NBA Talk

CaliTitan3518

1 hour ago, Oiler FANatic said:

The Lakers moving up from #11 to #4 in the lottery isn't nearly as significant as Memphis and New Orleans moving from #8 to #2 or #7 to #1.

Lakers landing #4 is way more significant because NO is about to lose their best player and Memphis is an average team. They have nothing else working for them. Neither are going to land any big FAs. Lakers have money, LBJ and now the #4 pick. I’d take their off season hand over all the non playoff teams. 

• Replies 474
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Top Posters In This Topic

Popular Posts

Or you're just that annoying and have wayyyyy too many conversations with yourself where they don't want to wade through the trash.... I have you on ignore because you're annoying as fuck when you go

You truly try to live up to the name Simple Jake, right?

It was for George and Kawhi though

Posted Images

Grizzlies with Jaren Jackson and Ja Morant is a nice solid start on a paper. Jaren could see a big jump in his game next season. He was a solid rookie, and showed flashes of dominance at times.

They’ll probably resign Valenciunas (sp?). Add in a good pick or potential player when they trade Conley, and you may very well have something special starting there.

C-Valenciunas

PF-Jackson

SF-SlowMo

SG-??? (Pick from wherever Conley goes)

PG-Morant

Thats a nice fairly young team that could be entertaining while they suffer though another bad season/growing pains.  

They might even be able to snag a FA next off-season with all the money coming off their books IIRC.

Edited by TitansFan777

1 hour ago, TitansFan777 said:

Grizzlies with Jaren Jackson and Ja Morant is a nice solid start on a paper. Jaren could see a big jump in his game next season. He was a solid rookie, and showed flashes of dominance at times.

They’ll probably resign Valenciunas (sp?). Add in a good pick or potential player when they trade Conley, and you may very well have something special starting there.

C-Valenciunas

PF-Jackson

SF-SlowMo

SG-??? (Pick from wherever Conley goes)

PG-Morant

Thats a nice fairly young team that could be entertaining while they suffer though another bad season/growing pains.  

They might even be able to snag a FA next off-season with all the money coming off their books IIRC.

If Memphis wants to get in the playoffs they will need 2-3 years and players to develop into legit players. The west is too good and there aren’t many teams currently on the decline. Sac, Dal, Lakers and Minn have the upper hand on them in the re building mode. 

3 hours ago, CaliTitan3518 said:

If Memphis wants to get in the playoffs they will need 2-3 years and players to develop into legit players. The west is too good and there aren’t many teams currently on the decline. Sac, Dal, Lakers and Minn have the upper hand on them in the re building mode. 

That’s true, but the Grizzlies are still at the very start of the rebuild (and after the Conley trade/draft) could be much further ahead in their rebuild than anticipated, whereas most of those teams you mentioned are done or are almost done rebuilding except for Dallas.

However, the biggest need right now should be trading Conley (ideally to Boston to get their pick for 2020/2021 back) and using Chandler Parsons massive expiring to get another asset. 

3 hours ago, TitansFan777 said:

That’s true, but the Grizzlies are still at the very start of the rebuild (and after the Conley trade/draft) could be much further ahead in their rebuild than anticipated, whereas most of those teams you mentioned are done or are almost done rebuilding except for Dallas.

However, the biggest need right now should be trading Conley (ideally to Boston to get their pick for 2020/2021 back) and using Chandler Parsons massive expiring to get another asset. 

Ya it will be interesting what happens with or what they can get for Conley. It’s just so hard to rebuild without any proven pieces in a small market. 

47 minutes ago, JakePA_Titan said:

Refs gave yall that one and you know it. 

Curry took out Dame on a 3 that wasnt called and CJ got hacked driving to the hoop that wasnt called. 

All in the final minutes while they gave yall every call. 

Besides, any real basketball fan knows the series doesnt start til the home team loses. 

And yall without KD for another 2.

Oh god you sound like Houston fans 

2 hours ago, headhunter said:

Its gonna be the Warriors for the next 2 or 3 years. 

We will see. I don’t see a reason why they would fall off as contenders. Draymond could be gone after next year. Iggy is getting older. We’ve got a decent group of young bench players. Players will want to come play for us. 

28 minutes ago, JakePA_Titan said:

I see you arent disputing it though....

Trust me Dame and McCollum played like crap down the stretch and a lot of the blame is on them. But nonetheless, the refs helped aid your comeback. Theres no doubt about it. 

Dont forget that yall were down 17 at one point. This series is far from over. 

There are calls all throughout games that are missed. Even if they get those calls it doesn’t mean they win. I’m not a ref or a player and zero control of the game or calls. Could they have been called? Sure. Could they have been no calls? Sure. I don’t think they were blatantly missed calls though. 

Dont forget Portland let us come back from 17. Shots weren’t falling the first

half for the warriors. They made the adjustments and we all saw what happened in the 3rd. 

The warriors will need to completely fall apart for Portland to win. I guess it’s possible but idk how anyone could actually think they can pull this off. 

2 hours ago, JakePA_Titan said:

So you're also saying that non PI call against the Rams didnt decide the game? Calls and non calls matter. And yes, Dames three was blatant and clear as day. On both Dames 3 and CJ drive, yall ended up scoring on your subsequent posessions. It was a 5 point swing and then a 4 point swing. 9 points in all. Game was decided by 3. I'm sure it's easy to say no big deal when it favors your team. 

Dont forget? I dont get it. Are you trying to be funny or stupid? Lmao yall made no adjustments. So going from shots not falling to them falling is from making adjustments? Lol

Talk about sounding like a certain Rockets fan...

Funny because POR needed to completely fall apart (along with help from the refs) for yall to win on your own floor. 

A game never really comes down to only one play. There are calls and plays players/refs miss all game that could have changed the outcome too. 

The team that was so good to be up 17 is the same team that let us come back from 17. They just aren’t that good. If they were better they wouldn’t have blown that lead. I don’t think you watched the whole game. You act like Portland’s struggles have nothing to do with who they are playing. 

Have fun sinking in the Portland ship. They have to hope to split games at home.

2 minutes ago, JakePA_Titan said:

If POR gets those home calls that went GS way, its 2-2 headed back to GS. 

Its put up or shut up time for Dame. I'll bet on him at home. 

Hahahahaha woulda shoulda coulda game. 

You sure you aren’t a rockets fan?

Edited by CaliTitan3518