Maroita is killing the franchise

OILERMAN

50 minutes ago, Number9 said:

This will be heatedly debated two more years, then frequently the next three.  The great VY war lasted years after he left the Titans. 

And you'd think we'd learn our lesson about holding on to these guys ... 

• Replies 657
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Top Posters In This Topic

Popular Posts

You've said for the last two years he's a running QB and he can't play from the pocket. You said they brought in Fowler so they could run Marcus more.   You've said a lot of stupid shit

BUT HE IS KILLING THE FRANCHIZE

He's been consistently inconsistent his entire career. He shows flashes of elite play sandwiched between mediocrity and downright bad play. He's arguably the worst kind of QB you can have because he'l

Posted Images

Not going to lie, thought he was an absolute sure thing when drafted and through the first two years.  Excused everything.

still biased, so I’m not going to defend him.  He has his chance in front of him.  

He gets injured?  That sucks but if you can’t stay healthy it’s a trend and we have to move on.  If he goes somewhere else and stays healthy and proves he doesn’t suck then good on him.

5 minutes ago, Dollop said:

Not going to lie, thought he was an absolute sure thing when drafted and through the first two years.  Excused everything.

Mariota was the shit when he got here.  He would have a problem, like the exchange.  Next week, that's gone to never return.  The boy was fumbling, worked on it and he holds onto the ball.  He was showing promise and he showed he would work to improve.  In 2016, I started a thread about his inability to throw deep down the right sideline.  I got attacked like l had said Jesus was a muslim.  NBD.  He had a good year.  Then 2017, I supported him and we were winning, but I didn't really notice how he wasn't the same guy.  He was playing bad, but I didn't put a pattern on it.  We were winning so I just forgave all the FU and forgot about them.

Last year, he came out of the gate BAD.  Now, as I look back something happened toward the end of 2016 and Mariota became the player he is now.  Sure he had flaws in 2015,2016 but they were correctable.  Just like all QB have flaws they overcome.  Instead, in 2017 Mariota went backwards.  If he had a game like he did in Pittsburgh during his rookie season, everybody would have been all over his ass.  

The biggest problem we have around here is more that one person trying to explain away repeatedly bad play.  Posters who bring knowledge about different aspects of the game, make posts suggesting it's bad luck, the pass was between 13-14.5 yards where Mariota has his problems, Mariota is right with Arod and TB when it comes to x, just looney shit.

He is what you see.  He threw an awful pass last year in Buffalo and went sat on the bench with his head down.  This type of thing speaks volumes if you understand what you are seeing.

Marcus Mariota, Titans receivers working out in L.A.

Russell Wilson isn’t the only quarterback working with his wideouts in Los Angeles this week.

Jim Wyatt of the Titans website reports that Titans quarterback Marcus Mariota has gathered a group of receivers for workouts ahead of training camp. The Titans report to camp in two weeks.

Tajae Sharpe, Taywan Taylor, Cameron Batson and A.J. Brown joined Mariota for Thursday’s workout and Wyatt reports that other wideouts could be joining the group on Friday. Sharpe, Taylor and Batson were also part of a group that worked out with Mariota in April as the quarterback worked his way back from the elbow injury that kept him from playing at the end of last season.

All of that work comes ahead of what is set to be a pivotal season for Mariota in Tennessee. He’s in the final year of his contract and will likely need to show the Titans that he can be both healthy and productive for an entire year to land the kind of long-term deal that cements him as their franchise quarterback.

I think Jennings is the odd man out at wr, Baston is the more complete wr and offers elite speed that can be used in the screen game or go routes. And I'm assuming they keep six this year.

Mariota is not killing the franchise.  He might be holding the team back, but roster is steadily improving, the team fights for wins, and I have no doubt JRob will be heartless when it matters.

• 2 months later...
On 10/15/2018 at 10:30 AM, OILERMAN said:

Marcus Maroita isn’t capable of executing an nfl drop back passing game. If the staff isn’t scheming plays for him to make specific reads he’s horrible. This is why both staffs had him throwing so many screens to WRs, plays at or behind the line of scrimmage and play action. 

Maroita is killing the staffs, the OL and the skill people. He’s an albatross around the franchises neck. They need him to be good to be able to succeed and he’s not, he’s bad, he’s real bad. 

No no way can you pay him a long term deal and paying him the 5th year option is even questionable 

You can't hide your QB in the NFL you bunch of dullards

• 4 weeks later...