Who would you drop for Conner?

abenjami

Conner is available in one of my leagues and I plan to submit a waiver wire bid for him.  I'm having trouble deciding who to drop if I win the bid.  Who would you drop between these guys:

Ajayi

Dion Lewis

Sonny Michel

Aaron Jones

p.s. Due to roster rules, I have to drop an RB to pickup an RB...

Here is my case for each guy...

Ajayi - Looks to be the main back and he looked good in week #1.  Won't be a true #1 stud fantasy RB due to sharing time with other backs, but should put up consistent fantasy points every week.

Lewis - Pretty much the same case as Ajayi.

Michel - This would have been an easy drop a few days ago.  But now Jeremy Hill is done for the year with an ACL tear.  I think Michel will be the 1-2 down guy and the goal line back when he starts to play.  Also, I have to believe if the Pats spent a first round pick on this guy, they are going to give him lots of touches.

Aaron Jones - I think he's the best RB in Green Bay.  I think he has the highest ceiling of any of these guys but certainly he's not a sure thing.

Conner - Picking him up could backfire long term if Bell signs his tender.  But it's hard to pass on a guy who will instantly become the best RB on my team for as long as Bell stays out.  A little worried about him being useless come fantasy playoff time though.

4 minutes ago, abenjami said:

Here is my case for each guy...

Ajayi - Looks to be the main back and he looked good in week #1.  Won't be a true #1 stud fantasy RB due to sharing time with other backs, but should put up consistent fantasy points every week.

Lewis - Pretty much the same case as Ajayi.

Michel - This would have been an easy drop a few days ago.  But now Jeremy Hill is done for the year with an ACL tear.  I think Michel will be the 1-2 down guy and the goal line back when he starts to play.  Also, I have to believe if the Pats spent a first round pick on this guy, they are going to give him lots of touches.

Aaron Jones - I think he's the best RB in Green Bay.  I think he has the highest ceiling of any of these guys but certainly he's not a sure thing.

Conner - Picking him up could backfire long term if Bell signs his tender.  But it's hard to pass on a guy who will instantly become the best RB on my team for as long as Bell stays out.  A little worried about him being useless come fantasy playoff time though.

Interesting. Both Pats and Packers have a lot of guys who are gonna be involved. Feel like all things considered if you really feel like Jones is going to win that job isn't he better than a Patriots RB? That said, Michel was a major investment...

7 minutes ago, Bink said:

Interesting. Both Pats and Packers have a lot of guys who are gonna be involved. Feel like all things considered if you really feel like Jones is going to win that job isn't he better than a Patriots RB? That said, Michel was a major investment...

This is why I think it's a no brainer.. The only reason Aaron Jones was selected was because the team figured the value was too good there.... They took a RB that same draft 50 picks earlier where the value for Jones wasn't worth it?

1 minute ago, wiscotitansfan said:

This is why I think it's a no brainer.. The only reason Aaron Jones was selected was because the team figured the value was too good there.... They took a RB that same draft 50 picks earlier where the value for Jones wasn't worth it?

Right and it just never seems like the Packers RB is that involved. A-Rod is just gonna dump it in the endzone. 

2 minutes ago, Bink said:

Right and it just never seems like the Packers RB is that involved. A-Rod is just gonna dump it in the endzone. 

This hasn't always been true in the past though.  Other backs have had good fantasy seasons when the Packers actually had someone, like Eddie Lacy.

18 minutes ago, wiscotitansfan said:

I don't understand this.  Aaron Jones was drafted in 2017.  Michel was drafted in 2018.  They weren't in the same draft.

2 hours ago, abenjami said:

I don't understand this.  Aaron Jones was drafted in 2017.  Michel was drafted in 2018.  They weren't in the same draft.

Jamaal Williams 4th Round 2017, Jones 5th round 2017.... Packers clearly think Williams is the guy that fits the team more

2 hours ago, wiscotitansfan said:

Jamaal Williams 4th Round 2017, Jones 5th round 2017.... Packers clearly think Williams is the guy that fits the team more

Williams is expected to be the guy based on what I've read and from talking to Packers fans. Is that not the case? I'd cut Jones or Michel; pick your poison.

16 minutes ago, oldschool said:

Williams is expected to be the guy based on what I've read and from talking to Packers fans. Is that not the case? I'd cut Jones or Michel; pick your poison.

That the case, though Jones flashes enough that boost assume the Packers will switch eventually. It's people not listening to the team.

Archived