Maroita is killing the franchise

OILERMAN

Marcus Maroita isn’t capable of executing an nfl drop back passing game. If the staff isn’t scheming plays for him to make specific reads he’s horrible. This is why both staffs had him throwing so many screens to WRs, plays at or behind the line of scrimmage and play action. 

Maroita is killing the staffs, the OL and the skill people. He’s an albatross around the franchises neck. They need him to be good to be able to succeed and he’s not, he’s bad, he’s real bad. 

No no way can you pay him a long term deal and paying him the 5th year option is even questionable 

• Replies 657
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Top Posters In This Topic

Popular Posts

You've said for the last two years he's a running QB and he can't play from the pocket. You said they brought in Fowler so they could run Marcus more.   You've said a lot of stupid shit

BUT HE IS KILLING THE FRANCHIZE

He's been consistently inconsistent his entire career. He shows flashes of elite play sandwiched between mediocrity and downright bad play. He's arguably the worst kind of QB you can have because he'l

Posted Images

Man, I feel where you're coming from. 

But the thread title made me chuckle haha. Maybe it's accurate though. 

We'll know for sure before too long I guess. 

But if that's the case - then I hope we go something like 4-12 instead of 8-8. Because we'll need a high draft pick. 

Edited by tgo

But he had a 90 QB rating!  with 50 net yards, 0 3rd down conversions, and 0 points.......

It's obvious that he has severe limitations due to his inconsistent accuracy, fragile confidence, and injuries.  They were deathly afraid to let him throw it 40 times because they know he'll become a TO machine and meltdown. 

2 minutes ago, tgo said:

Man, I feel where you're coming from. 

But the thread title made me chuckle haha. Maybe it's accurate though. 

We'll know for sure before too long I guess. 

But if that's the case - then I hope we go something like 4-12 instead of 8-8. Because we'll need a high draft pick. 

I’ve been saying that I’ve actually been too kind to him and in the team meetings it’s likely way worse, people thought it was schtick, it wasn’t. 

You can can tell by the way both staffs handle him and call plays they know he can’t do it. 

Just now, Jonboy said:

I post the Bridgewater gif at least partially in jest.

I think the the move is to give Mariota the 5th year option, but bring in true competition in the form of a veteran QB, preferably one like Bridgewater that has at least some amount of upside. Make Mariota have to earn the job in 2019 against the vet. If he doesn't, then draft one in 2020. I don't want to draft a QB in 2019. We need to wait for 2020 when Tua and Fromm will likely be coming out.

I agree.  No matter what happens I want Mariota to have the full five years.  Then they can make a decision at that point.  Unless he just completely lights it up, say, after the bye, which I don't see happening unfortunately.

3 minutes ago, Jonboy said:

I post the Bridgewater gif at least partially in jest.

I think the the move is to give Mariota the 5th year option, but bring in true competition in the form of a veteran QB, preferably one like Bridgewater that has at least some amount of upside. Make Mariota have to earn the job in 2019 against the vet. If he doesn't, then draft one in 2020. I don't want to draft a QB in 2019. We need to wait for 2020 when Tua and Fromm will likely be coming out.

This is probably the right move if Mariota doesn't show major improvement by year's end. 

The issue is though - that we'll probably have no shot at those guys at the top of the draft. You'd have to hope the teams drafting that high don't need a QB and that you can throw a bunch of 1st round picks at them to make a move up. 

Edited by tgo