Maroita is killing the franchise

OILERMAN

23 hours ago, OILERMAN said:

This is hollow and meaningless. Passing numbers are absurd today 

With the rule changes and offenses changing it makes it harder to quantify but the fact that he's right there with Mac stat wise is worthy of mention. People seem to forget the positives when he has a subpar game or doesn't throw for 300 yards.

• Replies 657
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Top Posters In This Topic

Popular Posts

You've said for the last two years he's a running QB and he can't play from the pocket. You said they brought in Fowler so they could run Marcus more.   You've said a lot of stupid shit

BUT HE IS KILLING THE FRANCHIZE

He's been consistently inconsistent his entire career. He shows flashes of elite play sandwiched between mediocrity and downright bad play. He's arguably the worst kind of QB you can have because he'l

Posted Images

9 hours ago, JakePA_Titan said:

Pocket looked good past two weeks.

Didnt look bad against HOU or PHI and LAC either. ?‍♂️

Yall too hung up on the BAL game. But you dont focus on how quickly he bails even when he doesnt need to. 

Aren't those the games Mariota  (when he played) looked good in? 

1 hour ago, JakePA_Titan said:

Sure. But pass pro was good against MIA and JAX (when he played) and he didnt look good against them. 

Really, as far as pass pro goes, they only had one bad game.  

Go back and read the threads after the Jacksonville game again. 

... and don’t forget the fucked up hand in both Miami and Jax... 

miami  I was also the first game in a new system. And he wasn’t bad before the injury. 

55 minutes ago, JakePA_Titan said:

Why? Is seeing Mariota apologists blame everyone and everything but Mariota supposed to make me think differently?

How could I forget that?

Yes he was. He missed easy throws. And he had plenty of time to get comfortable with the new offense. Plus, his first game in Robiskies offense he played very well against a much superior defense. Coming off injury...I mean at least say the coaches didnt have us prepared good enough and as a result, Mariota and the offense couldnt get in a rhythm or something more believable other than, it was a new offense (even though he had all of TC and preseason to grasp the majority of it). Say they took a team ppl expected to be suspect lightly and just came out flat on the road.

I swear. About 20% of the excuses for Mariota are valid. I'll even say the nerve damage was valid, but not anytime after the Eagles game. 

If you don’t think nerve damage is a valid reason .. we got nothing to chat about

On ‎11‎/‎15‎/‎2018 at 11:04 PM, Huston said:

McNair suffered from playing in bad passing offenses most of his career and not putting in the effort to be the best he could be. DL could hit you late in the head and legs. DBs could put their hands on WRs within 5 yards. DBs could hit "defenseless" WRs. Marcus got saved in his 4th year from bad passing offenses and is willing to put in the work to be the best he can be that's the difference. Mariota benefits from modern era NFL rules that makes being a QB easier. 

FIFY

16 hours ago, JakePA_Titan said:

Pocket looked good past two weeks.

Didnt look bad against HOU or PHI and LAC either. ?‍♂️

Yall too hung up on the BAL game. But you dont focus on how quickly he bails even when he doesnt need to. 

You have no idea what you are talking about 

Edited by Jd8

On 11/14/2018 at 5:32 AM, Justafan said:

All I know is that the past few weeks, Mariota has been dropping dimes.  That rainbow pass to CD was 50 yards and a thing of beauty.  If he can play like that with any sort of consistency, then he is as good as some of those other guys, no question.  

I admit I had doubts early in the year.  It was tough not to with the stretch of games where he and the offense just were not getting it done for whatever reason.  

After the past few weeks, I just hope that LaFleur manages to stick around for another year and Jrob is aggressive in going out and pursuing more weapons for Marcus.  I don't pretend to be some professional scout or anything like that, I just know what I see with my eyes.  

Sunday, I saw a franchise QB.  

I think you have pretty much said what we all agree on.  I had pretty much given up on him.  I am glad to see him put those type games together, both on the big stage.  He played his way into staying another year, no matter what happens.  I came into this season wanting the defense to get help, now it's the offense.  Injuries and a deserter helped to make the offense look worse than it was.  But props to JRob and the entire coaching staff to have the next men up playing at this level.  It shows we have good depth and coaches who can coach.

Keep it going Mariota!

On 11/15/2018 at 10:04 PM, Huston said:

McNair suffered from playing in bad passing offenses most of his career and not putting in the effort to be the best he could be. Marcus got saved in his 4th year from bad passing offenses and is willing to put in the work to be the best he can be that's the difference.

I think those type statements irritate long time fans more than anything.  It's okay to love Mariota, but don't put up comparison to a Titans great from decades ago saysing Mariota's better.  I trying to get my seat back in the VIP section of the Mariota Bandwagon, but I might have to throw a few people off before I go up front and sit down.  9&8.  Number9 sitting on the wagon w/8MM sitting in his lap. 

On 11/15/2018 at 2:05 PM, JakePA_Titan said:

Someone please get @big2033s bitch ass a waahburger and French cries. He becomes a bitch when hes hungry.

That's a perfect image of your dumbass. Redneck kid rock. The 2 of you are just as pathetic as your insults.