NBA Talk

CaliTitan3518

1 hour ago, JakePA_Titan said:

Ok, you know what.

You already said AD would still be elite. 

So answer this. Do you think LBJ and AD, plus what LA would potentially surround them with would be legitimate title contenders?

Title contenders? Probably not but that's just because I think GS is that good in a best of 7. They'd obviously be in the conversation but I sure as hell wouldn't put money on LA in that scenario.But I also think they would build a much better franchise by not giving away every resource.

I'd rather have what would be 1 all-world player and a lot of pieces to build around him compared to only 2 elite players and nothing else.

Of course I said AD would still be elite, he's that good.... Doesn't mean his value wouldn't be diminished a little by playing next to someone so good. I am honestly confused by what you are having an issue with Cali or I are saying.

I've already said it time and time again, I don't think Giannis and AD would compliment each other very well and it would just be sort of 2 elite individuals that would have to get chemistry down to not step on each other's toes to take advantage of all that talent. I think teams could too easily just focus on making sure either of them don't get inside compared to making sure you double or force slides to help quicker.. 

Lebron is simply too good for defenses to play that way where I don't think it takes anything away from him by adding another superstar (who would be the one need to adjust more). I already said that it wouldn't be an issue in LA but a GM would be fucking retarded to not look into how stars of this caliber compliment each other's play style on the court. Even if you have a bunch of selfless superstars on the court you still have to take into account each players strengths and weaknesses.

• Replies 474
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Top Posters In This Topic

Popular Posts

Or you're just that annoying and have wayyyyy too many conversations with yourself where they don't want to wade through the trash.... I have you on ignore because you're annoying as fuck when you go

You truly try to live up to the name Simple Jake, right?

It was for George and Kawhi though

Posted Images

Any team trading for AD is paying the price of the guy who takes games over as "the man" of the team, asking how much he would need to adjust his game when playing complimentary to someone isn't a ridiculous question because you're still paying the price of a guy who's taking over games himself.

None of that has to do with questioning if he can play alongside side someone, it's just asking how much of his maximum potential are you losing by him having the #2 role

25 minutes ago, JakePA_Titan said:

Not talking about this year. Talking about next year and beyond when GS is losing at least two of their current 5  

For sure, which is why I don't see a point in selling the farm for a guy, especially when you already have your #1. Not even 1A and Davis would be a 1B imo, it would be a scenario of a 1 and 2 (even though the cost of Davis would have been a #1 and then some). Just because he would have to play 2nd fiddle to Lebron doesn't remotely mean he is a 2nd rate player, or that anyone is rating him as such.

24 minutes ago, JakePA_Titan said:

they figured they'd try and assure themselves AD by giving them up in one deal. 

I didnt like it either. But in order to accomplish their goal, it's mostly necessary.

It still blows my mind how much was even on the table at one point

On 1/5/2019 at 10:28 PM, JakePA_Titan said:

Cool, talk to me in April. Yall already made your moves to get your mess somewhat fixed. Ours is coming. 

Is LA's fix coming? How did that trade for AD work out? Not so good? The Rockets have added Austin Rivers, Kenneth Faried, and Iman Shumpert.

What have the Lakers done (besides getting rid of Beasley)? They got Reggie Bullock and Mike Muscala, wow. And they lost Zubac too. Oh well.

But they are expected to make another huge signing in the buyout market, right? And you know what that means. Here comes Melo to LA! :cool:

Edited by Oiler FANatic

14 hours ago, JakePA_Titan said:

Why's that? You've never been really high on any of our players. You scoffed at me for believing Ball will be Kidd like. Even though Tmac thinks so as well. But I'm sure that means nothing. And his ceiling is the highest.

There are also others, such as Tmac, who think that offer is weak compared to what they'll get. And I can't wait to see their faces come this summer. 

Show me where I "hated" on your players (your favorite fucking word in the english language, I know you didn't use it in that post)? You are so fucking obnoxious talking to because you only see shit in black and white. The fact that I think you guys have more talent than is worth getting rid of for a superstar is all you need to know how I view your talent pool. As for scoffing at the Kidd comparison, yeah I did that because you kept saying they are pretty much the same player. Just because I pointed out how ridiculous it is that you expect your boy to play to the level of a Hall of Famer isn't saying that I think he's garbage, I just said that it's ridiculously premature.

Me not being super high on the Lakers as you isn't thinking your players are shit. Literally from the get go, I said that Lonzo should be the pick and he will be a good player. His dad was the problem I had with him.

Would you have the same thought if he was paired with KD or KL instead? Sure right?

Yes, I would have thought the exact same thing with KL and GMs should really do their homework on how he fits, the fact that KD is much more perimeter based is why I think he would be a perfect plug and play guy for pretty much any team. Any guy who really makes his money not on the perimeter requires more thought in seeing how well their style would fit with the team they would go to.

Edited by wiscotitansfan

But that's my whole point. So if youd still see AD as elite, and also see them as title contenders going forward, what is the point of questioning anything about the pairing? 

The point is questioning how much value you get from AD and his "diminished" role plays has massive bearing on how much I would offer a team for AD.

The fact that I think 2 superstars and a bunch of shit could be title contenders the next few years isn't remotely close to me thinking that it's the smart move. I also think they are title contenders for a much longer period by not giving away every single piece of value they have not named Lebron.

I said from the start that the Lakers are locks for playoffs and likely a decent seed when Lebron was expected to go to LA, of course I'd think that those same pieces getting better together would be in the conversation of a title.

38 minutes ago, JakePA_Titan said:

LBJ takes 5.7 threes and game and shoots 36%

Durant takes 5 threes a game and shoots 37%

So, come again?

So LBJ, plays on the perimeter a lot himself. He is also a better passer and sets his teammates up better than KD. More assists than KD. 

But you think KD his style would fit AD better. And question if AD would be maximized with LBJ. Lmao. Unreal. 

More perimeter than KL.

Ive already said that it doesn't matter for Lebron who he plays with because he can do everything. How dumb are you? I've said time and time and time and time and time and time and time and time and time again how it's the guys who's game isn't predicated on the perimeter that you need to evaluate more than someone like KD.

It's the other guys that you'd be adding to play 2nd fiddle who a GM would need to do their homework on if they would fit.

I used Giannis and AD as an example because all a defense would need to do would be make sure neither get inside and you don't really need to play extraordinary D to limit them. KD is a perfect plug and play superstar who'd be switching teams because he has to draw defensive attention to him no matter where he's standing on the court, the same can't be said about everyone.

46 minutes ago, JakePA_Titan said:

I'm not doing that work. You talked shit on DeAngelo, Randle, Ingram, Ball.....a lot. 

Again find it, it wouldn't be that difficult if it was so much. I have literally never shat on any of those single players, literally not once.

It's hilarious how hard you try.

2 minutes ago, JakePA_Titan said:

Kawhi also shoots 5 threes a game and shoots 37%, just like KD. 

So how much do you really think ADs role qould diminish in LA? You really think enough to actually be worried about it and ask the question?

Get real. 

I never fucking asked the question, I just said that it's not ridiculous to consider how much less a player would produce when he has to work alongside someone and possibly alter his play style a bit.

If AD were to go to a squad where he would be the de facto #1 he would have much more value to them than if he were to go to the Lakers... And yet, the Lakers would have to still pay the same price.

I don't get why you are being such a bitch about this, I never even said anything bad about the Lakers.

Philly is gonna make it interesring against the Bucks. Still think Bucks are playing like a great team right now. East suddenly isn’t so far behind the West. 

At this point I would put more money on LA missing the playoffs altogether than making it past the first round.  

18 hours ago, JakePA_Titan said:

Jalen Rose and Stephen A both think LA makes WCF granted they dont play GS prior.

Who disagrees?

You got a clip from Jalen rose saying that? He usually bashes the lakers. The other night he said the only reason lakers make playoffs is because Clippers traded Tobias Harris. 

32 minutes ago, JakePA_Titan said:

I'm pretty sure it was the same show. 

And I'm not sure why that would be the only reason....

Ppl bash the Lakers for their fall off when we were without a handful of players. 

LAC had about the same drop off while being healthy. 

Ya idk. It wasn’t my opinion. Jalen Rose just seems to be all over the place with his assessment on the Lakers. 

12 hours ago, Downtown said:

Philly is gonna make it interesring against the Bucks. Still think Bucks are playing like a great team right now. East suddenly isn’t so far behind the West. 

At this point I would put more money on LA missing the playoffs altogether than making it past the first round.  

Haven't watched Philly at all this year but the Bucks remind me of sleeper teams that do well in March Madness. Have a dominant player to draw attention and move the ball well enough to hit enough 3s to do damage from the rest of the guys.

I could see us getting completely shut down if teams can stop Giannis from getting points in the paint while still having enough defense by not needing to make damn near cross court slides to defend against the ball movement, obviously easier said than done though.