Computer Security

Number9

I am shopping for a security system for my laptop.  I want protection at home and away.  I also heard of a program that will keep all your passwords.  It will create strong passwords for sites, each site different and you have a password to open it.  

Any help?

Any ideas?

LastPass is supposed to be good but I use KeePass (stupid name, I know).  Recommended to me by the CTO of the firm I support and he's a CISSP, so I trust his judgment.  Easy to use and will generate secure passwords for you.

Have a look at Cylance as an AV/anti-Malware solution.  Not expensive, very lightweight, but you'll have to keep an eye on it when installing new software packages as it might quarantine them.  Easy-to-use web interface.

And don't forget to register your email addresses and check your passwords at haveibeenpwned.com.

Thanks for all the information.  Cyber crime has come down to the little guy.  Kinda like embezzlers are more sophisticated than bank robbers.  I really think the hack came from within the site, but I'm tightening up my system.  I have security now that can give me a VPN when I am away from home, plus a daily sweep of my system.  I haven't decided on my new password protection system yet.

Archived