said that it's ridiculously premature.

So you have never compared a rookie or even prospects skill, style of play, to that of a veteran, All star, or HOFer? Never? 

Me not being super high on the Lakers as you isn't thinking your players are shit. Literally from the get go, I said that Lonzo should be the pick and he will be a good player. His dad was the problem I had with him.

Lmao. Wow. Never once did I said you needed to be high on them or that you thought they were shit. I simply said Lonzo has the potential to be J Kidd like and that I think he will be that. You acted as if I was already saying he is a HOF. You scoffed at me as if Lonzo doesnt have that potential. That's where the distinction is. I think he has the potential to be Kidd, you dobt so you laughed at me for even thinking its possible. 

You scoffed at me over it based on his rookie year. Yet you have the nerve to say Om being premature by saying "he has that potentiL". Good lord. Talk about being retarded. No wonder you use that word so much. You relate big time.

Yes, I would have thought the exact same thing with KL and GMs should really do their homework on how he fits, the fact that KD is much more perimeter based is why I think he would be a perfect plug and play guy for pretty much any team.

More perimeter based than who?

LBJ takes 5.7 threes and game and shoots 36%

Durant takes 5 threes a game and shoots 37%

So, come again?

Any guy who really makes his money not on the perimeter requires more thought in seeing how well their style would fit with the team they would go to.

So LBJ, plays on the perimeter a lot himself. He is also a better passer and sets his teammates up better than KD. More assists than KD. 

But you think KD his style would fit AD better. And question if AD would be maximized with LBJ. Lmao. Unreal. 

38 minutes ago, JakePA_Titan said:

LBJ takes 5.7 threes and game and shoots 36%

Durant takes 5 threes a game and shoots 37%

So, come again?

So LBJ, plays on the perimeter a lot himself. He is also a better passer and sets his teammates up better than KD. More assists than KD. 

But you think KD his style would fit AD better. And question if AD would be maximized with LBJ. Lmao. Unreal. 

More perimeter than KL.

Ive already said that it doesn't matter for Lebron who he plays with because he can do everything. How dumb are you? I've said time and time and time and time and time and time and time and time and time again how it's the guys who's game isn't predicated on the perimeter that you need to evaluate more than someone like KD.

It's the other guys that you'd be adding to play 2nd fiddle who a GM would need to do their homework on if they would fit.

I used Giannis and AD as an example because all a defense would need to do would be make sure neither get inside and you don't really need to play extraordinary D to limit them. KD is a perfect plug and play superstar who'd be switching teams because he has to draw defensive attention to him no matter where he's standing on the court, the same can't be said about everyone.

46 minutes ago, JakePA_Titan said:

I'm not doing that work. You talked shit on DeAngelo, Randle, Ingram, Ball.....a lot. 

Again find it, it wouldn't be that difficult if it was so much. I have literally never shat on any of those single players, literally not once.

It's hilarious how hard you try.

2 minutes ago, wiscotitansfan said:

More perimeter than KL.

Ive already said that it doesn't matter for Lebron who he plays with because he can do everything. How dumb are you? I've said time and time and time and time and time and time and time and time and time again how it's the guys who's game isn't predicated on the perimeter that you need to evaluate more than someone like KD.

It's the other guys that you'd be adding to play 2nd fiddle who a GM would need to do their homework on if they would fit.

I used Giannis and AD as an example because all a defense would need to do would be make sure neither get inside and you don't really need to play extraordinary D to limit them. KD is a perfect plug and play superstar who'd be switching teams because he has to draw defensive attention to him no matter where he's standing on the court, the same can't be said about everyone.

Kawhi also shoots 5 threes a game and shoots 37%, just like KD. 

So how much do you really think ADs role qould diminish in LA? You really think enough to actually be worried about it and ask the question?

Get real. 

2 minutes ago, JakePA_Titan said:

Kawhi also shoots 5 threes a game and shoots 37%, just like KD. 

So how much do you really think ADs role qould diminish in LA? You really think enough to actually be worried about it and ask the question?

Get real. 

I never fucking asked the question, I just said that it's not ridiculous to consider how much less a player would produce when he has to work alongside someone and possibly alter his play style a bit.

If AD were to go to a squad where he would be the de facto #1 he would have much more value to them than if he were to go to the Lakers... And yet, the Lakers would have to still pay the same price.

I don't get why you are being such a bitch about this, I never even said anything bad about the Lakers.

https://nesn.com/2019/02/bucks-owners-comments-about-anthony-davis-probably-warrant-nba-tampering-fine/

“It doesn’t make a difference if you’re in Milwaukee, New York or LA. The whole goal is winning. So we hope it would be players like Anthony Davis and others who want to come to Milwaukee.”

If anyone should know about tampering, it’s the Bucks. Their star player, Giannis Antetokounmpo, was the object of praise from Lakers president Magic Johnson, who was fined $50,000 last Junefor publicly praising Antetokounmpo and saying he’d one day bring the Bucks a title

Wonder if the NBA world will get up in arms about this....

2 hours ago, JakePA_Titan said:

Jalen Rose and Stephen A both think LA makes WCF granted they dont play GS prior.

Who disagrees?

Nope.  Their defense is not good enough.

4 hours ago, Little Earl said:

Nope.  Their defense is not good enough.

We're in the top 12 in defensive rating and efficiency. And that's coming off a bad month with a lot of injuries. 

Only the Jazz, Thunder, and Trailblazers rate better than us defensively out of the west. Not the Warriors, Rockets, Nuggets, Spurs, or the Clippers. 

Our biggest defensive problem is our terrible turnovers that lead to easy buckets. Our D is pretty sound. 

Edited by JakePA_Titan

Downtown   

Philly is gonna make it interesring against the Bucks. Still think Bucks are playing like a great team right now. East suddenly isn’t so far behind the West. 

At this point I would put more money on LA missing the playoffs altogether than making it past the first round.