Questions around Mariota overshadow a really poor start for Vrabel

AussieTitanFan08

Just now, OILERMAN said:

It's shocking a guy who was a DC last year and is now a HC did not know a simple rule concerning how to defend a QB carrying out a fake, in a time when the whole league is doing this. Especially considering he was on a team with Watkins last year and the Titans designed an offense that had that as a big part of the offense. It never came up? 

If you don't think that's a big deal you're crazy. 

Listen to what your harping on, a quote that was probably tongue and cheek and your acting like he said he didn't know what a 3-4 defense was. Nobody cares and its not a big deal Maury but you had to make it one.

• Replies 119
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Top Posters In This Topic

Popular Posts

Let's also get one thing straight....firing Mularkey for Vrabel was absolutely the correct move. Besides embracing modern technology & offensive principles, Mike Mularkey clearly doesn't have the

I think its really hard to judge a first time Head Coach after yesterday's game.  That was quite possibly the worst situation to be in for your first game with all the weather delays and add on the in

The run defense was terrible early on & the time out was horrific but let's not act like this wasn't a ridiculous game. There's two 2 hour delays, right as we have a 3rd & 1 and right after a

Posted Images

20 minutes ago, OILERMAN said:

Yea right. I pointed it out but not to fit an agenda.... it's a shocking statement from a guy who is a head coach and was a DC last year. You don't think it's a big deal he didn't know it was legal or wasn't already putting it in the game plan on opposing QBs? It's probably worse than anything Mularkey/Robeski said

Nothing is worse than Mularkey telling everyone everything was fine, and defiantly saying no changes to the staff or the scheme were planned, and he didn't intend to make any.

It was the dumbest thing anyone has ever said in a YE presser in the 50 years I've been following the game.

Hell, it was almost as dumb as some of the stupid shit you come up with.

1 minute ago, TitanDuckFan said:

Nothing is worse than Mularkey telling everyone everything was fine, and defiantly saying no changes to the staff or the scheme were planned, and he didn't intend to make any.

It was the dumbest thing anyone has ever said in a YE presser in the 50 years I've been following the game.

That part of his statement wasn't even worth replying too.

12 minutes ago, Huston said:

Listen to what your harping on, a quote that was probably tongue and cheek and your acting like he said he didn't know what a 3-4 defense was. Nobody cares and its not a big deal Maury but you had to make it one.

It clearly wasn't tongue in cheek and other people thought it was a big deal as well 

3 minutes ago, OILERMAN said:

It clearly wasn't tongue in cheek and other people thought it was a big deal as well 

Who, not seeing an article about Meathead Vrabel not knowing a defensive rule.

Edited by Huston

14 minutes ago, TitanDuckFan said:

Through week 1 it looks like the  new offense has the exact same problem

Anyone think Brady doesn’t draw a flag there is crazy. It wasn’t the fact he hit him. It’s the fact it was a full second after the hand off and he went in head first into his legs. 

What Vrabel said was obviously stupid, but it did sound a little tongue and cheek in a manner saying okay I’ll remember that when we play Brady and see how it works when he fakes and rolls. At least that’s my hope. 

1 minute ago, IsntLifeFunny said:

Anyone think Brady doesn’t draw a flag there is crazy. It wasn’t the fact he hit him. It’s the fact it was a full second after the hand off and he went in head first into his legs. 

What Vrabel said was obviously stupid, but it did sound a little tongue and cheek in a manner saying okay I’ll remember that when we play Brady and see how it works when he fakes and rolls. At least that’s my hope. 

Vrabel isnt running the defense and unless he is telling his linebackers to not hit the QB on RPO's it makes no difference.

4 minutes ago, IsntLifeFunny said:

If it happened to Brady they'd throw a flag, fine the player and change the rules. 

But let's be real, Brady ain't running that gimmick shit because he can pass from the pocket. 

3 minutes ago, OILERMAN said:

If it happened to Brady they'd throw a flag, fine the player and change the rules. 

But let's be real, Brady ain't running that gimmick shit because he can pass from the pocket. 

You have the nerve to say lets be real lol.

1 minute ago, OILERMAN said:

Yes I do, hate to break it to you but all the concerns I've stated have been dead on. 

Your list of concerns are a mile long and grow each game. Half the crap you were blaming Marcus for on Sunday weren't even legit and even your guy Blake confirmed this. In fact why don't you list all these concerns for me that have been dead on about because I'm willing to bet they are mostly just your opinion and a premature one at that.

13 minutes ago, OILERMAN said:

I’ve seen him do the keeper before. I meant in terms of fake boots and the such. How can the defender know he doesn’t still have the ball on the rollout?