Random thoughts after a few days away

Jamalisms

• Replies 44
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Top Posters In This Topic

Popular Posts

I wanted to be able to take time before I really expressed much on this game, so I haven't visited the message board since before the game. In some ways, this allowed me to clear my head and take (in

Stay on the break.    Nothing worth a damn to see here.    All the good stuff is diluted to the same conversations with the same people as it’s been all offseason     

I’m just ready for Sunday. This week has been an unbearable week for TR freak outs. Maybe the worst one I’ve experienced in the decade + I’ve been around here. 

Posted Images

4 hours ago, 8MM said:

Yeah to you and a lot of mainlanders.  Not to those in Hawaii and Asia.  Humble and humility is what counts here.

What football that matters though is in Hawaii and Asia? Yes I know, ironically the pro-bowl which is usually the best, most arrogant players in the league!

Having bravado and smack talking isn't a bad thing in pro sports, it's just when you can't back it up that it's an issue... Such as an "almost" pick.

7 hours ago, patsplat said:

Barack.

Obama.

7 hours ago, OILERMAN said:

Kenyan born and bred though, Hawaii gets no credit for him!

I remember a very early radio interview on 104.5 The Zone asked Mariota if he was the most well known Hawaiian and he was like “well that would probably be the President.”

i think it was 3hl which wouldn’t surprise me if they were birthers. 

15 hours ago, JakePA_Titan said:

What does almost mean?

Because he also almost deflected a pure incompletion into the hands of a WR who might have took it the distance had he been ready for it.

But in other words, he got a deflection? Great. Really made all the difference! Thats what top 5 safeties should be doing!

Yes, a pass defended is a very important stat. Corners get more of them naturally but guess who the only safety in the top 20 in passes defended last year was? 

He also tied for the league lead in picks last year AND, what I think may be the most important stat, % of passes thrown into his coverage that were either picked or broken up. He had 31%. PFF measures this & hes 5th highest since '06 on the list but has the most since '09, which makes sense because it's much harder to play the pass now. The top 4 were all from '06-'09.

Jake I know you're trolling but the art of being a troll is knowing when you can win. This is one where you can't. You have zero numbers to back you up, you've been totally owned. Please, just graciously bow out already. You've been a punching bag on this topic for a year now.