Maroita is killing the franchise

OILERMAN

• Replies 657
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Top Posters In This Topic

Popular Posts

You've said for the last two years he's a running QB and he can't play from the pocket. You said they brought in Fowler so they could run Marcus more.   You've said a lot of stupid shit

BUT HE IS KILLING THE FRANCHIZE

He's been consistently inconsistent his entire career. He shows flashes of elite play sandwiched between mediocrity and downright bad play. He's arguably the worst kind of QB you can have because he'l

Posted Images

I get the Corry projection caveats but IDK.  The real question is whether Mariota and his agents, under that scenario of a prove yourself good/healthy year, take a below market deal?  The franchise tag will be $ 27 M and probably higher if Goff and Prescott sign long term deals this year.

31 minutes ago, Huston said:

This is stupid, no way would Mariota accept this. The tag will be around 27 mill. He’d take that before accepting a well below market deal.

And if he’s worth keeping the Titans would have to offer a market deal.

On 7/10/2019 at 4:34 PM, OILERMAN said:

This is stupid, no way would Mariota accept this. The tag will be around 27 mill. He’d take that before accepting a well below market deal.

And if he’s worth keeping the Titans would have to offer a market deal.

Depends on how he plays and how you define market value.  Foles got 4 years for 88M with 50M guaranteed. His 2019 cash is 30.75M with a 12M cap hit.

Marcus would have to have a great, great year to get top of the market with the other franchise guys, which seems unlikely.

Marcus Mariota, QB, Titans

Like Winston, Mariota is playing under a $20.922 million fifth-year option, but for different reasons. His progress stalled during his first three NFL seasons in former head coach Mike Mularkey's "exotic smashmouth" offense. The Titans weren't able to determine whether 2015's second overall pick was the quarterback of the future in 2018 because he was slowed by an elbow injury on his throwing arm for a good part of the season.

The Titans would likely make a long-term commitment to Mariota, which would probably be north of $25 million per year, with an injury-free 2019 where he shows more consistency as a passer. The Titans acquired Ryan Tannehill, who has started all 88 games he's played in his seven NFL seasons, from the Dolphins as an insurance policy in case Mariota can't stay healthy or falters.

I found the real source instead of an Instagram rumor account.

It seems like total speculation, and that's a big if.

https://www.cbssports.com/nfl/news/agents-take-jameis-winston-devante-parker-headline-10-players-entering-a-pivotal-year-financially/

Edited by Titans279

My first thought it I almost hope Marcus goes down week one or pre-season and is released in the offseason so we can stop having these topics. Then again I know Oman and others would just find another player to do the same shit on. Probably Butler or Conklin. So it doesn't really matter. I like him I hope he does well but I would not want to hang on to him if he fails his last chance. I'm not optimistic about MM at all. I do want him to prove me wrong though.

2 hours ago, Somedude said:

My first thought it I almost hope Marcus goes down week one or pre-season and is released in the offseason so we can stop having these topics. Then again I know Oman and others would just find another player to do the same shit on. Probably Butler or Conklin. So it doesn't really matter. I like him I hope he does well but I would not want to hang on to him if he fails his last chance. I'm not optimistic about MM at all. I do want him to prove me wrong though.

not polarizing enough. they'll probably just bet on the next QB to fail.  

I give up I was gona type anpther somewhat inappropriate thing to get a laugh. I am gona hold off and try and get back into football mode.

I know I have been as big an offender as any since I started posting again a month or so ago (since the end of the year). It has been fun and as allways I will enjoy the back and forth with everyone.

Even while still making everyone else understand you are an asshole we can discuss thing's with some sense now that the season is rolling around.

Proceed to shit on me and call me hypocritical. Let joel and envy fight over who wants to call me more of a bitch or wtf ever they want to say. And jake, oilerman, 9, mcnair lover9, and everyone else I have fought with. Lets make shit right, and see what happens before everthing devolves into ahit by week 4.

This was a bad idea.

Edited by Callidus

14 hours ago, Somedude said:

My first thought it I almost hope Marcus goes down week one or pre-season and is released in the offseason so we can stop having these topics. 

This will be heatedly debated two more years, then frequently the next three.  The great VY war lasted years after he left the Titans.