Rosenstein Out?

tgo

4 minutes ago, Legaltitan said:

I don';t know, but clearly Trump used the NYT on the Rosenstein story last week, and used them again today. So, still fake news, but sometimes pro-Trump fake news?

I read an article this weekend, that I cannot find now, that goes back 35+ years demonstrating that the New York Times has often had a bent for pro-Republican news pieces.  The stories were cited in chronological order showing in the 80s, it often wrote news reports defending President Reagan, then in the 1990s it had harsh stories about Clinton.  It is fairly absent on the second President Bush, but had some critical reports on President Obama.  Then in 2016, it had a few very critical stories on Secretary Clinton.  The article pointed to the New York times being very consistent with Wall Street Journal reporting when it came to politics and business interests. It is a boogey-man for conservatives that in practice helps them in both being that boogeyman but actually in practice by filling its liberal readership with thoughts to be critical of that readership's political allies while defending their political opponents. 

Archived