Kavanaugh

9 Nines

• Replies 1.6k
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Top Posters In This Topic

Popular Posts

Oh Jake please stop talking about stuff you don't understand it makes me cringe. I really can't bear to see someone embarrass themselves like this. 

When the Republican Party sends its people, they’re not sending the best.   They’re sending people that have lots of problems, and they’re bringing those problems to Washington.  

Posted Images

5 hours ago, Little Earl said:

Drunken orgies every weekend for three years where the boys drugged and raped the girls. Nobody called the cops? The girls kept attending the parties? This is not believable.   Move on, this is not credible.

And BILL COSBY - Mr Pudding Snacks! - raped 60 women?!?  Naw this can't be real!

Hmm..some other guy has met twice with investigators Monday and Tuesday and made a statement that it was he that had this encounter with Dr. Ford in '82. 

https://www.usatoday.com/story/news/politics/2018/09/26/brett-kavanaugh-two-men-say-they-had-disputed-sexual-encounter-christine-ford/1439569002/

If that's the case, that's either some incredible guilt and honesty, or a massive payoff to risk a criminal charge.

No idea what to make of it but tomorrow morning should be interesting..

Edited by kgsTitan

24 minutes ago, kgsTitan said:

Hmm..some other guy has met twice with investigators Monday and Tuesday and made a statement that it was he that had this encounter with Dr. Ford in '82. 

https://www.usatoday.com/story/news/politics/2018/09/26/brett-kavanaugh-two-men-say-they-had-disputed-sexual-encounter-christine-ford/1439569002/

If that's the case, that's either some incredible guilt and honesty, or a massive payoff to risk a criminal charge.

No idea what to make of it but tomorrow morning should be interesting..

These guys have really put it all on the line! 

Putting aside everything thing else, this was a rare political miscalculation by Trump to not have the Fbi investigate this stuff. 

I understand the political decision behind it. Trump didn't want to give dem an opening, didn't want to blink, assuming (rightly) this would open a can of worms. That thinking seemed right at the time. 

Fast forward a week and a half and it looks crazy to not get fbi involved. If fbi either cleared Kavanaugh or even found nothing conclusive at all the Republicans could have declared victory. If fbi found troubling information Republicans would have political cover with the base to flush Kavanaugh. And all thst could have been done and over by now. 

9 minutes ago, Legaltitan said:

Putting aside everything thing else, this was a rare political miscalculation by Trump to not have the Fbi investigate this stuff. 

I understand the political decision behind it. Trump didn't want to give dem an opening, didn't want to blink, assuming (rightly) this would open a can of worms. That thinking seemed right at the time. 

Fast forward a week and a half and it looks crazy to not get fbi involved. If fbi either cleared Kavanaugh or even found nothing conclusive at all the Republicans could have declared victory. If fbi found troubling information Republicans would have political cover with the base to flush Kavanaugh. And all thst could have been done and over by now. 

Republicans already knew about at least some of this. It's why McConnell didn't want the guy nominated but then rushed it once he was.

2 minutes ago, Soxcat said:

Again, Kav has gone through detailed FBI background checks and yet none of this has come up in his past.  No gang rape, not attempted rape.... nothing.  All the so called witnesses say there is not a shred of truth to any of these allegations.  You keep siding with what makes no sense.  You are playing the idiot.  If someone makes any statement to the contrary of what the Dems con job is trying to puke you assume they are lying.  You and your libtard cronies are simply biased and stupid. 

Now start with Ford.  She doesn't have all the facts and is a nut job.  She is deeply disturbed by the scenario yet says nothing until the eve of this guy getting on the Supreme court.  It is a slap in the face to all woman who are really sexually assaulted. 

Stormy didn't say anything about her affair with Trump until he was president. Was she lying? What about Karen McDougal. "suspicious" timing doesn't make something untrue no matter how hard you believe it. 

43 minutes ago, Soxcat said:

Again, Kav has gone through detailed FBI background checks and yet none of this has come up in his past.  No gang rape, not attempted rape.... nothing.  All the so called witnesses say there is not a shred of truth to any of these allegations.  You keep siding with what makes no sense.  You are playing the idiot.  If someone makes any statement to the contrary of what the Dems con job is trying to puke you assume they are lying.  You and your libtard cronies are simply biased and stupid. 

Now start with Ford.  She doesn't have all the facts and is a nut job.  She is deeply disturbed by the scenario yet says nothing until the eve of this guy getting on the Supreme court.  It is a slap in the face to all woman who are really sexually assaulted. 

Again you don't understand how background checks work. 

Just because there have been background checks on Kavanaugh in the past, doesn't mean that the details and credibility of his accusers have been checked out by the FBI.  Put these people, and those who have supported their stories, under oath and penalty of perjury and see what they say.  Then report the facts to the judiciary committee and let them cross examine the witnesses.  

Edited by ctm

2 hours ago, Legaltitan said:

One thing I will say is from everything I know the decision to have this prosecutor ask questions was an excellent choice by Republicans. Can't say politically how it will play out but as far as getting to the truth this was a great move. 

I disagree. It shows the GOP senators are abdicating their responsibility. The dems should hammer them in midterm ads over it. That being said I get why they decided to do it; its a damned if you do, damned if you don't scenario.

22 minutes ago, oldschool said:

I disagree. It shows the GOP senators are abdicating their responsibility. The dems should hammer them in midterm ads over it. That being said I get why they decided to do it; its a damned if you do, damned if you don't scenario.

It's the better of 2 bad choices to go with the ringer questioner.  The optics on the 24/7 news cycle are paramount vs. a muddled message that will either be ignored or riddled with rationalizations.

• 9 Nines changed the title to Kavanaugh