Sign in to follow this  
Rolltide

Remembering 9/11/2001....

2 hours ago, Starkiller said:

The problem is it isn’t shtick... he really thinks that way...

About half the country thinks that way. So what was in that response to your friend boink that you disagree with? 

Milo Yiannopoulos is openly gay and part Jewish and your libtard heroes try to ban him from speaking on college campuses. Threaten him with violence. 

This is not a fucking joke. Without civil liberties your party is pure shit!

20 minutes ago, Rolltide said:

It's truth moron. Libturds, your heroes ARE as a matter of fact trying to squelch speech in college campuses around this country. If you are totally ignorant of that then you are a dumb fuck!

Brian Selter(CNN fake news asshole) tried to get Trump banned from Twitter. What fucking Stalinist tries to get the president of the USA banned from tweeting?

You said something stupid Boink and I handed right back at you. Keep it up. 

You apparently don't really get what free speech is or how it works. Free speech does not mean that you can just say whatever the fuck you want in whatever setting you want without consequences. It does mean the government will not punish you for your speech. 

Here's what happens to conservatives viewpoints re:speech on campus:

1) Action is taken by the university in the case of hate speech. This is due to the university's code of conduct, something you agree to when you enroll in a university. This usually happens when someone does something like wear blackface in a viral video. Not a lot of sympathy. 

2) Public opinion rejects them. Conservatives feel silenced or feel like their professors don't respect their conservative viewpoints. Sorry, but tough shit. No one is obligated to like or agree with your viewpoints. Your free speech isn't being violated if you are told that global warming is a thing in a biology class. 

Honestly, you need to do more research as to what speech is happening on or in a college campus. When I was in college the "abortion is genocide group" was able to display whatever they wanted and people handed out bibles daily. Just because you "feel" silenced because your opinion is being rejected doesn't mean the government is silencing you. And when you use hate speech and violate the code of conduct you are responsible to, you agreed to that behavior. Same as the workplace. 

What's clear as day, however, is you are fine with an administration who openly disparages news and journalism and who lies on an unprecedented pace. You are completely fine with a president who constantly attacks critics and uses his office to punish those who speak out against him--this is a violation of free speech. 

Congress shall make no law respecting an establishment of religion, or prohibiting the free exercise thereof; or abridging the freedom of speech, or of the press; or the right of the people peaceably to assemble, and to petition the Government for a redress of grievances.

9 minutes ago, Bink said:

You apparently don't really get what free speech is or how it works. Free speech does not mean that you can just say whatever the fuck you want in whatever setting you want without consequences. It does mean the government will not punish you for your speech. 

And that is the problem with the left.  They will try to argue that their version of hate speech is what should be banned.   Only from the left do they try to make laws against Christians speaking out against homosexuality, all under the guise of hate speech.   Also we see that similar groups from the left make hateful talk like Alex Jones, but they don't get banned.   It's called selected outrage.   

Last thing we want is the left policing this area, as they continually show how utterly biased and intolerant they are.

3 minutes ago, Little Earl said:

And that is the problem with the left.  They will try to argue that their version of hate speech is what should be banned.   Only from the left do they try to make laws against Christians speaking out against homosexuality, all under the guise of hate speech.   Also we see that similar groups from the left make hateful talk like Alex Jones, but they don't get banned.   It's called selected outrage.   

Last thing we want is the left policing this area, as they continually show how utterly biased and intolerant they are.

Feel free to show me a single person on the left spouting similar bullshit as Alex Jones. Don’t go to some random YouTuber. Find me someone with a million plus following. I’ll wait. 

13 minutes ago, Little Earl said:

I already gave an example where someone was allowed on my college campus to show up with a uniquely conservative message and express their opinion. Abortion is genocide, where they showed up with large billboards of a fetus next to a photo of a lynching or the Holocaust. 

Show me where Congress has made any law forbidding anyone from speaking out against homosexuality. 

Show me ANY law introduced by a legitimate liberal congressperson making simply speaking out against homosexuality a crime. 

And that is the problem with you. You actually lack awareness about what is going on. You just say whatever you want and to believe and feel and in your worldview, that is true. 

Twitter is not congress. Youtube is not congress. Kicking Alex Jones off their platform is not a violation of his speech because they ultimately have control over the platform they created. 

What you are seeing is that your cultural values no longer have the capital they used to and are being rejected by society, not the government. Conservatives try to boycott, protest, do this or that over speech all the time. 

23 hours ago, Justafan said:

If you have a problem with Maxine Waters then criticize Maxine Waters.  Taking out your frustration on random people on the internet who may or MAY NOT support Maxine Waters is not productive.  You assume they support Maxine Waters and that is the problem in a nutshell.  

If someone posts something about Maxine Waters and says "this is awesome", then sure, okay criticize away.  Until then, this is just you taking every shot you can to discredit someone not because of their support for someone you consider to be bad but instead because you assume you know their stance and their opinion when you don't and you have pre-judged them based on that.

Jake posts dumb stuff from various people all the time and gets killed for it but he deserves that.  Posting something about Maxine Waters and then saying all you "libtards" is the same says more about you than the people you are trying to attack.

Last, I think you're better than this but you get caught up in it like many others, including myself.  My comments were directed more towards the OP rather than some of the other stuff in this thread and perhaps I should have communicated that more clearly.  

Dude they all do that. Rolltide and Sox are the worst about it. They hate something then assume if you lean left politically that you automatically agree with what they hate and start their strawman arguments while putting words in your mouth the entire time.

They fabricate arguments to argue against what they think you think. It is fucking embarrassing. 

Edited by WG53

9 hours ago, Soxcat said:

Not sure why he would lie about this right after 9/11 happened.  He wasn't running for public office then.  He certainly may have paid people to help in the rescue.  And he may have gone close to the scene (I doubt he got dirty or was even allowed to get that close).  I bet there is more truth to what he is saying that Hillary being under sniper fire after she got out of a helo.  Either way it is the same double standard. 

Couldn't help it huh? 

But Hillary!

1 hour ago, Bink said:

Here's what happens to conservatives viewpoints re:speech on campus:

1) Action is taken by the university in the case of hate speech. This is due to the university's code of conduct, something you agree to when you enroll in a university. This usually happens when someone does something like wear blackface in a viral video. Not a lot of sympathy. 

2) Public opinion rejects them. Conservatives feel silenced or feel like their professors don't respect their conservative viewpoints. Sorry, but tough shit. No one is obligated to like or agree with your viewpoints. Your free speech isn't being violated if you are told that global warming is a thing in a biology class. 

Honestly, you need to do more research as to what speech is happening on or in a college campus. When I was in college the "abortion is genocide group" was able to display whatever they wanted and people handed out bibles daily. Just because you "feel" silenced because your opinion is being rejected doesn't mean the government is silencing you. And when you use hate speech and violate the code of conduct you are responsible to, you agreed to that behavior. Same as the workplace. 

What's clear as day, however, is you are fine with an administration who openly disparages news and journalism and who lies on an unprecedented pace. You are completely fine with a president who constantly attacks critics and uses his office to punish those who speak out against him--this is a violation of free speech. 

Congress shall make no law respecting an establishment of religion, or prohibiting the free exercise thereof; or abridging the freedom of speech, or of the press; or the right of the people peaceably to assemble, and to petition the Government for a redress of grievances.

It's not hate speech you moron to not be a libtard. These are not people going to universities calling blacks "nigger". These are normal conservatives like  Ben Shapiro or Dinesh D'souza. One who is Jewish and wears a yamaka and the other who was born in India and they are banned from speaking based on the claim they are white supremacists or Nazis. They call Ben Shapiro a Nazi!

The other tactic used by your asshole heroes is to riot and break things so the school cancels a speaking engagement based on this idea they cannot afford to protect the speaker. 

Trump has not disparaged any journalism he disparages so called news that is an activist group for the democrat party. CNN and MSNBC is not journalism. 

This is due to the university's code of conduct, something you agree to when you enroll in a university.

So it is university policy to not be a conservative or a libertarian? They do not ban libtard speech. 

4 minutes ago, WG53 said:

Dude they all do that. Rolltide and Sox are the worst about it. They hate something then assume if you lean left politically that you automatically agree with what they hate and start their strawman arguments whole putting words in your mouth the entire time.

They fabricate arguments to argue against what they think you think. It is fucking embarrassing. 

You all suffer from Trump derangement syndrome. If you want to bash Maxine nobody is stopping you for doing it. So show me the post?

5 hours ago, Bink said:

Right. You are really showing the depth of your perspective here. Keep enjoying the sad little world you've conjured for yourself. 

Right. They hate facts. So of course they attack universities. Facts aren't friends of the right.

1 minute ago, Rolltide said:

You all suffer from Trump derangement syndrome. If you want to bash Maxine nobody is stopping you for doing it. So show me the post?

Here we go again with more nonsensical bullshit. Learn to fucking read. Seriously.

I have yet to say any single thing about Waters but you are already waiting to put your words in other's mouths about her.

11 minutes ago, WG53 said:

Right. They hate facts. So of course they attack universities. Facts aren't friends of the right.

Everything I said was fact. What facts do I hate?

https://www.dailysignal.com/2016/02/26/campus-protesters-try-to-silence-conservative-speaker-demand-college-presidents-resignation/

https://www.sanluisobispo.com/opinion/opn-columns-blogs/andrea-seastrand/article150420152.html

https://www.businessinsider.com/list-of-disinvited-speakers-at-colleges-2016-7

https://www.nationalreview.com/2018/02/free-speech-college-campuses-legislation-ensure-it/

https://www.washingtontimes.com/news/2015/dec/4/madison-gesiotto-liberals-attempt-silence-conserva/

Liberals claim to be proponents of diversity, but repeatedly expose themselves as hypocrites by opposing diversity of thought and belief.

They are intolerant of people who express views not in line with the apparently settled liberal worldview.

And, those who hold views that are not consistent with this settled liberal worldview, usually conservatives, are quickly branded as racists, bigots and misogynists.

These nasty, and usually untrue, labels are used to shut down conversations and stifle free speech.

Your buddy claimed that dems owned diversity and free speech and they are any but tolerant of that.  

Edited by Rolltide

According to dink if you are a conservative kid you have no right to speak what you believe or hear speakers who agree with you in college. They will let Farrakhan and his ilk speak. They will let 9/11 truthers speak. They will let climate change frauds speak. No conservatives!