Preds start the season with a "W"

freakingeek

They looked good against the Rangers and kept the pressure on most of the game. Forsberg's goal was a wicked wrister. I think barring injury he's going to have a monster year. Rinne was sharp. All the pieces are there for another run.

2 hours ago, Oiler FANatic said:

They're gonna lose to the Islanders tomorrow in Brooklyn!

Barry tops Lavi? Stanley Cup odds for the Preds are +1100 and Islanders are +10000. I guess we'll see.

On 10/6/2018 at 9:25 PM, Oiler FANatic said:

They barely won 4-3, obviously the Preds are the better team but the Islanders aren't all that bad either.

They gave up a goal at the end of the game when it was 6 on 5. The Preds played pretty well as a whole. 2 road wins is a good way to start things rolling.

36 minutes ago, JakePA_Titan said:

All about getting hot at the right time....

All that matters is if Rinne is on his A game come playoff time. 

This.

They have a great team and are a lock for playoffs, but actually making noise in NHL playoffs much much more often than not requires the goaltending to be on point. 7 game series are (especially multiple of them) rarely decided by offense alone. I honestly think a goalie matters more to their team than a QB does to theirs.

Edited by wiscotitansfan

17 hours ago, NashvilleNinja said:

If you had to rank your confidence the Preds will reach the Final again vs what it was last year at this time, where would you put it?

Pretty much the same or perhaps a little higher expectations. The year they got to the finals they got hot after the all star break. Last year's team was consistently good all season but ran into a hot team (Winnipeg) in the playoffs. We have the same pieces with an upgrade or two this year and the team is battle tested and knows what it takes to get there. Vegas thinks so too.

Every sport besides a Lebron led basketball team or a Tom Brady led football team is all built on getting hot. Expectations are always going to be high but until about a month or two before the playoffs start, you can't make any real guess about the Stanley Cup.

The Milwaukee Brewers were pretty damn mediocre all season until the all-star break and especially the past month. There sure as hell are much better teams who's season is over while the Brewers are a few wins away from the World Series.

On 10/10/2018 at 3:12 PM, wiscotitansfan said:

Every sport besides a Lebron led basketball team or a Tom Brady led football team is all built on getting hot. There sure as hell are much better teams who's season is over while the Brewers are a few wins away from the World Series.

The one difference being the Brewers may actually get to the World Series while the Lakers, even with LBJ, won't get close to the NBA Finals.

2 hours ago, Oiler FANatic said:

The one difference being the Brewers may actually get to the World Series while the Lakers, even with LBJ, won't get close to the NBA Finals.

Jesus Christ dude, keep the trolling in the other thread where it doesn't need to bother anyone

I brought up different sports to make a point and I went out of my way to chime in with the Brewers to emphasize that point. Keep your  whining about the Lakers in the countless threads about the Lakers

Preds took down the Wild last night. The Wild came back and made it a game but the Preds outplayed/outshot them most of the game. Time to hit the road after 3 straight home wins.

On 10/5/2018 at 5:06 PM, freakingeek said:

Barry tops Lavi? Stanley Cup odds for the Preds are +1100 and Islanders are +10000. I guess we'll see.

That's looking like a pretty good bet right now. Only three losses so far, two to the 5-1 Predators and one to the 5-1-1 Ducks.