Sign in to follow this  
CaliTitan3518

NBA Talk

It has nothing to do with needing to share the ball and having a whiny bitch, it has to do with how defenses are able to play both them on the court together.

Again, it's not lunacy at all to greatly consider how AD's impact would have on the other stars talents around him. LBJ is too good for it to matter because he is such a complete player, but it's not crazy to ask how much LBJs talent would diminish what AD would bring to the team especially factoring in all the other starters you need to get rid of to acquire him.

Really no need to even respond to any of that. 

I hope in a year or two yall will get your answer so I can watch yall laugh at yourselves for even thinking of it being a worthy question. 

5 hours ago, wiscotitansfan said:

I've said it multiple times, I don't want the Bucks to trade for AD solely because I think we are a better TEAM with Giannis and bunch of solid pieces compared to two guys who I don't think compliment each others talents and then a bunch of shit besides those 2 players.

This is exactly why I don’t mind if KD goes somewhere else. The warriors were a legit great team without him. Of course with him they are great as well but it’s based more on being super talented and near impossible to beat in a 7 game series. The pre KD warriors were a far better executed team then now. The ball movement and offense was truly special to watch. To see a primarily home grown team develop into that was awesome. 

No one said they can't play together dumbass, the comment was made about if ADs play can be maximized playing with Lebron.

Jake. Who here in this thread said that both of them wouldn't still be elite players even if they shared the same court.

It truly is unfathomable how someone can be so retarded

1 hour ago, wiscotitansfan said:

No one said they can't play together dumbass, the comment was made about if ADs play can be maximized playing with Lebron.

Jake. Who here in this thread said that both of them wouldn't still be elite players even if they shared the same court.

It truly is unfathomable how someone can be so retarded

Ok, you know what.

You already said AD would still be elite. 

So answer this. Do you think LBJ and AD, plus what LA would potentially surround them with would be legitimate title contenders?

Takeaways from the trades.

1. Toronto is now my favorite out of the East. Acquiring Gasol puts them ahead of the rest even after the acquisitions others made. 

2. Lakers will ultimately sign one of LBJs butt buddies.

3. Fultz got more going on than the injury. Or it's an injury that philly thinks will never get right. 

4. LAC has basically conceded its season in hopes for a FA spending frenzy this summer. Also think with Kristaps not returning this year, DAL lost too much to compete for a playoff spot. Therefore it looks like it will come down to LAL or the Kings as one of the 8. 

5. On paper, really like what MIL and PHI did with their additions. But I think TOR upgrading the C position, positions them well for the playoffs. 

6. Really surprised MIA didnt do more than they did. 

7. OF is seeing all of the players he thought was good depth traded away. Good thing HOU kept tinkering with their roster. They really needed to. Cant believe OF actually thought the depth was good to start the year. 

1 hour ago, JakePA_Titan said:

Ok, you know what.

You already said AD would still be elite. 

So answer this. Do you think LBJ and AD, plus what LA would potentially surround them with would be legitimate title contenders?

Title contenders? Probably not but that's just because I think GS is that good in a best of 7. They'd obviously be in the conversation but I sure as hell wouldn't put money on LA in that scenario.But I also think they would build a much better franchise by not giving away every resource.

I'd rather have what would be 1 all-world player and a lot of pieces to build around him compared to only 2 elite players and nothing else.

Of course I said AD would still be elite, he's that good.... Doesn't mean his value wouldn't be diminished a little by playing next to someone so good. I am honestly confused by what you are having an issue with Cali or I are saying.

I've already said it time and time again, I don't think Giannis and AD would compliment each other very well and it would just be sort of 2 elite individuals that would have to get chemistry down to not step on each other's toes to take advantage of all that talent. I think teams could too easily just focus on making sure either of them don't get inside compared to making sure you double or force slides to help quicker.. 

Lebron is simply too good for defenses to play that way where I don't think it takes anything away from him by adding another superstar (who would be the one need to adjust more). I already said that it wouldn't be an issue in LA but a GM would be fucking retarded to not look into how stars of this caliber compliment each other's play style on the court. Even if you have a bunch of selfless superstars on the court you still have to take into account each players strengths and weaknesses.

Any team trading for AD is paying the price of the guy who takes games over as "the man" of the team, asking how much he would need to adjust his game when playing complimentary to someone isn't a ridiculous question because you're still paying the price of a guy who's taking over games himself.

None of that has to do with questioning if he can play alongside side someone, it's just asking how much of his maximum potential are you losing by him having the #2 role

19 minutes ago, wiscotitansfan said:

Title contenders? Probably not but that's just because I think GS is that good in a best of 7. They'd obviously be in the conversation but I sure as hell wouldn't put money on LA in that scenario.But I also think they would build a much better franchise by not giving away every resource.

Not talking about this year. Talking about next year and beyond when GS is losing at least two of their current 5  

15 minutes ago, wiscotitansfan said:

Any team trading for AD is paying the price of the guy who takes games over as "the man" of the team, asking how much he would need to adjust his game when playing complimentary to someone isn't a ridiculous question because you're still paying the price of a guy who's taking over games himself.

None of that has to do with questioning if he can play alongside side someone, it's just asking how much of his maximum potential are you losing by him having the #2 role

They have shown their hand. They are committing to trying to get 3 max players. 

In order to accomplish that they would have had to give up most of these players at some point anyway. So given the FA class seems to be stacked, they figured they'd try and assure themselves AD by giving them up in one deal. 

I didnt like it either. But in order to accomplish their goal, it's mostly necessary.

25 minutes ago, JakePA_Titan said:

Not talking about this year. Talking about next year and beyond when GS is losing at least two of their current 5  

For sure, which is why I don't see a point in selling the farm for a guy, especially when you already have your #1. Not even 1A and Davis would be a 1B imo, it would be a scenario of a 1 and 2 (even though the cost of Davis would have been a #1 and then some). Just because he would have to play 2nd fiddle to Lebron doesn't remotely mean he is a 2nd rate player, or that anyone is rating him as such.

24 minutes ago, JakePA_Titan said:

they figured they'd try and assure themselves AD by giving them up in one deal. 

I didnt like it either. But in order to accomplish their goal, it's mostly necessary.

It still blows my mind how much was even on the table at one point

53 minutes ago, wiscotitansfan said:

For sure, which is why I don't see a point in selling the farm for a guy, especially when you already have your #1. Not even 1A and Davis would be a 1B imo, it would be a scenario of a 1 and 2 (even though the cost of Davis would have been a #1 and then some). Just because he would have to play 2nd fiddle to Lebron doesn't remotely mean he is a 2nd rate player, or that anyone is rating him as such.

But that's my whole point. So if youd still see AD as elite, and also see them as title contenders going forward, what is the point of questioning anything about the pairing? 

Would you have the same thought if he was paired with KD or KL instead? Sure right?

So at that point, it seems like a common sense situation. So there is absolutely no reason to raise that suspicion unless you feel this pairing is at a greater risk than most. I'm sure yall dint feel that way. Therefore, talking about it to begin with is again, absurd. 

53 minutes ago, wiscotitansfan said:

It still blows my mind how much was even on the table at one point

Why's that? You've never been really high on any of our players. You scoffed at me for believing Ball will be Kidd like. Even though Tmac thinks so as well. But I'm sure that means nothing. And his ceiling is the highest.

There are also others, such as Tmac, who think that offer is weak compared to what they'll get. And I can't wait to see their faces come this summer. 

On 1/5/2019 at 10:28 PM, JakePA_Titan said:

Cool, talk to me in April. Yall already made your moves to get your mess somewhat fixed. Ours is coming. 

Is LA's fix coming? How did that trade for AD work out? Not so good? The Rockets have added Austin Rivers, Kenneth Faried, and Iman Shumpert.

What have the Lakers done (besides getting rid of Beasley)? They got Reggie Bullock and Mike Muscala, wow. And they lost Zubac too. Oh well.

But they are expected to make another huge signing in the buyout market, right? And you know what that means. Here comes Melo to LA! :cool:

Edited by Oiler FANatic

52 minutes ago, Oiler FANatic said:

Is LA's fix coming?

Their fix is simply getting healthy. Dont forget we were sitting 4th before all of our injuries. We'll get back. 

How did that trade for AD work out? Not so good?

Real good actually. We didn't go bankrupt and NO best suitor is a team AD doesn't want to sign long term with. It being put on pause doesnt make it bad thing. 

The Rockets have added Austin Rivers, Kenneth Faried, and Iman Shumpert.

And still only 4.5 games up on a Lakers team that been without their best player plus others. That's not much at all. 4 after Saturday.

What have the Lakers done (besides getting rid of Beasley)? They got Reggie Bullock and Mike Muscala, wow. And they lost Zubac too. Oh well.

We needed shooters. Bullock and Muscala are both capable of hitting at a good clip. I'd say we did something we needed to, improve our 3 pt shooting. You're actually trying to throw shade on this? You're pathetic. Have any basketball sense? 

But they are expected to make another huge signing in the buyout market, right? And you know what that means. Here comes Melo to LA! :cool:

Maybe. Idk how the fuck you have room to talk. You thought he was going to be great in HOU. "Ahh man hes agreed to come off the bench, only for HOU cuz we're special, uh dur dur. Hes going to give us 18 off the bench easy, uh dur dur "....As you did about Brandon Knight, and Marquesse Chriss.....and James Ennis. 

How's the second best Chinese player next to Yao coming along? Does Jeremy Lin even know his name?

Are yall going to win it all this year? No. Go run to another thread and bring up something that's a month old now....