NBA Talk

CaliTitan3518

I’m pretty happy with the warriors so far. I don’t think we are a championship caliber team. We are really missing the #2 scorer in Klay. Wiseman has looked solid. Pascal looks really good coming off the bench. Draymonds presence has had a major impact on the lock room. He doesn’t need to go out and score points. He’s a leader that we need out there. If Wiggins and Oubre can step up on the scoring it would be huge for the warriors. 

at this point they are a little scrappy team that can go on runs and compete with anyone. They probably won’t be able to put together quality play for multiple series to really do any damage. The west is tough so making playoffs would be a pretty successful season in terms of growing the young roster around the vets we have. 

Edited by CaliTitan3518

• Replies 474
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Top Posters In This Topic

Popular Posts

Or you're just that annoying and have wayyyyy too many conversations with yourself where they don't want to wade through the trash.... I have you on ignore because you're annoying as fuck when you go

You truly try to live up to the name Simple Jake, right?

It was for George and Kawhi though

Posted Images

• 4 weeks later...
  • 1 month later...
  • 2 weeks later...

I am so glad that ESPN fired Paul Pierce, he was just terrible. Now if only they could find a way to get rid of Kendrick Perkins too.

And I agree that the Jazz definitely deserve to win a championship after coming up short so many times during the Malone/Stockton era.

On 1/20/2021 at 12:04 PM, SorryOF said:

When the dust settles GS won't be in the playoffs.

On 1/20/2021 at 9:10 PM, CaliTitan3518 said:

We will see. I think they get (in). There should be 5-6 teams fighting for the last couple spots. 

It's not looking good for the Warriors right now, especially after losing Wiseman for the year after he unwisely tried to dunk on KJ Martin. :unsure:

The Pelicans are just one game behind them for the #10 spot and will likely catch them before the end of the regular season. Poor Warriors.

It will be interesting to see how much further the Lakers drop in the standings, and they could easily end up in the play-in tournament.

Edited by Oiler FANatic

29 minutes ago, Oiler FANatic said:

I am so glad that ESPN fired Paul Pierce, he was just terrible. Now if only they could find a way to get rid of Kendrick Perkins too.

And I agree that the Jazz definitely deserve to win a championship after coming up short so many times during the Malone/Stockton era.

To be honest, ESPN seems to hire the worst guys for their NBA coverage.  I'm rooting for the Nuggets and the Sixers, Bucks.  I could also stomach the Clippers winning it as well.

25 minutes ago, Oiler FANatic said:

It's not looking good for the Warriors right now, especially after losing Wiseman for the year after he unwisely tried to dunk on KJ Martin. :unsure:

The Pelicans are just one game behind them for the #10 spot and will likely catch them before the end of the regular season. Poor Warriors.

It will be interesting to see how much further the Lakers drop in the standings, and they could easily end up in the play-in tournament.

I think the Warriors schedule is pretty easy down the stretch.  They should pass the Spurs who have the second toughest SOS (next to the Rockets).  If you're talking long term though, another year of Stephen Curry wasted though.  He doesn't have that many more great years before he tails off though.  They kind of have to go for it instead of rebuilding.

1 hour ago, rns90 said:

To be honest, ESPN seems to hire the worst guys for their NBA coverage.  I'm rooting for the Nuggets and the Sixers, Bucks.  I could also stomach the Clippers winning it as well.

I think the Warriors schedule is pretty easy down the stretch.  They should pass the Spurs who have the second toughest SOS (next to the Rockets).  If you're talking long term though, another year of Stephen Curry wasted though.  He doesn't have that many more great years before he tails off though.  They kind of have to go for it instead of rebuilding.

I don’t think you can say Warriors are looking to rebuild. They had a massive roster overhaul but other than last year they’ve looked to add players to contribute. They are also well over the luxury tax and are still continuing to spend. Losing Klay for a 2nd straight season really hurt them for having much of a shot at competing for anything more than making playoffs. Oubre was a desperation trade to try and stay in the playoff conversation. 

8 minutes ago, CaliTitan3518 said:

I don’t think you can say Warriors are looking to rebuild. They had a massive roster overhaul but other than last year they’ve looked to add players to contribute. They are also well over the luxury tax and are still continuing to spend. Losing Klay for a 2nd straight season really hurt them for having much of a shot at competing for anything more than making playoffs. Oubre was a desperation trade to try and stay in the playoff conversation. 

Moving forward, what exactly are they looking to do roster wise to contend/stay in contention?  Are they going to try to trade Wiggins/picks to get a star/borderline star player?  I forgot that they get Minnesota's first rounder if it falls outside the top 3.  Two picks in the top 15 in a strong draft is an awfully inticing trade package for a vet "star".

2 hours ago, rns90 said:

Moving forward, what exactly are they looking to do roster wise to contend/stay in contention?  Are they going to try to trade Wiggins/picks to get a star/borderline star player?  I forgot that they get Minnesota's first rounder if it falls outside the top 3.  Two picks in the top 15 in a strong draft is an awfully inticing trade package for a vet "star".

Curry is 33 and Klay is 31. Sure they are closer to the end but the plan is still clearly to ride those guys out. Wiseman is a freshly 20 year old center that is basically a straight out of high school prospect. At this point you would assume they are going to plan to develop him into a star. Oubre and Wiggins are a bit of unknowns as far as their futures. I could see then retaining Oubre but I think it’s going to be tough to convince him to be the 6th man once Klay comes back. 

Warriors are in a good spot to add more talent. They have the option to add some guys in the draft or trade with the talent they have and picks. Who knows which route they go. At the end of the day they have Curry and Klay still and they will always be in contention for a playoff spot with those guys. I wouldn’t ever call that a rebuild. 

We will see what happens with the rest of the season. They aren’t out of it. A playoff run is unlikely but a winning culture is something that is needed to keep attracting outside talent. 

So many analysts out there thought that the Heat won the Oladipo trade hands down, but now the winner of that trade is obviously Houston. Even if they choose not to keep Avery Bradley next season, the Rockets should be able to re-sign Kelly Olynyk to a reasonable contract this summer and will be able to swap the pick they get from Brooklyn in 2022 for Miami's first round pick in next year's draft which could be pretty decent.

The Draft is REALLY top heavy this year.  Some of these teams near the top of the draft order better hope that none of those lower level lotto teams win the lottery (or get into the top 4).  Apparently there's not that big of a difference between the players expected to go between 6-18.  But the top 5 guys (Cunningham, Suggs, Kuminaga, Green and Mobley) are a clear cut above the rest.