Sign in to follow this  
CaliTitan3518

NBA Talk

@Little Earl, @wiscotitansfan, @rns90

It was either one or multiple of you that said the Lakers were the only team of the young ones, meaning PHI, BOS, LAL that needed to add a premier FA to actually have a chance at winning a title. 

Let's be honest, that wasn't the case. They all needed to add a superstar. PHI obviously knew that. Otherwise why make the trade?

But the question is, was it a good one for the overall well being of the team? 

17 hours ago, JakePA_Titan said:

It was either one or multiple of you that said the Lakers were the only team of the young ones, meaning PHI, BOS, LAL that needed to add a premier FA to actually have a chance at winning a title. 

Let's be honest, that wasn't the case. They all needed to add a superstar. PHI obviously knew that. Otherwise why make the trade?

Of course everyone needs to add a susperstar to compete with GSW, I never denied that for one second. I sure as fuck did not say that LA was the only young team that needed that... My problem was pretty much the past 2 years have only been about you talking about the distant future with all these hypotheticals and speaking of them as fact. HoustonFan or whatever his name is is the only one that is blind enough to think that LA would have problems bringing in talent. My only concern was Ball's dad getting in the way of that but a guy like Lebron is wayyyyyy too big of a name for him to have any relevance to that process.

It gets to be quite obnoxious, having this forum littered with Lakers talk and majority of it was future hypotheticals

4 hours ago, wiscotitansfan said:

Of course everyone needs to add a susperstar to compete with GSW, I never denied that for one second. I sure as fuck did not say that LA was the only young team that needed that... My problem was pretty much the past 2 years have only been about you talking about the distant future with all these hypotheticals and speaking of them as fact. HoustonFan or whatever his name is is the only one that is blind enough to think that LA would have problems bringing in talent. My only concern was Ball's dad getting in the way of that but a guy like Lebron is wayyyyyy too big of a name for him to have any relevance to that process.

It gets to be quite obnoxious, having this forum littered with Lakers talk and majority of it was future hypotheticals

Well no one else has anything to say or offer. So why bitch about those who do?

In all honesty, without what me and OF have contributed over the past two years, this other sports forum almost ceases to exist. 

You'd have a few threads on the Preds and that's it. 

Also, what should we have talked about? How GSW was once again the runaway favorite. I'm sorry but just like the Patriots winning, it gets old. Only so much you can say in regards to that. 

You act like I didnt partake in discussions about PHI, HOU, or even the bucks with you. 

Also, I never talked about them as fact. Just how you took it. That's all ppl do around here, they spin what they see or hear so they can make a big deal out of something.

Bet my life on the fact you couldn't find anything I said before this past summer about us getting a star being factual. If I did, it was only in regar sa s to PG. But word from his camp was he was intent on going to LA. So how can you blame me?

Edited by JakePA_Titan

15 minutes ago, JakePA_Titan said:

Bet my life on the fact you couldn't find anything I said before this past summer about us getting a star being factual. If I did, it was only in regar sa s to PG. But word from his camp was he was intent on going to LA. So how can you blame me?

You still don't get linguistics and semantics, it's one of the reasons you're so abrasive... little things like having conversations about "when" LA signs a star this offseason and then elaborating on the next 2 years after that are very different than "if". It's little shit like that that adds up and becomes a nuisance, especially when you openly state that a lot of what you post is just to troll people or debate/argue with them.

I honestly have no problem with all the Lakers threads, its when you and OF bring that shit into every interaction in other threads that it becomes obnoxious and trolling.

18 minutes ago, JakePA_Titan said:

You act like I didnt partake in discussions about PHI, HOU, or even the bucks with you. 

I don't mind discussions with you most of the time about basketball and don't deny that you know a lot about the sport, but as I said... It's always just some pissing match with you and for some reason you act like literally everyone you ever interact is a "hater" and that everyone is out to get the Lakers. There are very few blind trolls here out to get LA like you want to believe besides OF and sometimes Earlers

32 minutes ago, wiscotitansfan said:

You still don't get linguistics and semantics, it's one of the reasons you're so abrasive... little things like having conversations about "when" LA signs a star this offseason and then elaborating on the next 2 years after that are very different than "if". It's little shit like that that adds up and becomes a nuisance, especially when you openly state that a lot of what you post is just to troll people or debate/argue with them.

So maybe you're more upset about the fact you WANT to think I was saying it as fact, and then it indeed happened?

You yourself just said you had no doubt they would attract stars. But you're mad at me for assuming they would as well? Lmao. God if that doesnt make you sound like a hypocritical bitch.

I honestly have no problem with all the Lakers threads, its when you and OF bring that shit into every interaction in other threads that it becomes obnoxious and trolling.

I dont, OF does. Just like little bitch ass lucky charms did. Do I respond, why wouldnt I? It's not my job to moderate. If that's your issue, you know who to talk to. 

I don't mind discussions with you most of the time about basketball and don't deny that you know a lot about the sport, but as I said... It's always just some pissing match with you and for some reason you act like literally everyone you ever interact is a "hater" and that everyone is out to get the Lakers. There are very few blind trolls here out to get LA like you want to believe besides OF and sometimes Earlers

You do realize everyone here that talks about LA talks about them in a manner of hate or dislike, right? 

Everyone on here at one point called Lonzo a bust cuz his jump shot. 

But they dont talk shit on Fultz or Simmons who are by far worse shooters.

Explain to me why that is? Its LA hate.

And before you try and pull some magic trick, they came here talking shit to me because of shit Lavar said. So they look for a Lakers fan to speak their mind. 

LA hate. Nothing more. 

Now we got LBJ. What did all of them have to say "still not winning a title with LBJ".

Laker hate. Nothing else. 

Edited by JakePA_Titan

8 hours ago, JakePA_Titan said:

So maybe you're more upset about the fact you WANT to think I was saying it as fact, and then it indeed happened?

You yourself just said you had no doubt they would attract stars. But you're mad at me for assuming they would as well? Lmao. God if that doesnt make you sound like a hypocritical bitch.

I dont, OF does. Just like little bitch ass lucky charms did. Do I respond, why wouldnt I? It's not my job to moderate. If that's your issue, you know who to talk to. 

You do realize everyone here that talks about LA talks about them in a manner of hate or dislike, right? 

Everyone on here at one point called Lonzo a bust cuz his jump shot. 

But they dont talk shit on Fultz or Simmons who are by far worse shooters.

Explain to me why that is? Its LA hate.

And before you try and pull some magic trick, they came here talking shit to me because of shit Lavar said. So they look for a Lakers fan to speak their mind. 

LA hate. Nothing more. 

Now we got LBJ. What did all of them have to say "still not winning a title with LBJ".

Laker hate. Nothing else. 

You really don't know what the word everyone means

8 hours ago, wiscotitansfan said:

You really don't know what the word everyone means

No, I dont understand why everyone wants to be so literal when it suits them and why they act like they never heard of "figure of speech".

15 minutes ago, JakePA_Titan said:

No, I dont understand why everyone wants to be so literal when it suits them and why they act like they never heard of "figure of speech".

It's not even close to a figure of speech when there are probably only 2 people on here that go out of there way to be a blind hater. I get that only like 3 people bother engaging with you but it's completely insane how you use everyone when that's not even remotely the case

Edited by wiscotitansfan

1 hour ago, wiscotitansfan said:

It's not even close to a figure of speech when there are probably only 2 people on here that go out of there way to be a blind hater. I get that only like 3 people bother engaging with you but it's completely insane how you use everyone when that's not even remotely the case

Saying everyone as a figure of speech when its 2 out of 3 is perfectly acceptable. 

OF, Rns, Earl, and even you at times...

That's 4 and at least 3 of four that do it on a consistent basis. Then add in ppl like Earlers, freakingeek and others that pop in here and there and spew the same anti Laker rhetoric when they feel like it. 

Figure of speech - a word or phrase used in a non literal sense for rhetorical or vivid effect.

So yea, it works. But ppl like you want to make it a literal comment just to be difficult. 

But again, ppl want to be literal for no other purpose just to take issue with and become defensive over it. Not my problem that ppl take exception to it when they should know that it wasn't meant in the literal sense. 

12 minutes ago, wiscotitansfan said:

Again. You're an idiot if you think that even majority of people here go out of their way to be a Laker hater

And you're an idiot if you think I'm including everyone on Titans Report and not just those that engage with me on the topic at hand. And those that do, I never said they go out of their way to put out the anti Laker rhetoric, but they do do it. Which makes them a ha 4t er because they arent talking shit on ppl who are much more deserving to have shit talked on them. 

The Lakers are like the Cowboys, Yankees, Patriots etc. Ppl will hate just because of the rich history. I'm used to it. Not complaining about it. Just saying that's how it is. And it shows in here.

12 minutes ago, JakePA_Titan said:

The Lakers are like the Cowboys, Yankees, Patriots etc. Ppl will hate just because of the rich history. I'm used to it. Not complaining about it. Just saying that's how it is. And it shows in here.

We've already gone over this, those that actually do hate on the Lakers (MUCH MUCH MUCH MUCCCCCCHHHHH less than you whine about), it's usually not because they're the Lakers... It's because you're such an obnoxious and awful human being and an even worse poster

Edited by wiscotitansfan