Time to find something else to do on Sundays

scine09

• Replies 82
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Top Posters In This Topic

Popular Posts

I've felt this way for a while.  This isn't a direct reaction to what happened yesterday although it didn't help.  I am quite frankly sick of the league and sick of what it means to follow the league.

The refs really ruined the game for me.  To see Henry's run called back was one thing... but that it was holding on a guy getting face-masked?  Terrible fucking call.

Scine hit a few key points but the "taking my ball and going home" bit is a little much. The NFL has to do something about the quality of officiating across the league. Its absurd. Injuries are going

1 minute ago, japan said:

scine needs to back off the ledge.  I suggest you stay away from the chats and now probably the gameday thread.  And maybe start off by only coming to the board if we win.

Not a bad idea.  But how do you just completely avoid it?  It's not just this board.  You can't go on a sports site nowaways without complete overreactions.

2 minutes ago, terradawg said:

Ive had similar thoughts about the league the last few years. I quit watching NBA because the refs have such an influence on the game. The NFL has become the same. 

I don't watch the NBA because I don't like the league but I feel like refs have less impact just because there's so many points scored.  A bad call isn't going to change the game as much.  But when you have 7 or 8 scoring drives the entire game and one of them is completely wiped out by a horrendous call, that's a big deal.  And there's not enough games in the season where a blown call can just be pushed away as human error.

Edited by scine09

4 minutes ago, CreepingDeath said:

Yesterday's game made my decision regarding Sunday Ticket easy.  What a waste of a day.  I might do Game Pass if the team ever clicks offensively.

That's the thing.  You can get rid of Sunday Ticket and if the game goes well just watch it the next day on game pass.  And if it doesn't I'm sure you did something a lot better than suffer through the garbage we saw yesterday.

2 minutes ago, oldschool said:

Scine hit a few key points but the "taking my ball and going home" bit is a little much. The NFL has to do something about the quality of officiating across the league. Its absurd. Injuries are going to kill the game to and I believe the uptick in injuries is directly related to the NFL ceding padded practices to the NFLPA during the last CBA negotiations. Lastly if losses stay with you beyond a day or two then you need to reevaluate your life. We aren't kids anymore. Does your life really change week to based on whether the Titans lose? Mine doesn't.

If losses didn't sit with me I wouldn't care and probably wouldn't even watch much to begin with.  It's just the way I am.  If I'm passionate about something it's hard to just turn it on and off.  

I'd say probably by Wednesday it starts to wear off.

1 hour ago, patsplat said:

The refs really ruined the game for me.  To see Henry's run called back was one thing... but that it was holding on a guy getting face-masked?  Terrible fucking call.

Did Walker get face-masked?  It was obvious, Yes.  Did Walker hold before that happened?  I honestly couldn't tell because his left arm/hand were out of the picture on the replay I saw.  If Walker did hold, the play still comes back but the penalties offset.

Edited by ctm

2 minutes ago, ctm said:

Did Walker get face-masked?  It was obvious, Yes.  Did Walker hold before that happened?  I honestly couldn't tell because his left arm/hand were out of the picture on the replay I saw.  JMO

He has a handful of jersey as he was being facemasked.

1 hour ago, scine09 said:

- Injuries galore.  Yes, I know that this is what football is.  Any play someone can get hurt.  But it's gotten worse.  The quality of play is not even close to what it was in the 90's and early 2000's, when to me the NFL was at its best.  The struggles of the Titans to me are a byproduct of just not enough practice time.  And that's true pretty much of all these teams.  I watched other games yesterday and the quality of play was just as bad as what we witnessed.  It's a poor league.  Not a poor game because I think college football is actually fun to watch.

The NFL is still trying to figure out what to do with the offseason and all these CBA agreements on limiting practice and contact. It will get better as the season goes on