The passing game/Mariota

OILERMAN

14 hours ago, japan said:

I longed for these takes after last game. Too bad you were at a hotel without internet. 

Ahhh that makes so much sense now. 

Crazy how how I was on an island in the Philippines that you need 3 separate flights to get to with government mandated power outages for 12 hours a day...but somehow my internet worked. 

Texas must be a wasteland 

• Replies 232
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Top Posters In This Topic

Popular Posts

Please. You arent using real data to see where it takes you. You are starting from a conclusion and cherry picking data to support it. The Williams INT is a perfect example of this.

You made no comment on Mariotas play after last week but have this thread up first thing in the morning 

Not this bullshit 1 read crap again...

Posted Images

3 hours ago, Number9 said:

Thank you for not blowing a gasket.  It's a tough spot, but it's also his 4th year.  He's gotten a lot of breaks and a long leash.  What he's going through is no different than any other QB.  Matty Ice.  Eli.  Flacco. Farve got run out of Green Bay.  Cutler.  Manning was released by the team he pretty much made.  Goff.  Carr.  Bortles.  Look at what Andy Dalton has had to face.  The Dalton Meter.  Now, that some tough stuff.   

Either they come out and play great or they get the boot.  Mariota is trying out for a 25M+ a year job.  He's already made 24M.  He'll have plenty of money no matter how this goes.  All I want is a championship.

Matt, Eli, Flacco,... never dealt with what Marcus has to start his career. 

Farve in year 20?

cutler forced a trade and played for a long time in chicago

manning was possibly never going to return from injury

goff had one year with a shit staff

carr had great stability until this season

bortles??? Lol

dalton has had more talent surrounding him that just about any an in the league outside of KC and philly. 

22 hours ago, Number9 said:

People never want to admit they were wrong,  So, four years into his career they are making excuses, it's the other guy's fault.  We excused 2017.  Now, it's put up time.

Marcus Mariota 2018

passing 65/103  696 yards  4TD  6INT  rushing 122 yards 1TD

On pace for 2500 yards.  Hope the offense can get it’s shit together soon

8 hours ago, titanruss said:

Matt, Eli, Flacco,... never dealt with what Marcus has to start his career. 

Farve in year 20?

cutler forced a trade and played for a long time in chicago

manning was possibly never going to return from injury

goff had one year with a shit staff

carr had great stability until this season

bortles??? Lol

dalton has had more talent surrounding him that just about any an in the league outside of KC and philly. 

I totally agree with you.  Each case is different.  I said it in a way that didn't make clear what I meant.  I didn't mean Mariota's career is the same.  All I meant was that a lot of QBs face criticism by the public.  Look at Tony Romo.  They stayed after him, local media and national media.  After he fumbled that hold-every good thing he had done went out the window.  The Dallas fans grew to really love Tony, but he couldn't stay healthy.  They gave his job to Dak in a New York second(old people phrase for fast).

This QB situation is going to play out.  The GM situation will play out too.  Now people are on him.  Vrabel will or won't survive when controversy hits him.  He barely got to the city before they were questioning  his every decision.  People called him a meathead.  People said he was going to blowup on the sidelines.  He was going to be so argumentative he would not be able to get the job done.

QBs are always the lightening rod of team fan talk.  I imagine there's a great debate about "why the fuck the GM paid Jimmy G all that money."    I'm starting to see by having an unpopular opinion, I stepped in deep shit.

200.gif

Edited by Number9

further on the OP...

you gotta be some kind of special retard to blame the QB for the delay of game penalty.

dude is clapping and calling for the ball for 5 seconds and the center refuses to snap it.

1 hour ago, Number9 said:

I totally agree with you.  Each case is different.  I said it in a way that didn't make clear what I meant.  I didn't mean Mariota's career is the same.  All I meant was that a lot of QBs face criticism by the public.  Look at Tony Romo.  They stayed after him, local media and national media.  After he fumbled that hold-every good thing he had done went out the window.  The Dallas fans grew to really love Tony, but he couldn't stay healthy.  They gave his job to Dak in a New York second(old people phrase for fast).

This QB situation is going to play out.  The GM situation will play out too.  Now people are on him.  Vrabel will or won't survive when controversy hits him.  He barely got to the city before they were questioning  his every decision.  People called him a meathead.  People said he was going to blowup on the sidelines.  He was going to be so argumentative he would not be able to get the job done.

QBs are always the lightening rod of team fan talk.  I imagine there's a great debate about "why the fuck the GM paid Jimmy G all that money."    I'm starting to see by having an unpopular opinion, I stepped in deep shit.

200.gif

its not that it was an unpopular opinion as much as just terrible comparisons.

22 hours ago, Pragidealist said:

Just let them cling to their narratives. It won't matter in the end.  Its a losing battle to harp on people so entrenched.   Oman is reaching.  Deep down he knows it and will start to slowly shift this opinion over time as MM has better games.   

Hence the silence after the Eagles game. He's more vocal, by far, after bad games or games in which the perception can be nuzzled to reflect an alleged bad game. Mariota just didn't leave any room for manipulated narratives last Sunday.

22 hours ago, Pragidealist said:

https://www.profootballfocus.com/news/fantasy-football-metrics-that-matter-quarterbacks-on-play-action

I find it funny that Oman keeps harping that MM is better in playaction vs no playaction. Almost EVERY QB is better in playaction...   

Didn't the guest they had on say that on the podcast after the Eagles win?

22 hours ago, TitanDuckFan said:

They should trade him.

Or, when FA arrives, just let him walk.

Why? To appease all the morons who think he's a bust? To stick your dick in their eye and say "told ya so" when he goes to another team and lights shit on fire? Because we have so many other appealing options? Or because you're just tired of having to follow the Titans because he's here?

Fuck the 1st reason, the 2nd reason would feel good for only a second until you realize it doesn't solve the 3rd reason, and fuck you for the 4th reason.

I'll say this much, Mariota had some cringe worthy plays that make me wonder about him long term. The hurdle being the first. the massive fail on the throw away that almost resulted in an INT at the goal line being the other. Smart QBs don't make either play. He has to eliminate plays like that from his game.

19 minutes ago, oldschool said:

I'll say this much, Mariota had some cringe worthy plays that make me wonder about him long term. The hurdle being the first. the massive fail on the throw away that almost resulted in an INT at the goal line being the other. Smart QBs don't make either play. He has to eliminate plays like that from his game.

Gotta disagree on the hurdle. You don’t want it to be common place but it was a 3rd down late in a one score game and if he doesn’t hurdle he’s tackled short. He did a really good job of protecting himself on that play I felt like.

2 minutes ago, Highpockets84 said:

Gotta disagree on the hurdle. You don’t want it to be common place but it was a 3rd down late in a one score game and if he doesn’t hurdle he’s tackled short. He did a really good job of protecting himself on that play I felt like.

These statements are at odds with each other. I don't give a fuck about one 3rd down conversion if it means We have to watch Gabbert for 2 months. Its not a smart play.

1 hour ago, oldschool said:

this is what l said Sunday night.  my response was worse than what you got.  no matter if it makes sense, one of them will fly up and say he's perfect.  

Edited by Number9

1 hour ago, oldschool said:

These statements are at odds with each other. I don't give a fuck about one 3rd down conversion if it means We have to watch Gabbert for 2 months. Its not a smart play.

They have to let him play his game or he will not develop. I agree with you in principle but one of his best qualities is his competitiveness. Take that away from him and he’s done. If it was a first quarter drive I would agree, but he was trying to win us the game. 

The throw out of bounds on the other hand was just horrible. He had the deer in the headlights look again. It really must be frustrating for him watching his line get worked every week, his top two safety blankets gone, and everyone outside of CD having multiple derps a game. 

On 10/8/2018 at 8:03 AM, oldschool said:

My goodness what happened to you? I put forth an opinion and didnt state it as fact. You on the other hand are peddling an opinion as fact by hiding behind cherry picked data. They aren't the same.

What? This isn't anything new. He's always been that way on here.

3 hours ago, oldschool said:

The hurdle?  He would have been short of the first down without it!

You do know that he's never thrown an INT in the red zone, right?  He likely misjudged where the sideline was but of all the things to harp on him on his play in the red zone is not one of them.