OILERMAN vs IsntLifeFunny RB bet

OILERMAN

• Replies 1.4k
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Top Posters In This Topic

Popular Posts

Somehow it feels like you are both losing the bet.

OMAN we get it,    you care more about your agenda than the titans success. 

Never mind the fact that Henry scored three of his four TDs last night (and at least 7 of his 9 TD's this season) on runs between the tackles.   Agendas and preconceived notions are far more important

Posted Images

I think Henry is too predictable with his runs, and the defenses seem to be ready. If he breaks a tackle watch out, but Lewis much more elusive and versatile. Also don't like the way Mariota hands the ball off sometimes, he holds it too long and makes it obvious. Would be better suited for play action as a decoy.

Edited by Former_Fan

The bet should be straight snap counts with no caveats. 

But it they made agreed upon terms and ILF basically spotted Oman 4 games worth of touches over the season. 

If ILF loses he can partially blame the silly terms.. but if he wins it’s a no excuse stomping. 

i wouldnt  have gone that route but I can see why he did it 

17 minutes ago, Soxcat said:

I'll admit if I had one play and had to decide between Lewis and Henry I'd pick Lewis for his overall skill set.  He was even better than I thought.  Still, we have this tendency to go overboard and get into the one sucks and other is great argument.  It is silly.  These guys need to split carries and we need to get the most we can from both of them.  Look at the stats from last season.  Henry, the one who sucks, averaged 5.5 YPC in the 2nd half last year.  When we had the lead he averaged 5.9 YPC.  He averaged 6.6 YPC in the 4th quarter.   I was surprised to see Lewis average last year when behind by 1-8 points was only 4.2.  Only 3.5 when behind by 9-16 points.  I would have thought while he got less carries when behind he would have a better average. 

We certainly don't need to run Lewis too much and take a chance of losing him to injury.  I also think Lewis is going to be harder to replace if he goes down.  If I had to chose between having Lewis and Fluellen or Henry and Fluellen I'd assume the Lewis combo is a better fit.  Maybe use Lewis more early to get the offense off to a good start with run and pass and then utilize Henry more in the 2nd half where he can gouge the defense. 

Good post. Henry has incredible closer ability and thats exactly how he should be used. Both guys are going to contribute to the team winning this year. At this point I don't see anyone saying henry sucks but I think it's clear based on what we've seen that he isn't a workhorse.

1 hour ago, oldschool said:

Good post. Henry has incredible closer ability and thats exactly how he should be used. Both guys are going to contribute to the team winning this year. At this point I don't see anyone saying henry sucks but I think it's clear based on what we've seen that he isn't a workhorse.

Henry sucks!