Questions around Mariota overshadow a really poor start for Vrabel

AussieTitanFan08

28 minutes ago, wiscotitansfan said:

I'm not saying he's even a good coach, just find it funny that you bring him up in a team win/loss record post to act like he would have done worse than any of the new guys

No, I didn't say he would have done worse.  Or that he could have done worse.

I said he couldn't because he ain't working.

That's worse.

• Replies 119
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Top Posters In This Topic

Popular Posts

Let's also get one thing straight....firing Mularkey for Vrabel was absolutely the correct move. Besides embracing modern technology & offensive principles, Mike Mularkey clearly doesn't have the

I think its really hard to judge a first time Head Coach after yesterday's game.  That was quite possibly the worst situation to be in for your first game with all the weather delays and add on the in

The run defense was terrible early on & the time out was horrific but let's not act like this wasn't a ridiculous game. There's two 2 hour delays, right as we have a 3rd & 1 and right after a

Posted Images

Just now, patsplat said:

Hayes saw the RB going upfield and dropped contain to lower his head and cut Mariota's legs.

Cheap shot to injure Mariota?  Hell fucking yes. Don't be an idiot.

Unnecessary doesn't mean cheap... It was completely in the rule book and all teams (besides the Titans I guess) are encouraged to do exactly the same thing

Don't get so emotional about it because it's your guy

6 minutes ago, patsplat said:

Hayes saw the RB going upfield and dropped contain to lower his head and cut Mariota's legs.

Cheap shot to injure Mariota?  Hell fucking yes. Don't be an idiot.

You're also an idiot there... He literally followed contain because Mariota faked a run out wide

You don't think he was supposed to contain who went out wide and the next guy makes the tackle inside?

Edited by wiscotitansfan

Just now, wiscotitansfan said:

You're also an idiot there... He literally followed contain because Mariota faked a run out wide

You don't think he was supposed to contain who went out wide and the next guy takes inside?

It's less clear from the close in shots, but from the wider shots Hayes is tracking the RB until the ball is handed off and the RB goes between the tackles... when he changes direction and cuts Mariota.

3 minutes ago, patsplat said:

It's less clear from the close in shots, but from the wider shots Hayes is tracking the RB until the ball is handed off and the RB goes between the tackles... when he changes direction and cuts Mariota.

YES because he is supposed to contain the guy who is going to be a threat to take it outside! Once Henry is heading straight for the gang tackle and not a threat to get outside his job is done with the RB.

He realized Henry wasn't the guy who he was supposed to cover and IMMEDIATELY headed towards Mariota

Edited by wiscotitansfan

1 minute ago, patsplat said:

The DE's job is contain and keying off the QB. By staying with Mariota he forced the inside handoff which freed him up to hit Mariota. There was nothing wrong with what he did. If teams are going to run RPOs defenses will hit the QB before the whistle. Football 101.

11 minutes ago, oldschool said:

The DE's job is contain and keying off the QB. By staying with Mariota he forced the inside handoff which freed him up to hit Mariota. There was nothing wrong with what he did. If teams are going to run RPOs defenses will hit the QB before the whistle. Football 101.

Except he didn't stay with Mariota, he came off the RB after Mariota handed the ball off.

It's obvious from the normal view, less so from the low zoomed in view.

1 minute ago, patsplat said:

Except he didn't stay with Mariota, he came off the RB after Mariota handed the ball off.

Yes, he ran towards the spot where the ball was... once it was handed off and Henry ran between the tackles and Mariota faked a run outside he hit the guy he was supposed to contain.

This is freshman level football

Just now, patsplat said:

Not to be a dick but did you play football? I played DE and TE and I'm telling you the RB is not the DE's responsibility there. The DE has to keep contain and force the ball inside. In the case of an RPO or QB option the DE stays with the QB in case it's a fake. 

1 minute ago, wiscotitansfan said:

Yes, he ran towards the spot where the ball was... once it was handed off and Henry ran between the tackles and Mariota faked a run outside he hit the guy he was supposed to contain.

This is freshman level football

This made me laugh as I literally learned this concept during two-a-days my freshman year of high school 25 years ago.

3 minutes ago, oldschool said:

Not to be a dick but did you play football? I played DE and TE and I'm telling you the RB is not the DE's responsibility there. The DE has to keep contain and force the ball inside. In the case of an RPO or QB option the DE stays with the QB in case it's a fake. 

...Or the RB if he runs outside on a sweep and the QB is the inside threat to run with the ball.

Either way, he's not taking the guy cutting upfield between the tackles like Patsplat said himself

Edited by wiscotitansfan