NBA Talk

CaliTitan3518

On 7/25/2019 at 5:29 PM, Oiler FANatic said:

No he's not the perfect fit here, Westbrick will still take a few bad shots every game. Despite that, he's a significant upgrade over Chris Paul.

HOU got the best player in the trade.  That kind of makes it a win there for them unless Westbrook gets injured or whatever.

• 1 month later...
  • Replies 474
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Top Posters In This Topic

Popular Posts

Or you're just that annoying and have wayyyyy too many conversations with yourself where they don't want to wade through the trash.... I have you on ignore because you're annoying as fuck when you go

You truly try to live up to the name Simple Jake, right?

It was for George and Kawhi though

Posted Images

On 7/19/2019 at 2:19 PM, Bink said:

Yeah maybe. I don't know if I posted it, but I will say now there is a definite chance the Rockets get him.

Still not sure Rockets are a great fit. Westbrook changes that some IMO.

The new contract recently signed by Nene gives the Rockets a unique trading piece to offer Memphis starting January 15th. Only $2.5M of his potential $10M salary this season will count against the Grizzlies salary cap once they get rid of him if/when they trade Iggy to the Rockets.

Nene has three different $2.5M incentives based on games played and team wins (at least 52), and going to a team like Memphis that has no chance of 52 wins will allow them to free up $7.5M in a trade involving Iggy and Nene. Houston just needs to add $3.8M in additional salaries to make the trade work.

The most likely candidate will be Danuel House with a $3.5M salary, then they can add some other player making the minimum without giving up a draft pick.

Edited by Oiler FANatic

27 minutes ago, Oiler FANatic said:

The new contract recently signed by Nene gives the Rockets a unique trading piece to offer Memphis starting January 15th. Only $2.5M of his potential $10M salary this season will count against the Grizzlies salary cap once they get rid of him if/when they trade Iggy to the Rockets.

Nene has three different $2.5M incentives based on games played and team wins (at least 52), and going to a team like Memphis that has no chance of 52 wins will allow them to free up $7.5M in a trade involving Iggy and Nene. Houston just needs to add $3.8M in additional salaries to make the trade work.

The most likely candidate will be Danuel House with a $3.5M salary, then they can add some other player making the minimum without giving up a draft pick.

They need length so bad. Read tkday Eric Gordan will start at SF this year. 

5 minutes ago, headhunter said:

They need length so bad. Read tkday Eric Gordan will start at SF this year. 

That really depends on how they line up. It would more likely be Westbrook and Gordon at the two guard spots.

Harden's really more like a point forward at 6'5", 220 than a guard. And he usually plays in the low-post on defense against PF's quite effectively.

And even with 6'6" PJ Tucker at PF, it's not all that much shorter than the Warriors' Death Lineup of KD, Green, Iggy, Klay, and Curry.

• 1 month later...
On 9/13/2019 at 6:27 PM, JakePA_Titan said:

Nene a trading piece ????

He would have been if the league hadn't disallowed the full value of his contract, but then it wouldn't have been fair to the rest of the NBA if the Rockets had added a player like Robert Covington to their lineup. But they'll just have to make do with their two MVP's for now.

After starting 11-14 last season, when everyone wrote them off, they still managed to win 53 games after going 42-15 the rest of the way.

If the Warriors are lucky enough to be at 11-14 six weeks from now, there's still no way they are going to win anything close to 53 games this season.

It won't even take that long for everyone to write them off with Curry likely to miss the next 6 weeks with a broken hand. Sitting at 1-3, there's a good chance the Warriors will no better than 8-17 by then while deciding where they want to send D'Angelo Russell in a trade.

• 7 months later...
On 10/31/2019 at 10:29 PM, Oiler FANatic said:

If the Warriors are lucky enough to be at 11-14 six weeks from now, there's still no way they are going to win anything close to 53 games this season.

It won't even take that long for everyone to write them off with Curry likely to miss the next 6 weeks with a broken hand. Sitting at 1-3, there's a good chance the Warriors will no better than 8-17 by then while deciding where they want to send D'Angelo Russell in a trade.

Was I right about how bad the Warriors were going to be or what? I said they'd be no better than 8-17 when in fact they started just 5-20.

Their "new and improved" Big 4 will make $130M next season (with a $115M cap and a $139M luxury tax threshold) so what will their bench be?

They could choose to go way into luxury tax purgatory and get another $17M vet with the trade exception they got for Iggy and go all in. That's risky.

None of the top picks in the draft are anything close to being the next Zion so it looks like Curry, Klay, Green, and Wiggins will have to do almost everything.

• 5 months later...
On 12/17/2020 at 5:28 PM, wiscotitansfan said:

These Rockets stories that are coming out about Harden being coddled are just embarrassing, him wanting the fuck out is probably the first and only thing I will agree with Westbrook on

MDA, Morrey and Harden either left or are gonna leave. It's their new owner. He's a cheapskate and probably toxic to work for 

• 4 weeks later...

I hate saying it but Houston won that trade by a mile... It sucks for their fans that they had to get to that point but the trade itself is a huge win for HOU.

That being said, none of those guys will be as good as Harden but also none will be as toxic.

12 minutes ago, SorryOF said:

Couldnt disagree more. They didn't win that trade because they could have gotten more if they didn't back themselves into a corner. Should have traded him right after trading Westbrook. The picks could yield very little. If that happens they get Oladipo, Kurucs, and Exum? 

Imo CLE is the biggest winner in that trade. Also, its possible they gave up more by being unwilling to trade him to PHI. 

I'm talking about what the trade actually consisted of compared to some hypothetical. Of course they could have maximized what they got for Harden but he was on a path of destruction and didn't give one fuck about trade value. They got a helluva a lot more than they should have at that point and got the best deal out of all the teams involved imo.

Edited by wiscotitansfan

3 hours ago, wiscotitansfan said:

I'm talking about what the trade actually consisted of compared to some hypothetical. Of course they could have maximized what they got for Harden but he was on a path of destruction and didn't give one fuck about trade value. They got a helluva a lot more than they should have at that point and got the best deal out of all the teams involved imo.

Supposedly the PHI offer was Simmons/Thybulle and draft compensation.

5 minutes ago, rns90 said:

Supposedly the PHI offer was Simmons/Thybulle and draft compensation.

Yeah, it's weird why they didn't do what they could've to get more outta him (even if it meant trading him weeks ago) but out of all teams of the trade that actually happened. I'd gladly take the four 1sts over a guy who can't play well with others.

Edited by wiscotitansfan

8 minutes ago, wiscotitansfan said:

Yeah, it's weird why they didn't do what they could've to get more outta him (even if it meant trading him weeks ago) but out of all teams of the trade that actually happened. I'd gladly take the four 1sts over a guy who can't play well with others.

I think they made the right move because they took the long view in that one (or more) of these picks should give them a chance to acquire a superstar.  It might be years from now.  I just have no idea what you would get back for Simmons, maybe you'd get another flawed star with a high salary.