Kavanaugh

9 Nines

Assuming Flake is being sincere and it sounds as if he is:

Flake Urges Delay to Senate Vote on Kavanaugh

September 16, 2018 at 7:36 pm EDT By Taegan Goddard Leave a Comment

Sen. Jeff Flake (R-AZ) told the Washington Post that Christine Blasey Ford, who claims that Supreme Court nominee Brett Kavanaugh attempted to rape her while they were in high school, “must be heard” and urged the Senate Judiciary Committee not to vote on Kavanaugh’s nomination until it has a chance to hear more from her.

Said Flake: “I’ve made it clear that I’m not comfortable moving ahead with the vote on Thursday if we have not heard her side of the story or explored this further.”

Flake is one of the committee’s 21 members. Republicans hold a 11-to-10 majority on the panel.

If Flake sticks to his word, then the committee vote would be 11-10 No on sending it to the floor for a vote and Flake would require the accuser be heard.

I suspect if her accusations are true, Kavanaugh, if he has any morals, would step away and give up the position. If he does stick with it, his only chance is if the lady is too timid to come before the Senate because if she does and is credible, it seems hard that Kavanaugh could get all the Republicans votes in the Me-Too movement.  

President Trump is going to go ballistic on Senator Flake. 

Edited by 9 Nines

• Replies 1.6k
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Top Posters In This Topic

Popular Posts

Oh Jake please stop talking about stuff you don't understand it makes me cringe. I really can't bear to see someone embarrass themselves like this. 

When the Republican Party sends its people, they’re not sending the best.   They’re sending people that have lots of problems, and they’re bringing those problems to Washington.  

Posted Images

52 minutes ago, 9 Nines said:

Assuming Flake is being sincere and it sounds as if he is:

Flake Urges Delay to Senate Vote on Kavanaugh

September 16, 2018 at 7:36 pm EDT By Taegan Goddard Leave a Comment

Sen. Jeff Flake (R-AZ) told the Washington Post that Christine Blasey Ford, who claims that Supreme Court nominee Brett Kavanaugh attempted to rape her while they were in high school, “must be heard” and urged the Senate Judiciary Committee not to vote on Kavanaugh’s nomination until it has a chance to hear more from her.

Said Flake: “I’ve made it clear that I’m not comfortable moving ahead with the vote on Thursday if we have not heard her side of the story or explored this further.”

Flake is one of the committee’s 21 members. Republicans hold a 11-to-10 majority on the panel.

If Flake sticks to his word, then the committee vote would be 11-10 No on sending it to the floor for a vote and Flake would require the accuser be heard.

I suspect if her accusations are true, Kavanaugh, if he has any morals, would step away and give up the position. If he does stick with it, his only chance is if the lady is too timid to come before the Senate because if she does and is credible, it seems hard that Kavanaugh could get all the Republicans votes in the Me-Too movement.  

President Trump is going to go ballistic on Senator Flake. 

She told the incident to a therapist and there are therapists notes.  The other man in the room with Cavanaugh isn't exactly what I call a reliable witness either.  Glad to see a Republican with a spine here.  What's interesting is that McConnell told Trump not to nominate Kavanaugh for the Supreme Court Nomination and Trump did it anyway.

Edited by rns90

Kavanaugh might not even remember he tried to rape the lady.  Evidently, by his best high school friend's own book, written previously, Kavanaugh was a rampant lush in high school:

“Some are making a big deal out of the fact that Christine Blasey Ford took a polygraph, and the allegation was deemed credible. This is actually a comparatively weak piece of evidence in Ford’s favor. Lie detectors can be gamed, and the scientific community is conflicted on their overall reliability.”

“But other circumstantial evidence gives some weight to Ford’s claims. Kavanaugh’s friend, Mark Judge, is a conservative commentator who strongly denied Ford’s accusation when it was made anonymously… Judge is also the author of two books that address his own alcoholism throughout his teen years — Wasted: Tales of a Gen X Drunkand God and Man at Georgetown Prep.”

Meanwhile, Mother Jones “suggests that Judge might simply not remember the incident in question. The article also draws attention to another passage from the Georgetown Prep book, in which Judge makes reference to friend, ‘Bart O’Kavanaugh,’ who ‘puked in someone’s car the other night’ and passed out on the way back from a party. And the Georgetown Prep yearbook entry for Kavanaugh makes reference to his membership in the ‘Keg City Club.'”

“That the teenage Kavanaugh was a notorious drinker and party boy while in high school does not confirm what Ford has said about him. But it does make it somewhat easier to believe Ford’s claim.”

As a commentator on that post wrote, Kavanaugh sounds like he is Biff Tannen and Biff Tannen should not be on the US Supreme Court (nor the judgeship he holds now.)

220px-BiffTannenBackToTheFuture1985.jpg

Edited by 9 Nines

She added she did not tell anyone about the attack until 2012 when she brought it up during couples counseling therapy with her husband.

The therapist's notes from the time, seen by the Post, do not mention Kavanaugh by name but otherwise echo the claim, describing an attack by students "from an elitist boys' school" who went on to become "highly respected and high-ranking members of society in Washington."

Notes from a subsequent therapy session a year later describe the attack as a "rape attempt."

- 'An insult to women' -

2 hours ago, Btowner said:

Hold on there with your faux outrage. Did you forget how the Republicans "sat" on Merrick Garland's nomination. Did you proclaim dirty tricks? If you didn't say anything about the Garland nomination, you should really have a bowl of shut it!

Why would i say anything since they were just following the Biden rule.   

• 9 Nines changed the title to Kavanaugh