Corey Davis

BeedoeLaw

3 hours ago, AussieTitanFan08 said:

There was also a stat floating around about Davis being near the top of the league in "earning" DPI penalty yards, there were several occasions last season Davis had his opponent beat on double moves only for them to basically tackle him to stop a TD.

Then you throw in the fact he is one of the best blocking WR in the NFL its crazy how undervalued he is by the broader NFL media.

He's probably the best skill player on the team, and will soon surpass Delanie for sure in that regard. 

Completely underrated - it's actually pretty amazing how well he's done given the circumstances he's been in. 

• Replies 112
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Top Posters In This Topic

Popular Posts

AHEM MUTHAFUCKAS!

Oman will never shut the hell up.

I think Davis is the most underrated player on the team and one of the most underrated players in the league. On a better passing game he's be among Adams, Allen, Thielen etc......

2 hours ago, OILERMAN said:

I think Davis is the most underrated player on the team and one of the most underrated players in the league. On a better passing game he's be among Adams, Allen, Thielen etc......

Agree. 

2 hours ago, OILERMAN said:

All he has to be is on a more frequent passing team. It’s not about better. Our numbers are fine. It’s about frequency.. we don’t pass anywhere close to near the league average

Frequency 

frequency

frequency

Yea I believe if you add up the penalty yds he drew on pis with his stats he surpassed 1000 yds. Combine that with the shit qb play and no other reliable receivers to take attention off of him and you realize how good he could have looked in a better situation.

The QBs really hurt CD last season.  I can’t recall one pass that was targeted for CD intercepted last year.  We need to force feed the ball to CD every game this season.

As much as I hope MM becomes a franchise QB this season, but if he continues to throw 13 Tds a season...there’s qb option next season.  Carr or Stanford are two I’m keeping an eye out for.  With a legit Qb, CD would be top ten.

4 hours ago, titanruss said:

All he has to be is on a more frequent passing team. It’s not about better. Our numbers are fine. It’s about frequency.. we don’t pass anywhere close to near the league average

Frequency

Let's not forget he was only a 2nd year player without a whole season under his belt when 2018 started.

But he's also been in too many situations where he's been the sole or primary focus of the secondary, and has had to deal with double and triple coverages far too often.

Something that JRob and Vrabel obviously sought to remedy this past off-season.

It's going to be interesting when DCs have to also scheme for Hump and Brown and the return of Delanie instead of just Taylor, Sharpe and a mishmash of JAGs at TE.

Edited by TitanDuckFan