Schefter reporting Titans still undecided who will start tomorrow, Mariota still can't grip the ball normally

AussieTitanFan08

• Replies 84
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Popular Days

Top Posters In This Topic

Popular Posts

I'm really disappointed in what's become of this board. There's no more good football conversation anymore, just as you said, people wanting to be on the "right side".  

I don't understand why there is a decision to be made here, if Mariota can't grip the ball normally he shouldn't be considered fit to play.   I also don't understand why a veteran QB wasn't 

No shot at you, but this is great example of what this board has deteriorated to.  Wanting to be on the right side of “player X sucks” debate is way too important for way too many people.  

Sounds like it will be Gabbert for most of the game to me.

Is this an injury that could likely get worse? if not, I guess there's no harm trying to get MM going but expect he'll struggle. Probably still a better plan than Gabbert all the way.

Going to be an ugly one.

14 minutes ago, KingTitan8 said:

I don’t understand why we wouldn’t bring up a 3rd QB. It makes no sense 

10 minutes ago, Jonboy said:

This. 

Seems like a massive blunder given what Schefter is reporting. 

There's only one reason, and it probably carries an addendum.

There's only one QB with a sound grasp of the playbook.  Falk is gone, and he's the only other one besides Marcus and Gabbert that had the playbook since OTAs.

There's only one QB that can read the pre-snap defensive alignments and change into a playcall with a good chance of succeeding.

It's a new system, and not everyone has it down yet.  But I'll wager he does.

He's changed to the right run plays in the past, and he can (hopefully) still grip the ball well enough to make the handoff.

If Gabbert struggles, and they call on him, expect Marcus to operate a very run-heavy offense tomorrow.

I think we’d be better off starting Spain at one of the OT spots and then Levin at guard, which I’m sure others have already mentioned. I seem to remember Spain having to play some left tackle for us when Lewan was hurt and filling in fine? False memory?

Edited by TeamRamrod27