9 Nines

Kavanaugh will probably not be confirmed now

ctm   
1 minute ago, OILERMAN said:

It's pretty obvious Kavanaugh is a self entitled rich asshole who was born on 3rd base. College frat boy mean drunk 

fify

11 minutes ago, TitansFan23 said:

My take on this.

Ford: He sexually assaulted me.

Kavanaugh: No I didn’t.

Proof thus far that Kavanaugh sexually assaulted Ford: None.

Proof thus far that Kavanaugh didn’t sexually assault Ford: None.

Without a date, time, or place of the alleged abuse it would be impossible to determine anything. There was no evidence that the event occured at the start of the day and none now.

ctm   
3 minutes ago, Legaltitan said:

Way better at what? 

They controlled the narrative better.  Every time the question of why there was no FBI investigation, Grassley interrupted and turned the question onto why Feinstein didn't release the info sooner.

Republicans also essentially fired their female questioner once Kavanaugh started to testify and started making their own rants about Feinstein.

Just now, ctm said:

They controlled the narrative better.  Every time the question of why there was no FBI investigation, Grassley interrupted and turned the question onto why Feinstein didn't release the info sooner.

Republicans also essentially fired their female questioner once Kavanaugh started to testify and started making their own rants about Feinstein.

Jettisoning the female prosecutor was pure genius and I think it was planned before the hearing. They were able to avoid the optics of a bunch of 70 year old white males asking a woman uncomfortable questions and then pivot to defending Kavanaugh.

Bink   
3 hours ago, Cyrus said:

Only because you seem convinced Kavanaugh is guilty. (to me) I've listened to both testimonies, have read the accounts, have read the transcripts that we've seen and I don't see an inarguable case that Kavanaugh was her assaulter. (I know you guys have done these things as well). At the current moment, based on what we know, it seems more plausible to me that it was someone else. Only one detail needs to be wrong for Ford to be a victim, and Kavanaugh innocent. For Kavanaugh to be the assaulter, it seems like we need a number of details/circumstances to be wrong or out of the ordinary (including the denials from named individuals). 

Also, I want it to be known that I'm honestly inclined to believe the women, because generally speaking, women don't generally lie about these things. (not saying that doesn't happen, but they generally don't). However I think it's very clearly she was very traumatized by this event. It sounds like she wasn't generally invited to these types of prep parties (was only 15) and was likely in a totally foreign environment and was the target by some predatory men. (which is VERY often the case - the newcomers are often targets). Maybe her beer was dosed, so despite only having one, she was inebriated. (which would explain her lack of memory). I can only speculate. However there's insufficient evidence to say that this was Kavanaugh, and believing that it was someone else allows for many things to be true.

@OILERMAN this is what I'm referring too. 

OILERMAN   
2 minutes ago, oldschool said:

Dirty high stakes politics.

It's not that their better, they have no shame. They'll endorse Roy Moore and attack anyone. 

Not all but a lot of the Dems actually try and follow the rules and govern with ethics 

OILERMAN   
6 minutes ago, oldschool said:

Jettisoning the female prosecutor was pure genius and I think it was planned before the hearing. 

They fired her because she started asking Kavanaugh real questions. 

1 minute ago, OILERMAN said:

They fired her because she started asking Kavanaugh real questions. 

Nah she was ineffective and served her purpose. Grahams outburst was planned. It was on his website 20 mins later.

Bink   
2 hours ago, Cyrus said:

I loathe this administration. I can't stand so many of these Republicans in Congress. I don't think I can name a Republican in Congress that I respect now that McCain has passed away. That said, the Democrats are also making this is a circus hearing. No one trusts each other. There is no regular order. Everything seems politically motivated. I'm not sure anyone has the "high ground".

I understand this kind of sentiment and feeling and I think we all have it to some extent. In this one post I am going to ask myself a bit of a partisan question here, what media are we analyzing here--what's the rhetoric we are most critical of?

Serious question. I'd be interested in seeing some of the artifacts that represent the worst ways that democrats are making this a circus. As always, I think the most ridiculous media escalation comes from Trump himself--maybe we all can agree on that. But what's the reading on Kavanaugh's fox news appearance and Trump's press conference--is there anything close to as circus like as that? I feel like seeing something of what is creating your sense of false accusation here would be useful to see.