AussieTitanFan08

Questions around Mariota overshadow a really poor start for Vrabel

1 minute ago, Former_Fan said:

I will say I though the play calling on the first two series was pretty good. Nice mix of run and pass. Better QB and receiver play and we could have had a decent early lead.

Mariota was processing pretty well in the first. He stuck in the pocket on a couple intermediate throws and hit some quick ones. It seems he’s trying too hard to process instead of just playing the game though. Vrabel echoed the statements when he said he just wants him to start letting loose and rip it.

If Mariota is going to fail then damn I want to see him go down like Fitz. I would seriously show him game film of the guy and how he just lets everything go. He throws five picks one game and just keeps slinging the ball. The kid is just too tightly strung. Hell, Vrabel should take him out and tell him to get shitfaced or he’s benched (jk...kind of). If he can’t let go and just have fun then he’s done in my opinion. It’s too much for a guy like him to process and still play loose. Of course that goes along with 3.5 different offenses in four years, but this is where we are and MM has to start throwing the ball like a real QB. 

5 minutes ago, IsntLifeFunny said:

Mariota was processing pretty well in the first. He stuck in the pocket on a couple intermediate throws and hit some quick ones. It seems he’s trying too hard to process instead of just playing the game though. Vrabel echoed the statements when he said he just wants him to start letting loose and rip it.

If Mariota is going to fail then damn I want to see him go down like Fitz. I would seriously show him game film of the guy and how he just lets everything go. He throws five picks one game and just keeps slinging the ball. The kid is just too tightly strung. Hell, Vrabel should take him out and tell him to get shitfaced or he’s benched (jk...kind of). If he can’t let go and just have fun then he’s done in my opinion. It’s too much for a guy like him to process and still play loose. Of course that goes along with 3.5 different offenses in four years, but this is where we are and MM has to start throwing the ball like a real QB. 

He is a momentum player. Before the injury, if a few of those balls were caught, this could have been a much different conversation.

2 hours ago, OILERMAN said:

Yea it was pretty weird. Why weren't we already doing that and why doesn't he know the basic rules?

Not only that, he was a great player who seems to be your prototypical meathead... There's no way he never wanted to get some extra licks in on guys when he played.

I remember being coached to do this in high school even and I was a fricken JV linebacker... I get the QBs are protected in the pro's but there's no way that Vrabel didn't know

Edited by wiscotitansfan

1 hour ago, patsplat said:

The defender was tracking the RB all the way... until he changed direction and laid a cheap shot  legal hit on Mariota because that's what players are coached to do.

14 minutes ago, wiscotitansfan said:

And yet I have no doubt in my mind that we win that game under Mularkey ironically

Speculate all you want.

The fact that he isn't working, even as a coordinator, isn't speculation.

A lot of staffs were created whole, revised and retooled last season, there was plenty of room at any number of places that he could have landed.

He didn't manage to land anywhere, in any position.

I don't believe that's a coincidence.

6 minutes ago, TitanDuckFan said:

Speculate all you want.

The fact that he isn't working, even as a coordinator, isn't speculation.

A lot of staffs were created whole, revised and retooled last season, there was plenty of room at any number of places that he could have landed.

He didn't manage to land anywhere, in any position.

I don't believe that's a coincidence.

I'm not saying he's even a good coach, just find it funny that you bring him up in a team win/loss record post to act like he would have done worse than any of the new guys

28 minutes ago, wiscotitansfan said:

I'm not saying he's even a good coach, just find it funny that you bring him up in a team win/loss record post to act like he would have done worse than any of the new guys

No, I didn't say he would have done worse.  Or that he could have done worse.

I said he couldn't because he ain't working.

That's worse.

Just now, patsplat said:

Hayes saw the RB going upfield and dropped contain to lower his head and cut Mariota's legs.

Cheap shot to injure Mariota?  Hell fucking yes. Don't be an idiot.

Unnecessary doesn't mean cheap... It was completely in the rule book and all teams (besides the Titans I guess) are encouraged to do exactly the same thing

Don't get so emotional about it because it's your guy