nine

How about the horrible officiating?

OILERMAN   
45 minutes ago, nine said:

Vrabel doesn't strike me as the "Oh woe is me, bad calls cost us the game" type.    It's not his style, and he knows it's not true.   They lost the game because the other team played better;  he knows it and assumed all responsibility for the loss.   But the fact is, the game was very poorly officiated....and even worse,  most of those mistakes and blown calls benefited a single team.  The nature and timing of these calls dramatically impacted the game's momentum and flow;  one could even argue that they influenced the outcome of the game.

Vrabel seems like a pretty pragmatic guy.   He wants everyone to do their jobs correctly...and that includes NFL game officials.   He knows Boger's crew did a shit job of officiating the game....but he's not allowed to say that.   He can only state the facts:  the team submitted 10 plays to the league, 8 of which were confirmed to be incorrect calls.

Vrabel can't make the officials do their jobs;   he's not even allowed to voice criticism for an obviously abysmal performance by the officiating crew.  All he can do is release the facts and increase pressure on the league to up its game and find a way to improve the quality of officiating.

Maybe the league will give him some kind of trophy 

ctm   
46 minutes ago, OILERMAN said:

That would be an absolute shit show, no way would they do that 

I agree the league would never do it and it would be absolutely hell for the refs to answer questions.  But how else are you going to increase accountability for refs and improve performance?  

I kind of hope we win based on a horrible call by the refs.

I wonder how many around here continue to bitch about it....

Or will they then say we won because we outplayed them and are just the better team?

nine   
15 minutes ago, JakePA_Titan said:

I kind of hope we win based on a horrible call by the refs.

I wonder how many around here continue to bitch about it....

Or will they then say we won because we outplayed them and are just the better team?

I seem to recall this happening a few years ago.....the tables were turned, and the Titans won a game due in part to some terrible blown calls by the officials.

The general consensus was "Yeah, the officials were terrible and made some horrible calls....but the Titans were still the better team and won.  We'll take it."

I suspect the Dolphins fans probably felt the same way last week.  There's no denying that Boger's crew sucks....but the Dolphins were clearly the better team on Sunday and a win is a win.

If anyone cares, Pete morelli is our ref on Sunday. 

I believe he has only reffed 3 of our games since 2013, and we are 1-2 in those games. The last one he reffed was the Jags game in 2016 that we lost and Mariota broke his leg. 

Edited by heyitsmeallen

nine   
9 minutes ago, heyitsmeallen said:

If anyone cares, Pete morelli is our ref on Sunday. 

Jesus Christ.  Morelli is as bad as Boger.  

As I mentioned earlier this week...I regard Morelli and Boger as the the two worst in the league.  In any game they call, fans are guaranteed to see at least 2-3  horrible calls/decisions that defy all logic and comprehension.  

So in short, we can fully expect this week’s game to be another embarrassment to the spirit of NFL officiating.  One can only hope that Morelli’s incompetence will extend equally to both teams.

1 minute ago, nine said:

Jesus Christ.  Morelli is as bad as Boger.  

As I mentioned earlier this week...I regard Morelli and Boger as the the two worst in the league.  In any game they call, fans are guaranteed to see at least 2-3  horrible calls/decisions that defy all logic and comprehension.  

We can only hope that Morelli will be equally incompetent for both teams.

Yeah we don’t necessarily get the A squad refs. The NFL doesn’t give 2 shits about us. I edited my post but we are 1-2 in the last 4 years with him reffing and the last game was the game vs the Jags where Mariota broke his leg.