AussieTitanFan08

Questions around Mariota overshadow a really poor start for Vrabel

OILERMAN   
Just now, tgo said:

How about don’t run many RPOs. 

It was funny that he said he told Dean Pees to make sure we started doing that to other teams. Kind of makes you wonder. 

Yea it was pretty weird. Why weren't we already doing that and why doesn't he know the basic rules?

tgo   
Just now, OILERMAN said:

Yea it was pretty weird. Why weren't we already doing that and why doesn't he know the basic rules?

Lol exactly

japan   
8 minutes ago, OILERMAN said:

Vrabel did have a pretty weird moment in the presser today. 

First of all he acted like he was surprised to learn the QB could get hit when he's acting out a fake. I knew that and thought it was pretty well known. Then when discussing how to protect the QB.

Vrabel said the Titans and Mariota can do things moving forward to protect Mariota.

“Marcus knows ways to protect himself,” Vrabel said. “Clearly, letting the defender know and the official know that you don’t have the ball.

When you're acting out a fake and pretending to have the ball how do you let the defender know you don't have the ball?

i thought the same thing.  You have to fool people into thinking you have the ball.

tgo   
7 minutes ago, Titans279 said:

What's your opinion of Mariota?

Is he a bad Bortles like QB as OMAN says?

I’m not throwing in the towel on Mariota yet but he absolutely has to play better. I still think he has the makeup to be a franchise QB for sure. 

I give him more excuses than I should because he has been utterly mismanaged by this organization from the beginning having gone through so many coaching and scheme changes. 

From a terminology standpoint, the difference in verbiage going from Wiz to Mularkey was way less severe than the current system change, especially since Mularkey knew Whisenhunt’s system backwards and forwards and adopted some of that verbiage. 

Given that transitioning to this offense is way more unnatural than most offensive transitions, patience is required for at least half the season. 

But he needs to stop with the boneheaded rookie mistakes and throws like in the Steelers preseason game and throwing across his body, etc. i’m doing him the huge favor of attributing his two ints to the elbow/hand injury even after a mediocre performance in a gameplan where they were totally babysitting him. 

Huston   

I expect a good game form Marcus Sunday, he looked like he knew were to go with the ball just needs to be more confident in his throws and just let it go.

As bad as the game and performance were, there was a lack of fire on both sides. And Vrabel had the deer in headlights look the entire game. The team as a whole just didn't look prepared. It honestly looked like watching an ugly first preseason game. 

1 minute ago, patsplat said:

The defender was tracking the RB all the way... until he changed direction and laid a cheap shot on Mariota.

Perfectly legal. Mary's just naive thinking someone won't hit him.

Edited by JoelinBellevue