Initial thoughts

kyle021

Losing Lewan, MM and Walker was a killer. No way we beat them without those guys. 

We started this game out beautiful on offense. Taylor’s drop in the end zone for a TD on the first drive was a killer and not kicking a FG on the 2nd drive was a mistake. 

The weather delays killed us. They weren’t just short delays. They were hours each time. Every time there was a delay we were in rythym or got a major turnover. 

The hold on Walker negating the Henry TD was terrible. Should’ve been a face mask call on defense in all honesty. The refs were awful in this game. They didn’t even know the correct motion for a neutral zone infraction. 

Mariota had one bad pass which was the INT and happened after he hurt his throwing hand. That’s whatever.  

The second pick I place on the RB for allowing the LB to snag it from him. Next thing we know... MM has a sudden elbow injury and is on the bench. I think we kept him out bc it was clear we were up against a top pass rush with backup RT and a back ups backup at LT. Why risk it?

then Walker... that’s the biggest sting. 

I still think we bounce back with a big W next week and Smith will fill in fine as Walker in this offense. Same skill set, faster and younger and bigger. Stocker will be the blocker as he should and Firkser offers a better option as a receiver than stocker. 

This game wasnt as bad as bad as it feels. It feels worse bc if the 4 hour total delay and the major injuries but

Lewan and Mariota + Landry/Evans should be back next week which will be a major boost to our run defense and pass rush. 

Butler played Stills as best as he could on the 75 yard TD. A great throw beats great coverage every time. 

Another stinger was Butler falling down on a clear pick 6 which ended in a pick by MM once we got back from delay

i expect a fired up team and much better execution next week. 

Run defense was atrocious. It is obvious we miss Williamson’s replacement in Evans. Once he comes back which I bet is next week then we will be a lot better there. 

It was to easy running up the middle against Compton and Brown

2 minutes ago, Kyle021 said:

Losing Lewan, MM and Walker was a killer. No way we beat them without those guys. 

We started this game out beautiful on offense. Taylor’s drop in the end zone for a TD on the first drive was a killer and not kicking a FG on the 2nd drive was a mistake. 

The weather delays killed us. They weren’t just short delays. They were hours each time. Every time there was a delay we were in rythym or got a major turnover. 

The hold on Walker negating the Henry TD was terrible. Should’ve been a face mask call on defense in all honesty. The refs were awful in this game. They didn’t even know the correct motion for a neutral zone infraction. 

Mariota had one bad pass which was the INT and happened after he hurt his throwing hand. That’s whatever.  

The second pick I place on the RB for allowing the LB to snag it from him. Next thing we know... MM has a sudden elbow injury and is on the bench. I think we kept him out bc it was clear we were up against a top pass rush with backup RT and a back ups backup at LT. Why risk it?

then Walker... that’s the biggest sting. 

I still think we bounce back with a big W next week and Smith will fill in fine as Walker in this offense. Same skill set, faster and younger and bigger. Stocker will be the blocker as he should and Firkser offers a better option as a receiver than stocker. 

This game wasnt as bad as bad as it feels. It feels worse bc if the 4 hour total delay and the major injuries but

Lewan and Mariota + Landry/Evans should be back next week which will be a major boost to our run defense and pass rush. 

Butler played Stills as best as he could on the 75 yard TD. A great throw beats great coverage every time. 

Another stinger was Butler falling down on a clear pick 6 which ended in a pick by MM once we got back from delay

i expect a fired up team and much better execution next week. 

We were losing before the injuries 

Archived