Sign in to follow this  
Rolltide

Remembering 9/11/2001....

The way you fucking morons think about 9/11 or really anything that goes on in this country enables the worst of our nature. I'm over you fake ass patriotism--the people who hate America's greatest values (diversity, progress, freedom of ideas and speech) are you. Now, I'm not talking about conservatives, liberals, people who hate Trump or love him. 

I'm talking about you, those who view 9/11 of all things through the same broken ass spectrum of partisan politics. In this case, the only values you in particular even have left are hating liberals and your own confused sense of anger you can't shape over your inability to deal with the culture you live in and the country ours is becoming. Congratulations, you are a shell of a person. 

If we really want to do service to our memory of 9/11, we need to learn from it. 9/11 has been used as a blank check to do some fucked up shit, and that's something we should be questioning--that doesn't make anyone left of a patriot. 

Here, read something worthwhile. 

http://proxy.espn.com/espn/page2/story?id=1250751

https://www.rollingstone.com/culture/culture-news/david-foster-wallace-on-9-11-as-seen-from-the-midwest-242422/

Or go back to jacking off over whatever shitty facebook meme has formed your latest opinion. Whatever. 

7 hours ago, Justafan said:

This is the stupid shit that is destroying America. “Two America’s!” Blah blah blah. Here’s a clue, 9-11 happened in NYC for the most part. All of those people you just applauded... most of them were probably liberals.

contrary to your dumb as fuck opinion, it is actually possible to love America and be a liberal. This idea that we can shade 50% of the country with one brush (either side) is dumb as hell and needs to stop.

You will have to forgive @Rolltide. Lack of self awareness is one of his character flaws. He remembers 9/11 by referencing an Obama speech.

Did he choose the 2004 speech where Obama had the following lines?

It is that fundamental belief -- it is that fundamental belief -- I am my brother's keeper, I am my sisters' keeper -- that makes this country work.

(APPLAUSE)

OBAMA: It's what allows us to pursue our individual dreams, yet still come together as a single American family: "E pluribus unum," out of many, one.

Now even as we speak, there are those who are preparing to divide us, the spin masters and negative ad peddlers who embrace the politics of anything goes.

Well, I say to them tonight, there's not a liberal America and a conservative America; there's the United States of America.

(APPLAUSE)

There's not a black America and white America and Latino America and Asian America; there's the United States of America.

(APPLAUSE)

The pundits, the pundits like to slice and dice our country into red states and blue States: red states for Republicans, blue States for Democrats. But I've got news for them, too. We worship an awesome God in the blue states, and we don't like federal agents poking around our libraries in the red states.

We coach little league in the blue states and, yes, we've got some gay friends in the red states.

(APPLAUSE)

There are patriots who opposed the war in Iraq, and there are patriots who supported the war in Iraq.

We are one people, all of us pledging allegiance to the stars and stripes, all of us defending the United States of America.

http://www.washingtonpost.com/wp-dyn/articles/A19751-2004Jul27.html

6 hours ago, Soxcat said:

Liberals are the ones void of ideas and trying to divide the country.  And what is dumb as fuck is libs are too fucking stupid to even see it.  Go suck the tits of Maxine Waters.  Damn right libtards can be painted with a brush.  The vast majority of you are clearly in some kind of trance and not thinking clearly.  Oh, I mentioned Maxine because our libtard friends in the media and on this board see nothing wrong with her stance or opinion.  Hell, she could be a hero.  Talk about low IQ.  I can't even imagine how the media and libtards would be reacting if a conservative was that lunatic.  But hey, everyone needs their heroes.  

Or how about the upper echelon of our FBI?  Is that the kind of non-sense you fight for in the military?  So we can have a 3rd world justice system?  Really?  But hey, nothing wrong with that.  Strzok is a hero as well.  Sorry bud but the shit on the left stinks to high heaven.  But hey, vote for Hillary, the shittiest of them all.  Or maybe you can support that pervert Biden.  Or the former Indian who lies about her heritage.  You are all scum.  You even screw your own.  Ask crazy Bernie. 

Oh yea, the liberal shit is ruining this country.  You can't win with ideas so you have to smear and cheat.  Sorry but it has back fired and expect to be disappointed again in the elections coming up.  The general population can smell the shit.  http://lunaticsasylum.blogspot.com/2013/12/145-reasons-why-liberals-suck.html

GOP ran on repealing and replacing the ACA for eight years. Where are the ideas for replacing or even an alternative to the ACA. As for character, tell us what redeeming Trump characteristic you would want your children or grandchildren to emulate. Go ahead.

It's hilarious how people like @Soxcat have selective amnesia. They forget all the things their side of the aisle did during the Obama years. They forget the vitriol, nastiness, obstructionism and hatred they spewed on a daily basis.

@Soxcat, look in your documents or photo folder. I bet you have an offensive Obama meme in that folder. For old time sake, open it and get a laugh because your "holier than thou" attempt is not only lame, but disingenuous.

55 minutes ago, Btowner said:

You will have to forgive @Rolltide. Lack of self awareness is one of his character flaws. He remembers 9/11 by referencing an Obama speech.

Did he choose the 2004 speech where Obama had the following lines?

It is that fundamental belief -- it is that fundamental belief -- I am my brother's keeper, I am my sisters' keeper -- that makes this country work.

(APPLAUSE)

OBAMA: It's what allows us to pursue our individual dreams, yet still come together as a single American family: "E pluribus unum," out of many, one.

Now even as we speak, there are those who are preparing to divide us, the spin masters and negative ad peddlers who embrace the politics of anything goes.

Well, I say to them tonight, there's not a liberal America and a conservative America; there's the United States of America.

(APPLAUSE)

There's not a black America and white America and Latino America and Asian America; there's the United States of America.

(APPLAUSE)

The pundits, the pundits like to slice and dice our country into red states and blue States: red states for Republicans, blue States for Democrats. But I've got news for them, too. We worship an awesome God in the blue states, and we don't like federal agents poking around our libraries in the red states.

We coach little league in the blue states and, yes, we've got some gay friends in the red states.

(APPLAUSE)

There are patriots who opposed the war in Iraq, and there are patriots who supported the war in Iraq.

We are one people, all of us pledging allegiance to the stars and stripes, all of us defending the United States of America.

http://www.washingtonpost.com/wp-dyn/articles/A19751-2004Jul27.html

Amen.  

Lying about helping look for survivors on 9/11 might be one of the more despicable lies yet.  But hey sure, tell me more about how liberals are despicable people who only care about themselves at the expense of the country.

I'm not a liberal for the record (again) but this sort of grandstanding is everything that is wrong with politics today.  It makes me sick.  I have no problems calling out an individual for their failings.  It's when you try to paint everyone who is a Republican as Donald Trump or everyone who is Liberal as a communist when I have no more patience for you.

Not sure why he would lie about this right after 9/11 happened.  He wasn't running for public office then.  He certainly may have paid people to help in the rescue.  And he may have gone close to the scene (I doubt he got dirty or was even allowed to get that close).  I bet there is more truth to what he is saying that Hillary being under sniper fire after she got out of a helo.  Either way it is the same double standard. 

52 minutes ago, ctm said:

He also claimed he saw Muslims in NJ celebrating.  Another lie.

He also lied about losing hundreds of friends and made the claim that his building was now the tallest in Manhattan.

10 minutes ago, ctm said:

Trump doesn't need a motivation to lie.  That's obvious by the fact he does it daily.  It's who he is.

Trump really doesn't consider it lying, imo.  He is continuously telling a story of himself and he just makes stuff up and with all the enablers around him, he essentially starts to believe some of it.  It's the closest thing i have seen to emperor has no clothes. "A lot of people like me and agree with me, so how can I be wrong?  And if you disagree -- it's your fault, your problem, there are worse things, etc.  You are wrong and attacking me. RAGE"  Truth just doesn't matter in the Trump bubble.