9 Nines

Kavanaugh will probably not be confirmed now

Kavanaugh will be confirmed, have no worries. The Dems wanted one more shot to prove to the voting public why they are a Party of extremists not to be taken seriously and they did so with flying colors. Congrats. 

On 9/16/2018 at 6:51 PM, 9 Nines said:

Assuming Flake is being sincere and it sounds as if he is:

Flake Urges Delay to Senate Vote on Kavanaugh

September 16, 2018 at 7:36 pm EDT By Taegan Goddard Leave a Comment

Sen. Jeff Flake (R-AZ) told the Washington Post that Christine Blasey Ford, who claims that Supreme Court nominee Brett Kavanaugh attempted to rape her while they were in high school, “must be heard” and urged the Senate Judiciary Committee not to vote on Kavanaugh’s nomination until it has a chance to hear more from her.

Said Flake: “I’ve made it clear that I’m not comfortable moving ahead with the vote on Thursday if we have not heard her side of the story or explored this further.”

Flake is one of the committee’s 21 members. Republicans hold a 11-to-10 majority on the panel.

If Flake sticks to his word, then the committee vote would be 11-10 No on sending it to the floor for a vote and Flake would require the accuser be heard.

I suspect if her accusations are true, Kavanaugh, if he has any morals, would step away and give up the position. If he does stick with it, his only chance is if the lady is too timid to come before the Senate because if she does and is credible, it seems hard that Kavanaugh could get all the Republicans votes in the Me-Too movement.  

President Trump is going to go ballistic on Senator Flake. 

Lol

4 minutes ago, Legaltitan said:

Deplorables ... ENGAGE!

We must do everything we can to make sure this boarding school educated, elitist, Washington establishment judge gets on the Supreme Court so he can take care of us regular folks!

Oh really?  How about the libtards have done EVERYTHING to make a shambles of this preceding to the point it looks like a 3rd world country.  Nice try moron. 

It really is funny when you think about it. Trump rides to the white house on the shoulders of the common man, and one of his biggest acts, appointing SCOTUS judge, and he has appointed to guys who went to the same rich elite all boys boarding school in DC. At least Gorsuch left the cozy confines of DC to go west. But fucking Kavanaugh has been an insider swamp creature his whole career.

Other than these two, I don't think there is a single other Judge on the Court that comes from an elitist background. All of them grew up in either humble backgrounds, or at least middle class where they can relate. Kagan is the only one that comes close - I think her dad was a lawyer in NYS and her mom taught school. Roberts, Alito, Sotomayor, Thomas, etc. all have compelling backgrounds.

I think it is important for SCOTUS justices to be able to identify with what regular Americans go through, personally. You can't get any less regular American than Kavanaugh. But OMG he coaches his daughter's soft ball team and hates abortion! That's enough for me!

2 minutes ago, Soxcat said:

Oh really?  How about the libtards have done EVERYTHING to make a shambles of this preceding to the point it looks like a 3rd world country.  Nice try moron. 

I see you are unfamiliar with the Thomas and Bork confirmation hearings.

Third World country. Only thing third world about it is how quickly they have tried to rush this one through.

lol take a deep breath Sox, your anti-abortion elitist Washington swamp creature will slither his way on the Court in the end. You'll see.

I know he will be confirmed.  Either way the left has looked like a bunch of lunatics through this whole thing.

You can argue all you want but your case is lost.  Quit while you are ahead.

By the way, the Dems PAID nit wits to disrupt the hearings.  The entire scene was total BS. 

https://www.washingtontimes.com/news/2018/sep/13/ruth-bader-ginsburg-blasts-brett-kavanaugh-hearing/

29 minutes ago, Legaltitan said:

It really is funny when you think about it. Trump rides to the white house on the shoulders of the common man, and one of his biggest acts, appointing SCOTUS judge, and he has appointed to guys who went to the same rich elite all boys boarding school in DC. At least Gorsuch left the cozy confines of DC to go west. But fucking Kavanaugh has been an insider swamp creature his whole career.

Other than these two, I don't think there is a single other Judge on the Court that comes from an elitist background. All of them grew up in either humble backgrounds, or at least middle class where they can relate. Kagan is the only one that comes close - I think her dad was a lawyer in NYS and her mom taught school. Roberts, Alito, Sotomayor, Thomas, etc. all have compelling backgrounds.

I think it is important for SCOTUS justices to be able to identify with what regular Americans go through, personally. You can't get any less regular American than Kavanaugh. But OMG he coaches his daughter's soft ball team and hates abortion! That's enough for me!

He doesn't believe a sitting president should be investigated, that's the only reason Trump picked him. Funny enough after being all in on the Clinton impeachment 

In the end, the best the Dems can likely hope for is to delay past the midterm elections. That would mean Dem Senators in red states don’t have to be on record voting for or against Trump's candidate. Even if Kavanaugh goes down over this, Trump will just appoint some other conservative justice.

The only exception is if the Dems win a Senate majority in November. It’s unlikely, but not impossible. Then they could refuse to let Trump seat a new justice. And even that would depend on Kavanaugh withdrawing or losing a confirmation vote.

Edited by Starkiller

2 hours ago, OILERMAN said:

He doesn't believe a sitting president should be investigated, that's the only reason Trump picked him. Funny enough after being all in on the Clinton impeachment 

I was trying to think otherwise, but after reading through Woodward's book, I have to agree.  Trump is just blatant, amoral and narcissistic as hell. a 3D chess move for Trump = what's in it for Donald, Donald, and Donald.