How about the horrible officiating?

nine

• Replies 60
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Top Posters In This Topic

Popular Posts

The officiating in the Titans/Dolphins game was an exercise in utter and complete incompetence.      Minor:   On two separate occasions, Jerome Boger gave the hand signal for an illegal pro

This whole site is a waste of time

Not only did it look close enough for review, it looked pretty clear that Sharpe touched him down. 

The hit on Lewan was exactly the type of hit that the NFL put in the new targeting/lowering the helmet/hit to a defenseless player rules in for.

It is ridiculous that Branch wasn’t ejected. The NFL ejected Shaun Williams for a much less egregious play earlier in the day. 

Additionally, it sure looked like Tajae Sharpe bumped legs with Reshard Jones on the interception, which should have been called down by contact at the Miami 45. 

Also, I went back and watched the Delanie Walker injury and it was a pretty clear horse collar tackle. The defender had his left hand around Walker’s nameplate/neck and used his entire body weight to tackle him.

There is way too much inconsistency in the calls for a professional sport. 

3 minutes ago, currage said:

Also, I went back and watched the Delanie Walker injury and it was a pretty clear horse collar tackle. The defender had his left hand around Walker’s nameplate/neck and used his entire body weight to tackle 

I don't see that at all. Any how do I imbed this from a phone

https://mobile.twitter.com/ProFootballDoc/status/1038941869420380160?ref_src=twsrc^tfw|twcamp^tweetembed|twterm^1038941869420380160&ref_url=http%3A%2F%2Fwww.titansreport.com%2Findex.php%3Fapp%3Dcore%26module%3Dsystem%26controller%3Dembed%26url%3Dhttps%3A%2F%2Ftwitter.com%2FProFootballDoc%2Fstatus%2F1038941869420380160

Edited by Blackjack

I didn't have a problem at all with the tackle on Delanie.  It was a clean tackle....the fact that the defender ended up landing on his ankle was just plain bad luck.   Football is a game filled with violent collisions....sometimes unfortunate things happen and guys get hurt.

14 minutes ago, Soxcat said:

On the Lewan crack back Branch should have been the only penalty.  While things got testy nobody threw punches.  And how the hell, after an int where our LT gets knocked silly would Titans get called for taunting?  Taunting what?  The refs totally sucked that game. 

As far as crack back blocks there might not be a better one than the one Randy Starks delivered a number of years ago when with the Titans.  Don't remember who that was against but it was almost criminal. 

It was Kellen Winslow I do believe...

1 minute ago, ChesterCopperpot1 said:

Vrabel wanted to challenge Jones being down by contact, but he was told he couldn’t. That should have been automatically reviewed, but it wasn’t. How can NFL officiating be so poorly done? 

The officials told Vrabel they looked at it and didn't see a need to review. I don't understand how they reached the conclusion, looked close enough to be reviewed in my opinion.

Just now, oldschool said:

The officials told Vrabel they looked at it and didn't see a need to review. I don't understand how they reached the conclusion, looked close enough to be reviewed in my opinion.

Not only did it look close enough for review, it looked pretty clear that Sharpe touched him down.