I do think it's too early to completely panic

OILERMAN

The team will settle in and get some injured people back and Mariota will have games where he doesn't completely kill the team. 

They need to feature Lewis and get both OTs back. They have to get a real running game going and get into more manageable situations. 

As far as Delanie Walker. Jonnu Smith has been a bit miscast playing as the inline blocker and taking over the H-back role might really help him out. He won't replace Walker but he could be OK. 

Getting the defense healthy and into the scheme will also help. 

This stuff is never as bad(or as good) as it seems. 

• Replies 72
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Top Posters In This Topic

Popular Posts

Finally caught up on the entire game now that the condensed replay is up. I mostly watched the offense.    - Prior to the elbow injury, any Mariota criticisms are really nitpicky. Probably t

Lewis is so much better on a down to down basis it's ridiculous. He led the RB's in DVOA for FO last year & led the league in YPC.  It's not even close.   Henry does break a lot of long

Interesting since you are panicking over Mariota.

Just now, oldschool said:

Interesting since you are panicking over Mariota.

I'm not panicking over Mariota. We're stuck with him and he is what he is.They can win games if things go well and he doesn't kill them 

On the upside, they were going to struggle to win the next 3 games anyway. Now they can get some time to get their act together.

On the downside, they really needed to beat Miami as it was their most winnable game of the first 4. Starting out 0-4 would be pretty terrible.

16 minutes ago, Starkiller said:

If panic means going from expecting to be a playoff competitor to no longer expecting to be a playoff competitor then I think it’s a perfect time to panic...

giphy.gif

Never was expecting playoff contention personally. 

So you saw a team that was totally lost and in disarray Sunday, stop with the exaggeration. Its like you purposely come in here to fan the flames of disarray if anything. But you start a Topic called it to early to panic lol, that's exactly what you do most of the time.

Edited by Huston

3 minutes ago, Huston said:

So you saw a team that was totally lost and in disarray Sunday, stop with the exaggeration. Its like you purposely come in here to fan the flames of disarray if anything. But you start a Topic called it to early to panic lol, that's exactly what you most of the time.

Yes, they were lost in many cases

If pointing out what's going on and watching it unfold before our eyes is fanning the flames then I'm guilty. 

Just now, OILERMAN said:

Yes, they were lost in many cases

If pointing out what's going on and watching it unfold before our eyes is fanning the flames then I'm guilty. 

If the situation is as bad as it seems I don't see why it isn't possible we do poorly enough to have a high draft pick to spend on a top rated QB next year. Why wouldn't we do that if the staff knows Mariota is bad and we have a top pick..?

Just now, Titans279 said:

If the situation is as bad as it seems I don't see why it isn't possible we do poorly enough to have a high draft pick to spend on a top rated QB next year. 

If they finish poorly enough and their is a top QB available I'm sure that will be a consideration. For them to be in that position it would mean Mariota had a pretty bad season.