• Replies 48
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Top Posters In This Topic

Popular Posts

As long as he doesn't get tackled and has a tingling sensation in his toes

My tingling was not at the toes.

I wish that Mariota was just barely mobile.  It would force them to let him become a pure passer, like Whisenhunt was doing.  His mobility hurts him more than helps him because it gets these coaches t

Posted Images

34 minutes ago, tgo said:

They key will be Lewan and Mariota. 

Landry won't make much difference, they'll be playing contain against Watson on the outside edges and not going full bore rushing the passer on the edges. 

Evans will help though. 

I didn’t see any of the highlights of that game. Did he run much? I assume he’s not the same runner at this stage as he was last year?

13 hours ago, JakePA_Titan said:

See no one talking about Davis and his hammy ending up back on the Injury Report....

Lost Walker, still no Conklin, maybe no Lewan.

But a so so Mariota and two rookies is what has ppl optimistic about a win. Lmao.

The homer yoddling already starting. 

All good, get your hopes up.

Davis hammy is fine 

13 minutes ago, oldschool said:

You made a joke but it's seriously the biggest concern we should have about Mariota.

For sure, I am worried that Oman was actually right with how often this offense was designed in ways that emphasize Mariota's ability to be a running threat and just be put in harm's way WAYYYY too often.

Vrabel wasn't aware that the QB faking the run on an RPO meant that he could be hit and not be a penalty (as long as it's not low or with a helmet), I just hope that Lafluer wasn't thinking the same thing too and they have to scrap most of the playbook just after one week.

1 minute ago, wiscotitansfan said:

For sure, I am worried that Oman was actually right with how often this offense was designed in ways that emphasize Mariota's ability to be a running threat and just be put in harm's way WAYYYY too often.

Vrabel wasn't aware that the QB faking the run on an RPO meant that he could be hit and not be a penalty (as long as it's not low or with a helmet), I just hope that Lafluer wasn't thinking the same thing too and they have to scrap most of the playbook just after one week.

Not sure if Oman pays attention to the rest of the league but many offenses use the RPO as a way to keep defenses honest even though the qb isnt really a runner. That's what I'd like to see out of Lafluer. The idea using rpos means you dont have confidence in your QBs passing ability is myth. I hate the rpo but its here to stay.