Best Coaching Job We've Seen In Years

Jonboy

• Replies 111
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Top Posters In This Topic

Popular Posts

Props to Vrabel. Down their top 3 tackles, Pro-Bowl TE, and starting QB. He and the staff put together one of the best game plans we've seen in a long time. Well done.

I agreed with every decision and thought the risk/reward was managed perfectly 

That was the best coached game I've seen for this franchise in years.

Posted Images

The only thing that could be construed as an asterisk is the fact that this was Vrabel's old team he coached against. People could say he had somewhat of an inside track on the team so that helped with preparation.

There's probably a little truth to that, but knowing something and being able to execute and capitalize on it are two different things. So it's not much of an asterisk.

1 hour ago, Stranger said:

Thank God he wasn't really going to put Mariota in on running plays. 

Ian Rapoport was being fed bull shit and decided to report it. 

I didn't see the game, but listening on the radio, it sounded as though they played as good a game as possible, especially considering the circumstances. 

Rapaport used to be more reliable but this year he has been whiffing.  Just wanting to be the first to a story I guess.  He was really quick to say when Bell would be back 2 weeks ago and here we are with no Bell

1 hour ago, NashvilleNinja said:

The only thing that could be construed as an asterisk is the fact that this was Vrabel's old team he coached against. People could say he had somewhat of an inside track on the team so that helped with preparation.

There's probably a little truth to that, but knowing something and being able to execute and capitalize on it are two different things. So it's not much of an asterisk.

You could make the same argument that O'Brien knows Vrabel as well.

Just now, scine09 said:

Do you think they win today if Mularkey was still there?  Just curious since you're one of his biggest supporters on the board and have seemed pretty outspoken against the new staff.

Do they win with Mariota?

1 minute ago, scine09 said:

You could make the same argument that O'Brien knows Vrabel as well.

That's probably an even stronger argument in favor of Vrabel. Not only has O'Brien been coaching for a lot longer and not only did he hire Vrabel to work under him, but didn't he also coach against Vrabel as a player every day during practice as the OC for a few years in New England when they were both there?

9 minutes ago, scine09 said:

Do you think they win today if Mularkey was still there?  Just curious since you're one of his biggest supporters on the board and have seemed pretty outspoken against the new staff.

What? 

I was saying that O’Brien may know Vrabel, but doesn’t know LaFleur. 

How have I been outspoken against the new staff? I said they’ve done excellent. 

I guess I’ve pointed out their lack of experience as a concern but I think they’re doing very well so far. 

I have no idea if Mularkey would’ve won this game. It’s possible with the hyper conservative offensive approach, but very possibly not. 

I’ve also said the offensive system we’re running now is superior to the one we ran before - I said that before preseason even started. 

Edited by tgo

Just now, tgo said:

What? 

I was saying that O’Brien may know Vrabel, but doesn’t know LaFleur. 

How have I been outspoken against the new staff? I said they’ve done excellent. 

I guess I’ve pointed out their lack of experience as a concern but I think they’re doing very well so far. 

I have no idea if Mularkey would’ve won this game. It’s possible with the hyper conservative offensive approach, but very possibly not. 

Maybe I misread you.  It seemed like you've been against Vrabel because of the inexperience the whole time.

My comment wasn't meant as a response to the LaFleur comment.  I probably shouldn't have quoted you.