NBA Talk

CaliTitan3518

15 minutes ago, JakePA_Titan said:

The process did not allow them to get Butler. 

Saric was the only player taken throughout the "process" that was traded for Butler. 

And the process ended once Embiid got healthy because that's when they became relevant. Even in the weak East.

Of course they tanked to get high picks. But the process was a joke because 70% of their picks throughout the process were bums. 

Dario was drafted and Covington was signed off the D league and developed during it. Literally the two key plays in the trade.

Once again the process was just a marketing strategy to keep people interested in what they would become by continuing to suck and stock up picks. Regardless of those picks not planning out they don’t become the team they are today without them. 

• Replies 474
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Top Posters In This Topic

Popular Posts

Or you're just that annoying and have wayyyyy too many conversations with yourself where they don't want to wade through the trash.... I have you on ignore because you're annoying as fuck when you go

You truly try to live up to the name Simple Jake, right?

It was for George and Kawhi though

Posted Images

45 minutes ago, JakePA_Titan said:

I know wtf point of the "process" was. 

But you're wrong. Their process was tanking to draft high. Had nothing to do with signing players other teams drafted. And every team does that.

Not every team sucks for 6 years on purpose in order to draft players high. THAT was the process. Guys like Reddick, Covington, Bellineli, Amir Johnson are not guys they acquired through their process. If that's the case, every team goes through that process of signing guys. 

But you are right about one thing, if those others they picked didnt suck as bad, they dont land Embiid or Simmons. But that's why it's a joke. The process was a way to avoid saying "we suck at picking players" so bare with us. So the process became nothing but a hit or miss game for the FO. 

Finally, out of their 15 top 10 picks, they finally hit two.

That's like saying if LA trades KCP, Ingram, and a couple of picks for Davis, "our process" got us AD. Lmao. Bullshit. 

Can you read you fucking idiot? I literally said the process was a selling point to keep fans interested while they continue to suck and stock up picks. How the fuck am I wrong when you say the same exact fucking thing in different words? 

And while they continued to suck they found a player like Covington who developed into an all nba defensive player. That doesn’t happen if they don’t continue to suck. Just because they didn’t draft him doesn’t mean he wasn’t a product of it. Completely different scenario than Riddick, Belinelli and Johnson who are nba vets that signed with them for a year or two. Covington was going into his second year and was cut. They claimed him and developed him. He was able to play and become a valuable asset which allowed them to acquire Butler. 

5 hours ago, JakePA_Titan said:

Lmao. You're the idiot. You said actually naming it "the process" was purely a marketing stunt. 

And I'm saying it wasn't just a marketing stunt.  It was a real process they put into effect because they sucked at drafting. 

They didnt try to suck. They just did because their eye for talent was poop for so long.

Omg dude you are literally retarded. I can’t even discuss this with you because you can’t comprehend anything. 

On ‎11‎/‎16‎/‎2018 at 2:37 AM, JakePA_Titan said:

@Little Earl curious as to what PHI fans are thinking about with this new look. And what you think about what Broussard is sayng... 

Most Sixers fans like Butler, assuming he signs after the season.  

Many are also thinking Fultz could be a bust and probably needs to go to a bad team where he can play more and hopefully work out his shooting woes.    Really not sure what is going on with him.  He clearly has shown in high school and college that he could shoot.   So either he is a mental midget, or he still has a shoulder problem, or a combo of both.    The league forced Colangelo on the Sixers, which was a disaster.   Fortunately he is gone and only could do so much to destroy all the assets Hinke accumulated.    

They need to resign Butler and sign a good power forward in the off season, and they will have a title contender.     Or move Simmons to PF and sign a PG.

• 2 weeks later...
17 hours ago, rns90 said:

I bet the Wizards FO laughed at this offer like I did.

I am not sure.   Granted Wall is much better than Lonzo, but Wall is also owed an absurb amount of $140 million over the next 4 years.  They are going to have to take back less in order to get rid of that contract.

21 hours ago, rns90 said:

I bet the Wizards FO laughed at this offer like I did.

I wouldn't assume Ernie Grunfeld had any kind of competent thought. That's like assuming Lendale White doesn't want second or Vince Young is going to do well in a spelling contest. 

• 4 weeks later...
On 12/9/2018 at 1:45 AM, JakePA_Titan said:

Also love how HOU is sitting second to last in the WC yet we wanna talk about rumors. Lol

How long did that last? Three weeks later they go from 14th all the way to 4th place. Let's see what happens to LA without LBJ. :lolabove:

18 hours ago, Oiler FANatic said:

How long did that last? Three weeks later they go from 14th all the way to 4th place. Let's see what happens to LA without LBJ. :lolabove:

This has always been the case with the Western conference. There are going to be 12+ teams fighting for playoffs and it’s like to come down to a handful of games. 

• 4 weeks later...
25 minutes ago, wiscotitansfan said:

So which team is getting Anthony Davis? Bucks supposedly are going to try to go all in on AD but not sure I'd be interested in giving up what it would take to get him

Pelicans need to be patient. The best offer will come in the off season. For the team that gets him they need to make sure they have a star or something to entice him to stay. 

6 hours ago, wiscotitansfan said:

So which team is getting Anthony Davis? Bucks supposedly are going to try to go all in on AD but not sure I'd be interested in giving up what it would take to get him

I would assume the Lakers. What do they have to trade to get AD?