Sign in to follow this  
Jonboy

Best Coaching Job We've Seen In Years

tgo   
4 minutes ago, OILERMAN said:

Honestly they never relied on him to pass block the way the offense was designed. Anyone could have been at OT with this game plan. 

Sure, all true, but with the lack of quality OTs out there, people will be watching his tape. 

The Chargers already snatched him up last year after we waived him and he had hardly played. 

Edited by tgo

35 minutes ago, NashvilleNinja said:

Last week was the most Twilight Zone days of football I've ever seen. Longest game in NFL history because of those retarded delays. Injuries, injuries, injuries. And we still were within a punch or two of hanging a W up.

Meanwhile Miami did in the Jets, after Darnold looked so good against DET.

The Phins might be better than anyone here gave them credit for.

I gotta watch this game again without the emotion.   I really didn't see it as a great coaching job...I feel like the Texans really blew it more than we won it.

but i have re-watched games before and walked away with a totally different impression

coaches were great.

nitpicky gripes but overall really really good.

id say we shoulda gone back to the wildcat much earlier than we did. probably mid second Q.

i'm not sure we should leave butler on an island much anymore but it was hard for them to know that going into this game.

The only thing that could be construed as an asterisk is the fact that this was Vrabel's old team he coached against. People could say he had somewhat of an inside track on the team so that helped with preparation.

There's probably a little truth to that, but knowing something and being able to execute and capitalize on it are two different things. So it's not much of an asterisk.

1 hour ago, Stranger said:

Thank God he wasn't really going to put Mariota in on running plays. 

Ian Rapoport was being fed bull shit and decided to report it. 

I didn't see the game, but listening on the radio, it sounded as though they played as good a game as possible, especially considering the circumstances. 

Rapaport used to be more reliable but this year he has been whiffing.  Just wanting to be the first to a story I guess.  He was really quick to say when Bell would be back 2 weeks ago and here we are with no Bell

scine09   
1 hour ago, NashvilleNinja said:

The only thing that could be construed as an asterisk is the fact that this was Vrabel's old team he coached against. People could say he had somewhat of an inside track on the team so that helped with preparation.

There's probably a little truth to that, but knowing something and being able to execute and capitalize on it are two different things. So it's not much of an asterisk.

You could make the same argument that O'Brien knows Vrabel as well.

tgo   
1 minute ago, scine09 said:

But not Lafleur. 

scine09   
1 minute ago, tgo said:

But not Lafleur. 

Do you think they win today if Mularkey was still there?  Just curious since you're one of his biggest supporters on the board and have seemed pretty outspoken against the new staff.

OILERMAN   
Just now, scine09 said:

Do you think they win today if Mularkey was still there?  Just curious since you're one of his biggest supporters on the board and have seemed pretty outspoken against the new staff.

Do they win with Mariota?

1 minute ago, scine09 said:

That's probably an even stronger argument in favor of Vrabel. Not only has O'Brien been coaching for a lot longer and not only did he hire Vrabel to work under him, but didn't he also coach against Vrabel as a player every day during practice as the OC for a few years in New England when they were both there?