OILERMAN

Maroita is killing the franchise

OILERMAN   
31 minutes ago, Huston said:

This is stupid, no way would Mariota accept this. The tag will be around 27 mill. He’d take that before accepting a well below market deal.

And if he’s worth keeping the Titans would have to offer a market deal.

ctm   
On 7/10/2019 at 4:34 PM, OILERMAN said:

This is stupid, no way would Mariota accept this. The tag will be around 27 mill. He’d take that before accepting a well below market deal.

And if he’s worth keeping the Titans would have to offer a market deal.

Depends on how he plays and how you define market value.  Foles got 4 years for 88M with 50M guaranteed. His 2019 cash is 30.75M with a 12M cap hit.

Marcus would have to have a great, great year to get top of the market with the other franchise guys, which seems unlikely.

Marcus Mariota, QB, Titans

Like Winston, Mariota is playing under a $20.922 million fifth-year option, but for different reasons. His progress stalled during his first three NFL seasons in former head coach Mike Mularkey's "exotic smashmouth" offense. The Titans weren't able to determine whether 2015's second overall pick was the quarterback of the future in 2018 because he was slowed by an elbow injury on his throwing arm for a good part of the season.

The Titans would likely make a long-term commitment to Mariota, which would probably be north of $25 million per year, with an injury-free 2019 where he shows more consistency as a passer. The Titans acquired Ryan Tannehill, who has started all 88 games he's played in his seven NFL seasons, from the Dolphins as an insurance policy in case Mariota can't stay healthy or falters.

I found the real source instead of an Instagram rumor account.

It seems like total speculation, and that's a big if.

https://www.cbssports.com/nfl/news/agents-take-jameis-winston-devante-parker-headline-10-players-entering-a-pivotal-year-financially/

Edited by Titans279

Somedude   

My first thought it I almost hope Marcus goes down week one or pre-season and is released in the offseason so we can stop having these topics. Then again I know Oman and others would just find another player to do the same shit on. Probably Butler or Conklin. So it doesn't really matter. I like him I hope he does well but I would not want to hang on to him if he fails his last chance. I'm not optimistic about MM at all. I do want him to prove me wrong though.

2 hours ago, Somedude said:

My first thought it I almost hope Marcus goes down week one or pre-season and is released in the offseason so we can stop having these topics. Then again I know Oman and others would just find another player to do the same shit on. Probably Butler or Conklin. So it doesn't really matter. I like him I hope he does well but I would not want to hang on to him if he fails his last chance. I'm not optimistic about MM at all. I do want him to prove me wrong though.

not polarizing enough. they'll probably just bet on the next QB to fail.  

Callidus   

I give up I was gona type anpther somewhat inappropriate thing to get a laugh. I am gona hold off and try and get back into football mode.

I know I have been as big an offender as any since I started posting again a month or so ago (since the end of the year). It has been fun and as allways I will enjoy the back and forth with everyone.

Even while still making everyone else understand you are an asshole we can discuss thing's with some sense now that the season is rolling around.

Proceed to shit on me and call me hypocritical. Let joel and envy fight over who wants to call me more of a bitch or wtf ever they want to say. And jake, oilerman, 9, mcnair lover9, and everyone else I have fought with. Lets make shit right, and see what happens before everthing devolves into ahit by week 4.

This was a bad idea.

Edited by Callidus

Number9   
14 hours ago, Somedude said:

My first thought it I almost hope Marcus goes down week one or pre-season and is released in the offseason so we can stop having these topics. 

This will be heatedly debated two more years, then frequently the next three.  The great VY war lasted years after he left the Titans. 

big2033   
50 minutes ago, Number9 said:

This will be heatedly debated two more years, then frequently the next three.  The great VY war lasted years after he left the Titans. 

And you'd think we'd learn our lesson about holding on to these guys ... 

Dollop   

Not going to lie, thought he was an absolute sure thing when drafted and through the first two years.  Excused everything.

still biased, so I’m not going to defend him.  He has his chance in front of him.  

He gets injured?  That sucks but if you can’t stay healthy it’s a trend and we have to move on.  If he goes somewhere else and stays healthy and proves he doesn’t suck then good on him.

Number9   
5 minutes ago, Dollop said:

Not going to lie, thought he was an absolute sure thing when drafted and through the first two years.  Excused everything.

Mariota was the shit when he got here.  He would have a problem, like the exchange.  Next week, that's gone to never return.  The boy was fumbling, worked on it and he holds onto the ball.  He was showing promise and he showed he would work to improve.  In 2016, I started a thread about his inability to throw deep down the right sideline.  I got attacked like l had said Jesus was a muslim.  NBD.  He had a good year.  Then 2017, I supported him and we were winning, but I didn't really notice how he wasn't the same guy.  He was playing bad, but I didn't put a pattern on it.  We were winning so I just forgave all the FU and forgot about them.

Last year, he came out of the gate BAD.  Now, as I look back something happened toward the end of 2016 and Mariota became the player he is now.  Sure he had flaws in 2015,2016 but they were correctable.  Just like all QB have flaws they overcome.  Instead, in 2017 Mariota went backwards.  If he had a game like he did in Pittsburgh during his rookie season, everybody would have been all over his ass.  

The biggest problem we have around here is more that one person trying to explain away repeatedly bad play.  Posters who bring knowledge about different aspects of the game, make posts suggesting it's bad luck, the pass was between 13-14.5 yards where Mariota has his problems, Mariota is right with Arod and TB when it comes to x, just looney shit.

He is what you see.  He threw an awful pass last year in Buffalo and went sat on the bench with his head down.  This type of thing speaks volumes if you understand what you are seeing.